CRA armor, Guide Program II and my thanks

Also pretty easy to find those 2 if you
1. can check if they are online
2. can drag out a hp bar from FL & just keep waiting at a tp while other ppl have to wait like 1 minute b4 all greendots load & still need to manually look around if they are actually there.
Guess it proves again that having you're "friends" ingame really helps (note, I didn't say the official/non-official guides abused this)

I so wish that was true. Okay i ahve them in FL. But did they mention where they are ... Hell i begged at Emma but she said no no no and no. The second attempt i did to get a car in the car event almost failed because i say like a million avatrs around emma. I almost even tped back and gave up.

Friend with FPC is nicebut they wont tell inside information about anything. There are very very strict about. Sometimes a bit too strict in my opinion.

But my other friend on the FL helped tracking down Emma and Simon. Just like any other player

either you get recognition & the price that comes with it or just say to fpc 'keep you're gift i don't wonna be in the list.. '
guess it comes down to morals & principles...
anyway, made my point & not gonna discuss this further, time to move on ;)

Hell you just said I have wrong principles now. Easy to move on now but that is a bit harsh. We did a lot of work and we got a reward for it. Some ppl dont like to defend them self like i do now why they got something.

I understand ppl not wanting to be on a list and i respect that decision. As for a list www.planetcaypso.com/guides. There is the list that you want. Itś not even a secret who where the guides. Some that even whine abotu the armor dont even now there where guides.

Last edited:
heh

i didnt get a car in that event either although i found Emma

but i really dont know what vehicles have to do with it

i wanted to explain what the guide program is about to ppl who never heard of it
explain what we did, etc

if anyone thinks i do that to justify us getting it, you are wrong
i know that we deserved it, if you disagree with that generally, doesnt matter (to me), i won't tell people what to think

if you think you deserved it too, great, maybe you do, but that isn't the topic, which is to explain more about the guide program and say thanks to people who had a part in it

and to the last but main point

i wrote this partially, as i said, to shed some light onto the guide program for ppl who wondered
and amazingly most responses seem to be with the
"wtf, i deserve it more" "wtf, i deserve it all", "i deposited, i want one too"

now (complainers and whiners), sit down for a minute thinking about it
I post someone to give the info ppl asked for
you so desperately ask for what happened, why it happened, and so on
but all you do is complain that it happened and/or something good happened, but not to you

ever wondered why FPC/MA doesn't tell that much?
take a look here :p
if they would try they would get bashed :D

Not everybody wants that because the community whines about ...they even requested it this way. I wonder why ;)

If the item handed out is supposed to be a Community Recognition Award, then there it instead should be advertised as such. If someone deserves an award with that name, there is no reason to be ashamed. At least if the one selecting the people for the reward can stand behind their decision.

If MA wants to award someone silently there are other ways to do it, I mean just silently put a Boar armor in storage with a note that it's a compensation from support.dept.

that my dear Ranpha is what I mean.
It should'nt be Alice or you or any other unofficial guide making this thread, FPC should have done it & explained WHY they rewarded you guys...
You wouldn't get the BS about defending yourself.
For the benefit part of having them on fl..
Pretty easy to drag out 2 hp bars of emma & simon, no need to pm but when you are at a popular tp at that time when there are like 50 other ava's, you know very fast if a guide is there or not, something other ppl couldn't do.. if you don't see a benefit in that..
& to end, lemme repeat what i just said to alice ingame,
most ppl do know what time & effort it takes to 'guide' nubs so what I'm concerned, I feel the award is deserved. It's the way FPC presented it that I don't like

If the item handed out is supposed to be a Community Recognition Award, then there it instead should be advertised as such. If someone deserves an award with that name, there is no reason to be ashamed. At least if the one selecting the people for the reward can stand behind their decision.

If MA wants to award someone silently there are other ways to do it, I mean just silently put a Boar armor in storage with a note that it's a compensation from support.dept.

I totally agree with you but not everybody likes that and just want the silent treatment. Now FPC respeted this and the ppl that want the repp and fame an get it here on EF and the other that liek it silent just do there business

BTW we aint over with guiding yet ... we a re still there .not need to panic :eyecrazy:

I totally agree with you but not everybody likes that and just want the silent treatment. Now FPC respeted this and the ppl that want the repp and fame an get it here on EF and the other that liek it silent just do there business

BTW we aint over with guiding yet ... we a re still there .not need to panic :eyecrazy:
should indeed have kept it silent, it is my fault that I tried to explain what we did for ppl so longing to know why the armor was given (to us)

should indeed have kept it silent, it is my fault that I tried to explain what we did for ppl so longing to know why the armor was given (to us)

Nah you did what you think is right

Now FPC respeted this and the ppl that want the repp and fame an get it here on EF and the other that liek it silent just do there business

I think this drives people nuts.

And why do someone accept being a guide, if they "want to carry on with their business", it's like saying they're not guides. I doubt an off-duty guide in the middle of the wilderness hunting will be hazzled more by people in orange suits than, for instance, someone who ever bought sweat from a beginner and accepted them to add you to FL.

Since it's a special armor the can of worms would have popped at first time anyone of you have shown up in public. In a way it could be seen as gnome/ghoul, but the fact it has helmet would have blewn the cover.

