Contest winners (sweat in the name of science)

Acronoid

Stalker
Society
United Talents
If you need to know it, you already do
Thank to all partipants :

participants for the prize:

Code:
Biber                    1100 attempts
Zwarff                  200 attempts
Outman			100 attempts
NathanLate		400 attempts
Hotei			1100 attempts
Little Flower		100 attempts
Carl Kolchak		110 attempts
Coop			1216 attempts
Zark7			200 attempts
Alkarias		500 attempts
Ari			100 attempts
Syrinx			300 attempts
Smartiez		105 attempts
AIS			303 attempts
Treva			226 attempts
myagi			100 attempts
jimmy peeters		228 attempts
Billposter		82 attempts
beginner		593 attempts
olos			222 attempts
RazorFire		100 attempts
Perib			100 attempts
ariades			??? I'll count it together later :D
O'Cuinn			262 attempts
Angel D			140 attempts

participants in name of science
Zetanian
Midori Fairlona
count0
Amanita
steffel
sledge
Norbert

Winner Main Prize:
olos

Prize:

* an opalo
* a fap 5
* tt handgun (sponsered by zetanian)
* 20PEd ammo (sponsered by solaris)
* Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-28 (By sledge)
* Omegaton amp 101 (By sledge)
* 3K sweat (by Nemesis)

Winner most attempts (yes I didn't tell anyone that the one that contributed the most got a prize too, but that was not to get any fake results)
Coop

Prize:

* Opalo
* full tt amp 101 (silently sponsered by bonescolls ;) )

Used algoritm (hadn't got a dice with 25 sides)
used the order of above list in a texteditor that shows the lines :)

Code:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Randomize
Text1.Text = Round(Rnd * 25)
End Sub

Prizes are to be collected on Sunday 14 Januari 2007
At 20:00 MA time (seen when pressing <u> ingame)
At the statue at Port Antlantis (eudoria)

Gratz to the winners, and let the processing of data now begin :wise:

Last edited:
Nice work acronoid. Im very curious for the results :)

And congratulations to Olo and Coop :yay:

Winner most attempts (yes I didn't tell anyone that the one that contributed the most got a price too, but that was not to get any fake results)
Coop

That's great, thanks!

I was going to suggest weighting the odds on total data provided, as an incentive to get more data, but didn't because of the same reason--possibility of fake results.

Thanks again for running this experiment, it has helped me gather data useful to my own sweating, and I will eagerly await the results of your number crunching (which I highly suspect will confirm the null hypothesis)

Grats to both of you.

:yay:
science has rewarded me

Little surprised though: with most experiments IRL science, every participant gets a low reward for joining :wise:

So Acronoid, if you've got idea's ;)

That's great, thanks!

I was going to suggest weighting the odds on total data provided, as an incentive to get more data, but didn't because of the same reason--possibility of fake results.

Thanks again for running this experiment, it has helped me gather data useful to my own sweating, and I will eagerly await the results of your number crunching (which I highly suspect will confirm the null hypothesis)

What is the hypothesis? And can I still give you data later if it is needed?

Congrats to you all. Very excited to see the results!

grats for both, and especially Coop :)
well done

congratulations all the winners! :)

Gratz to both winners.
And do not forget to +rep Acronoid!:)

What is the hypothesis? And can I still give you data later if it is needed?

Yes, I will make a new thread (one without a price) where participants can add their new data.

I will also post the results into a ";" dilimitered form (easy to add to a database) so that anyone who loves working with data and want to do science can. :D

aw i didnt win anything all prices went to 2 ppl xD

oh well grats, and im looking forward to the results, nice work +rep

Too late for competition but was not really aiming for the prizes.

Here are my results using focus charges and sweating mostly snables at Atlas Haven:
to begin
Concentration Skill 371
Sweat Gatherer Skill 410

102 attempts 19 success 83 failures sweat gained = 251

gained +5 sweat , +2 athletics , +2 evade , +1 concentration , +1 combat reflex

Ending Concentration Skill 372
Sweat Gatherer Skill 411

100 attempts 22 success 78 failures sweat gained = 229

gained +8 sweat , +2 athletics , +8 evade , +3 courage , +1 psyche , +2 alert , +1 combat reflex

Ending Concentration Skill 373
Sweat Gatherer Skill 414

100 attempts 28 success 72 failures sweat gained = 321

gained +8 sweat , +2 athletics , +4 evade , +2 combat reflex , +1 courage , +3 concentration

Ending Concentration Skill 373
Sweat Gatherer Skill 416

By the way a price is what you pay for goods you buy and a prize can be won in a competition

I would recomend re-running this competition and would donate some prizes

By the way a price is what you pay for goods you buy and a prize can be won in a competition

I would recomend re-running this competition and would donate some prizes

Congratulations Mir U have won the Prize for the "splitting hair competition" !

;)

Thank for pointing out the spelling error :p :D

dont worry Mir, i got your back :D

Yes, I will make a new thread (one without a price) where participants can add their new data.

I will also post the results into a ";" dilimitered form (easy to add to a database) so that anyone who loves working with data and want to do science can. :D

From reading the posts it seems like a 20% success rate for solo sweating in non HIGH TRAFFIC areas seems to be the normal success rate. It has been my opinion that when more than one person attempts to sweat a mob only one can succeed. So that twould explain to lower succes rates at PA. I.E.- Many mobs may have been encountered after someone else tried to sweat them.

I would suggestt that the succes rate seems to be the same for all skill levels so lets look at data like attempts before being attacked.. number of bottles per succes.. and I recomend doing the data gathering in isolated areas. I hve to belileve sweat gathering skills and concentration have somethingt odo with improving theodds.. maybe it is just not int he success rate catagory.? Ideas?

You could be right :) the amount of people sweating could very well affect the chances of getting sweat, when I was sweating bigger animals I could go ages with out something then all of a sudden 6 in a row, now noone else was around, but if they had it would have made sense for maybe one of those success pulls been made by someone else,

Maybe it like mining SG affects the avg bottles?, so a noob may get 5 bottles where you with a much higher SG gets 10??

Of course only an assumption but I like it :D nice so you get a +rep from me today

Back