Question: Couldnt be arsed with writing a storyline for the last invasion?

Stave

Deactivated Account
So yet another invasion has past, first real one with newest calypso dev team and what i noticed is a significant lack of attempt to provide any kind of storyline or continuity of any exsisting storylines.

So just wondering,

Couldnt you be arsed with writing a storyline for the last invasion?

I mean every news thing on the client loader had the exact same name, it didnt have any EBN Breaking news reports of any kind, a important set part of any invasion, there were no intercepted encoded messages, another important part of a calypso invasion, nor were there any missions set in place like the invasion before this had, Harbinger.

I mean you have so much at your disposal to do a real kick ass propper invasion event, but looking at the last one you just supposedly did now, seems you just dont care at all.

For example, this event idea i posted a very long time ago, that only uses exsisting systems, https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/200617-will-scenario-ever-possible.html

This last one really was lazy, and clearly only done to get income, no other reason.

There really was nothing new added, i mean the wastelanders were even used in place of what the RX were used for before FPC, which really, for the RX, isnt what their story was about in the original story anyway.

And there was no additional information, such as logs or intercepts to explain why the wastelanders would even want to help the robots, who would kill the wastelanders anyway, it was just all round lazy.

Rather dissapointed that you have botched this very important part of running calypso, and i decided to post this in hopes that it gets you to rectify this problem and gets you to make moves to plan, write and design a real kick ass invasion for next year.

Either way, just my two pec's,

Stave

Reactions: das
Actually, I very much disagree. I feel the storyline was quite well written (with CDF alerts instead of EBN news) and the fact that they left some things unanswered only gives fuel to further storylines.

I see this as more of a "buildup" to future invasions. We never got to know why the Wastelanders are suddenly siding with the robots, but that only gives us room to speculate (do they get power? resources? robot tech and/or augmentation implants?) and it may be revealed in the next storyline.

Sure, it could've been better in some ways, but overall it was a quite interesting development that is possible to explore further in the future. If everything had been answered in this storyline, there wouldn't be anything left to speculate and think about until the next invasion. Instead, this opens up for a series of storylines to explain this further to us, maybe even with Wastelanders getting "evolved" with robo-tech :cool:

Couldnt you be arsed with writing a storyline for the last invasion?
What for? Big bots, pew pew, trade collectibles, receive prizes. Let's keep it fun and simple. Last time we wanted drama, half the continent was mangled by robots and our capital became their capital.

I noticed right after Akoz dropped his Return of the GOLDEN AGE event and players were signing up by the boat load:dancing::handgun::sniper::sniper::rocket: MA droped the Big Bots out the door along with the chance to loot the 100k land deeds right after that:eyecrazy:.I think Akoz slapped them across the head with his event:nutkick: and they responded.The bots might have been rushed out the door and thats why the storyline wasnt fully implimented?:dunno: But Akoz,s event was a :nutkick:to MA,s bottom line and CLD owners :)

I noticed right after Akoz dropped his Return of the GOLDEN AGE event and players were signing up by the boat load:dancing::handgun::sniper::sniper::rocket: MA droped the Big Bots out the door along with the chance to loot the 100k land deeds right after that:eyecrazy:.I think Akoz slapped them across the head with his event:nutkick: and they responded.The bots might have been rushed out the door and thats why the storyline wasnt fully implimented?:dunno: But Akoz,s event was a :nutkick:to MA,s bottom line and CLD owners :)

I don't see why it should be a kick in the nuts to CLD holders? I think all CLD owners will be very happy for events that attracts alot of hunting, it'll generate nice income fore the CLD holders.

I don't see why it should be a kick in the nuts to CLD holders? I think all CLD owners will be very happy for events that attracts alot of hunting, it'll generate nice income fore the CLD holders.
The point was :If Akoz takes the majority of players attention time and money to hunt on his land for UBER gear then thats less money for everyone else.And i think the recent events prove MA got a wake up call when they saw Akoz,s event thats all.Nothing negative in that just an observation/opinion.

The point was :If Akoz takes the majority of players attention time and money to hunt on his land for UBER gear then thats less money for everyone else.And i think the recent events prove MA got a wake up call when they saw Akoz,s event thats all.Nothing negative in that just an observation/opinion.

I am not sure if you're correct or not in that MA/CLDowners would get less from people hunting at LAs rather than elsewhere (as that is the only reason I can think of for you believing they would get less because of Akoz's event), but there are a couple of your observations that seem wrong to me.

1) The Calypso team had planned on ending the robot event around now anyways, as they set the date for giving out rewards to 26/27th back when it started (meaning they planned for it to end around now).
2) The big robots were spawned during most of the event.
3) We already knew they were adding the CLDs to loot since quite some time, and that they have does it no way counter Akoz's event (since they drop from all mobs and many of those mobs are part of the event).

Back