Crafting improvement

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
What do you think if the recipe of all the BP's in EU will be modified to contain some kind of animal oil or robot part. This means the number of units used/click for some materials would be reduced and animal oils or robot parts will be added to compensate.

Let's say a BP to make item X requires 5 items totaling 5 ped/click. 20% of this cost should be transformed into a new item, either animal oil or a robot part.
Instead of 4 units of a mineral Y, only 3 units will be needed and the remaining 1 ped will be added as one type of animal oil and one type of robot parts.

All the common oils and robot parts will have a much higher usage now -> higher demand -> more average markup on loot for the common hunter.

What do you think if the recipe of all the BP's in EU will be modified to contain some kind of animal oil or robot part. This means the number of units used/click for some materials would be reduced and animal oils or robot parts will be added to compensate.

Let's say a BP to make item X requires 5 items totaling 5 ped/click. 20% of this cost should be transformed into a new item, either animal oil or a robot part.
Instead of 4 units of a mineral Y, only 3 units will be needed and the remaining 1 ped will be added as one type of animal oil and one type of robot parts.

All the common oils and robot parts will have a much higher usage now -> higher demand -> more average markup on loot for the common hunter.

I support more use of hunting loot, not just oils but other type of loot also, plus Nova/Blazar fragments.
Hunting loot is mostly at tt price, MA need to address it and better be it soon.

I think the title is wrong ;) it should be - "Hunting loot improvement" ;).

And as good it seems it may not be so easy to do and will result in much loss in other markup ingredients while not much markup gain in hunting loot.

For example - if something is using Kanerium as part of crafting and lets say 1/4 on average of its use would be removed in favor of i.e. adrenal oil. The loss in markup on kanerium would be significant while gain in adrenal minimal or not at all. There is so much adrenal oil looted that i bet more than half of hunters actally sell it to TT anyway. So if more would be used and price would try to raise even little bit - th hunters who curently TT it would also try to sell it and bring down price again. Of course prices on some oils would raise but not more than 1%-3% while loss on mostly markup mining resources woudl go down more than 5%.

I do not think its worth doing this.

Hunting is basicly "fun" profession and not "profit" profession. There are few mobs that actually have like 110%-115% average markup but those are harder to find than any ruga spot ;).

Sidenote here:
notce how belkar went down from 114% to 105% and gazz went down from 130% to 117% because those resources are droping from mobs that appeared in last 2-3 months. I hoped MA will make those mobs only temp but it seems they stay ingame.
Making 20% more usefull hunting loot seems similar situation and would not help much or at all.

---------

Imho MA designed the whole loot system badly from start:
  • we have so many useless items
  • we have so many items that use is very small that is not worth stacking
  • they create a lot of different weapons but only few are used 90% of times - making other useless - so not worth crafting/looting. This leads to need for only few resources.
And instead of actually try to fix the system MA is introducing more and more items. Which helps only at the introduction of the item (either new ingredient looted or new bp of item drop) because at start those have high markup but it drops very fast.

I know it is hard to actually design system like this in very balanced way but i am sure it is doable (it seems to be similar like balancing strategy game so no units have significant advantage).

---------

Also another thing:

i am not a real crafter - i just craft components that give me 98-102% returns after markup from time to time. I craft other things sometimes from time to time too to try them out.
But i noticed that i tend not to craft somethimg if it needs more than 4 different types of resources. Reason is that with ~2k free peds if i want to do even small run i need to split the free peds to few ingrediens types. If there are many ingredients and i will buy tem from auction - there will be many that i will have to buy more than i need for the run. This will result with only like 1k-1.5k peds actual run and rest peds frozen in ingredients that i might not need anymore but with small stacks so not worth auctioning again.

Of course if crafter has +100k peds it is not a problem for him ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

If all bps used animal oils, then the markup on the stuff being made will increase.

As animal oil residue as 1.01% markup

Not sure this is a good idea

Rgds

Ace

If BP's will use both ores/enmatter/animal oil/robot parts -> the crafter can choose any type of residue to get the item at full tt. This will result in a more even price among the residue.

As for BP's that use for example 1 unit of kanerium, this doesn't have to be replaced with some other common item.

My idea is to create as many connections as possible trough crafting. The crafting profession is what binds hunting, mining and even component crafting.

In the current state of the game, there are
- some component BP's that ppl craft to gain skills -> a reason to buy animal oils
- enhancer components -> used to make enhancers and a big supply of energy and metal residue
- some components that are heavily crafted, eg. mining amplifiers or some BP's that craft weapons. Most of these rely on enmatter/ores or some higher level components.
- a bunch of useless BP's. Even if the resources looted by players can be found in some way or another in the receipt of these BP's, the product resulted is not used.

Every BP should use the basic stuff that the everyday hunter and miner can find.
The higher the BP the more rare items are needed. These rare items can be either from hunting, mining or higher level of components which need to be crafted.

i would go another way...

i think they made it wrong from the beginning...in my oppinion, all usable tools weapons armors etc should be crafted with materials found while mining/hunting (ok,we have crafted components too)...
no equippable items should be found hunting (perhaps with some exceptions like mission rewards which give you items ("bring me this super rare item and i give you this super rare unl weapon/fap/armor"..like with the mutated aurli parts))...

this would make more sense (animals looting weapons? armors?) and stimulate the economy...

more items crafters produce would be actually sellable (because they have to supply the whole player base) and the hunters would have more stackables which are actually needed by the crafters because much more things would be crafted ...

but i think it is way too late to change the system in such a drastic way:(

Last edited:
I partly agree to the idea - do it with the stuff that has barely any usage and demand (robot parts? loads of enhancer components (most are ttable), extractors can be painful too). I don't ask necessarily to increase markups. But there are quite a few things that I end up tting, not because my budget is too low, but simply there is almost no demand for it. If the weekly sales on auction is 100 ped (which consist of many low tt batches, some sold at 100.00%)... I don't mind looting animal oils that has value of 100.5%, because my budget allows me to gather up a decent amount, but I hate looting stuff that I'm forced to TT, because it will take ages to find someone who actually would buy it.

Back