The people who didn't want this public could have decided to stand back from the reward, and gotten a armor like Boar in their storage (boar armors are common enough so the one who got it could have said they bought it from auction or something if someone asked).

I think this drives people nuts. And why do someone accept being a guide, if they "want to carry on with their business", it's like saying they're not guides.

Since it's a special armor the can of worms would have popped at first time anyone of you have shown up in public. In a way it could be seen as gnome/ghoul, but the fact it has helmet would have blewn the cover.

The people who didn't want this public could have decided to stand back from the reward, and gotten a armor like Boar in their storage (boar armors are common enough so the one who got it could have said they bought it from auction or something if someone asked).

We didnt know what we could expect. And if you got a present you turn it down instant ?

We didnt know what we could expect. And if you got a present you turn it down instant ?

Ah, that's an interesting question, and one of the missions have that ;)

An interesting thing is that if you get a prize that you don't think you deserve, instead of making it a secret, another way is to say "I know I haven't done well in the past" (or "my computer has been on service"), "but I will work harder in the future", and then immediately show it.

Ah, that's an interesting question, and one of the missions have that ;)

An interesting thing is that if you get a prize that you don't think you deserve, instead of making it a secret, another way is to say "I know I haven't done well in the past" (or "my computer has been on service"), "but I will work harder in the future", and then immediately show it.

Actually i think i could done better with guiding. Last couple of months was a bit of a let down by me. I blame also the missions, holiday, reallife etc.

But let me be fair. All guides deserve the present. I know for a fact that the strain on reallife is also big and for my it was difficult also to wanting to guide but couldnt guide and feel guilty.

All guides deserve the present.

Then there should be no reason at all for this secrecy.

Keeping it a secret only causes trouble in cases like this:

If only the guides got the armour, then sorry, but I sware, I saw some warrent members in the new green armour, again..if i'm wrong, then I sorry for the post.
Seoul

Questions like
"Has the armor set been traded, or has there been another ceremony for people in the society that was first to reach #1?" might arise. Or even (high level conspiracy by people who doesn't know) "Are the guides Warant members?".

(Likely, without seeing the person in green armor, it could have been Ghoul.)

Last edited:

What secrecy? It was officially announced, and the list of who got the reward is openly published.

Consider perhaps that simply because you don't know something doesn't mean it isn't known at all.

Keeping it a secret only causes trouble in cases like this:

Questions like
"Has the armor set been traded, or has there been another ceremony for people in the society that was first to reach #1?" might arise. Or even (high level conspiracy by people who doesn't know) "Are the guides Warant members?".

(Likely, without seeing the person in green armor, it could have been Ghoul.)

I'm the love baby of Emma and Simon and I'm in warrant yes

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

What secrecy? It was officially announced, and the list of who got the reward is openly published.

Consider perhaps that simply because you don't know something doesn't mean it isn't known at all.

Also ..there are achievements thread about who got it and like to posted about it

Where?

The information on PlanetCalypso website says this:

FPC will release a new set of armor this week - the Community Recognition Award Armor. It will be awarded to members of the Calypso community that have worked with FPC and contributed to the development and maintenance of Planet Calypso.

It doesn't even mention the word "Guides".

I think what aia is saying is that instead of this:

FPC: We're giving out Community Recognition Armor! :yay:

Community: What? To who? Why? :confused:

Guides: To us, for the guide program! Here's a list of us.

Community: Oh...uh...well done, you deserve it...gratz :scratch2:

it should have been like this:

FPC: We're giving out Community Recognition Armor! The first batch is given out to the guides for their hard work in the Extended Guide Program :yay: Here's who got the sets: <list of guides>

Community: Nice, Community Recognition. I might have a shot at that. Gratz guides.

I just want to thank all of you that stand around and help us newbies that show up. I've played many other online games and nowhere have I found a community quite like this one where the veterans stand around at the arrival zones and help the new players get started.

Thanks again!

-Seth Aumar

Patience, coolness, disinterestedness and good heart = all guides are very nice people and i am proud to have them as friends and to be their friend.

Secrecy ?
I posted this pic of the (incomplete, no Jack) guide group taken just after we got our rewards:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Nice Job, Alice :yay: And VERY well deserved too!!

:wtg:

Patience, coolness, disinterestedness and good heart = all guides are very nice people and i am proud to have them as friends and to be their friend.

Secrecy ?
I posted this pic of the (incomplete, no Jack) guide group taken just after we got our rewards:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Darn i look stupid , i have my eyes closed .. darn you:lolup:

I'd like to take the opertunity to say Thank you to Alice and all the other guides, but also to ppl out there to take care of newbies in small (and big) things.

I can only look upon myself to know that I do way to little for new arrivals, Although I have taken care of several friends and guided them when they started Entropia, but also visited places where newbies arrive to chat a bit and give some good advices.

To complain about ppl getting rewards for their efforts dosent feel very good at all, just take a good look at yourself if u could do better?

Or how mutch you did at all?

I would not even try to explain Alice, ppl will always complain anyway.... keep up the good work !:wtg:

This reward is 1000% deserved.
Not a shred of logic to justify whinig about thsi; Alice and the extended guides do more to keep this game alive than any 10 of the people who complain.

Please accept my thanks, and keep up the great and honorable work!!

Back