Couple of ?? Tailoring/Coloring

Tathyn

Old
Tathyn "Crash" D'Ar
I already know the number one rule of crafting - don't. But I enjoy clicking the little button (I was always a slot machine kind of girl :rolleyes:) so I've stuck with tailoring for a while.

My question is ... how does QR affect the final product? Does it increase the value of a successful click or produce more residue? I currently have a basic pattern pants BP at a QR of 34 and really haven't noticed much difference from when it was a 10. How about in textures? I have a BP there with a QR of 40 and again, no noticeable difference in output.

And then theres the partial success "recovering some of your materials". It will show some generic leather and a molisk button or two in addition to remnants, but it doesn't appear that I actually get those items back. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, more often it doesn't. Am I missing something? :scratch2:

OK, on to coloring. Does the amount of paint you add affect your skill increase? In other words, will I skill up 50x faster using 50 paint (or faster enough to justify the difference in cost) than 1 paint per attempt?

I'm not trying to break the bank or get rich, but I'd like to make enough back to keep the deposits to a minimum. So far I have 1 HoF and several globals and a lot of times I'll get between 1K & 5K remnants back total on a run of 100 so I'm happy but still a bit confused.

Tailoring lvl 2 going strong for level 3!

And then theres the partial success "recovering some of your materials". It will show some generic leather and a molisk button or two in addition to remnants, but it doesn't appear that I actually get those items back. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, more often it doesn't. Am I missing something? :scratch2:

might be, because the materials go back into the crafting machin while the remnants land in your inventory (unless you also have them in the crafting window).

As for QR...the higher the QR and the skill the better the overall return. With a QR of 100 you can expect a return rate of around 90% in TT value after cycling several Ks if you craft on quantity.
Crafting on condition is gambling, can give you some nice HoFs but from my experience they only pay you back what you spent and never more then the 90%. Maybe try it when you are above level 10 and really have PEDs that you might not need for several months.

Back