Credit Card Deposits Disruption

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
20 Nov 2008

DIBS is currently performing system upgrades for service enhancements. This work is scheduled to take approximately one week starting from today.

During this time disruptions to credit card payments may be experienced. We thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted Here

Thanks Bertha, Good to know :)

Hi,

Is this problem still occuring ?

Unable to make deposits via CC with internal error being displayed.

And yes, I am under my monthly deposit limit this time :D

Disruptions meaning it is up from time to time,
Or completely down the entire time ?

~ Sparkz

Just made a despoit after a 30 min wait.
Seems to be up and down :)

I tried to make a deposit in-world, but it failed two times. Then I went through the EntropiaUniverse.com website and it worked.

EDIT: upon further inspection of my transactions I discovered that I was most likely over charged:

This is what I said in my support case (4:30 pm PST November 24, 2008):
I believe that there has been an error made in my deposits.

This is what I show in my deposit section (two rejected payments in a row and then one Commited payment:

xxxxxxx 12 Nov 2008 12 Nov 2008 96.50 PED 10.00 USD R/Rejected Dibs

xxxxxxx 12 Nov 2008 12 Nov 2008 96.50 PED 10.00 USD R/Rejected Dibs

xxxxxxx 12 Nov 2008 12 Nov 2008 96.50 PED 10.00 USD C/Commited Dibs

I checked these transactions against my xxxxxx credit card statement and see a total of two charges made on that date, it appears that one of the Rejected transactions listed above was actually charged to my credit card. I believe this was in error, is there any way I can get this resolved?:

11/12/2008 11/13/2008 Sale xxxxxxx MINDARK PE AB(Other) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$10.00

11/12/2008 11/13/2008 Sale xxxxxxx MINDARK PE AB(Other) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
$10.00

What other information would you need from me to verify these transactions? I believe that I was charged twice on my xxxxx credit card, but was only credited once on my PED card.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: According to my support case, the extra $10 that was overcharged will be credited back to my VISA within a few days :)

Last edited:
20 Nov 2008

DIBS is currently performing system upgrades for service enhancements. This work is scheduled to take approximately one week starting from today.

During this time disruptions to credit card payments may be experienced. We thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted Here

Hi,

Is this problem still occuring ?

Sparkz... What part of the OP didn't you understand? :D

Cheers, Nobleone

:beerchug:

Damn, I forgot about that. Just attempted to depo and failed, but the sum is gone from the card :(. Ok, let's call it an inattention tax.

Damn, I forgot about that. Just attempted to depo and failed, but the sum is gone from the card :(. Ok, let's call it an inattention tax.
I think you should file a support case to see if they will fix it. I had the same problem and have a pending case now. We'll just have to see what happens.

I think you should file a support case to see if they will fix it. I had the same problem and have a pending case now. We'll just have to see what happens.

I did, but actually it's not MA's fault, since it's DIBS's problem. Wherever our money are now, I think MA don't even know about them because of the disruption.

So my post was the bump and warning to others, not the whine :).

so this is way i recived an error?

i have bean trying for 2 days to deposit useing the eu web site with no luck , is there any sign that this is going to be fixed soon.

When you use a card to buy something, be it online or in a shop, the system first checks that you have enough money to cover the purchase.
If you do, the bank says OK and you get your stuff and go on your way.

What happens now behind the scenes is that the money gets
reserved on your bank account.
This is done to ensure that there is enough money left to cover your purchase when it's time for the real transaction.
The money is still on your account, you just can't see them as they are reserved.

Next the company you bought the item or service from charges the bank for the money and they get transfered off your bank account.

Now, if you have a failed transaction the money may very well be reserved and unavailable to you, but as it's a faild transaction the bank will never receive a charge from MA or whatever and the money will be released back to the account and made available again.

This usually takes 3-4 bank days.
So, the funds are most likly just reserved and not "gone", so to speak.
This is a worldwide standard by banks regarding Visa & Mastercard.
Other cards might have different rules.

Last edited:
Thats great, my money is lost in cyberspace. :mad:

Guess I'll have to tt some storage crap instead...

hmmmm sometimes it takes the payment twice and gives you your peds once when DIBS is having problems...

seems theres alot of problems / downtime with DIBS recently.... can't be good for MA, losing all these deposits...... hmmm

on top of usurpers post....

If the amount a company requests pre-authorisation for is different the end amount they actually take (i.e. if exchange rates change)

Then the pre-authorisation is not removed when the payment is taken and UK banking, its takes up to 10 working days to drop off and release funds to you...

The alternative is to call the bank, get the pre-authorisation code and a fax number, then get the company who pre-authorised to fax through a request to your bank using the pre-auth code, saying they no longer require the money.... then it drops off quicker... although , I fear it would take MA longer than 10 days to get a fax sent off ;) much more important stuff to do

Dibs still must be having troubles.. I tried to deposit 5 times today and kept on getting errors.. I hope i don't get billed 5 times like some of these other people have!!!

Update!!!!

Yup 3 times my card was charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF And no Peds

The companys MA use for there financial things is makeing me lose my faith even more..

Last edited:
Dibs still must be having troubles.. I tried to deposit 5 times today and kept on getting errors.. I hope i don't get billed 5 times like some of these other people have!!!

Update!!!!

Yup 3 times my card was charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF And no Peds

The companys MA use for there financial things is makeing me lose my faith even more..

MA has kindly informed us about possible disruptions and stuff during the
upgrade that DIBS are currently doing.
Wouldn't the intelligent thing to do then be to NOT deposit?
They told us there would be problems for a while and you
are still acting as it a total surprice??

Oh come on..:scratch2:

Yippie :yay:

Seven days are gone. The system should work flawless again :)

MA has kindly informed us about possible disruptions and stuff during the
upgrade that DIBS are currently doing.
Wouldn't the intelligent thing to do then be to NOT deposit?
They told us there would be problems for a while and you
are still acting as it a total surprice??

Oh come on..:scratch2:

Yeah Usurper i have a question for you? everytime you play this game do you go and log onto the the entropiauniverse.com site and search for trouble with the game before you play. I am talking everytime? I very highly doubt it.. Yes these things that EF does to get the news out there is great also but again everytime i play i don't come to the EF to find out if there is trouble.. Also not all these updates are put into the client loader. That is the main place i look quickly before logging in..

Also it isnt the first time i have tried to deposit more then once in a row sometime deposits don't work ingame so have to log off and do it from the site.. That is another thing or place it should be posted. when you go to deposit maybe they should put it on that page also.. Just ideas

Yeah Usurper i have a question for you? everytime you play this game do you go and log onto the the entropiauniverse.com site and search for trouble with the game before you play. I am talking everytime? I very highly doubt it.. Yes these things that EF does to get the news out there is great also but again everytime i play i don't come to the EF to find out if there is trouble.. Also not all these updates are put into the client loader. That is the main place i look quickly before logging in..

Also it isnt the first time i have tried to deposit more then once in a row sometime deposits don't work ingame so have to log off and do it from the site.. That is another thing or place it should be posted. when you go to deposit maybe they should put it on that page also.. Just ideas

This really shows how bad MA are at Communication. Ofcourse problems like this should be listed at the ClientLoader.

I totally agree. They say there are disruptions in the deposit process, not that DIBS is taking money and not transferring it to MA. A couple months ago I had an in-world transfer fail and I immediately tried again. I am sure I was double charged, but didn't think to check. In-world you get an error that says "deposit failed", or something. It isn't very descriptive.

Does anyone still experience the problem?
MA finally refunded my payments today, but I'm afraid to make new attempts :silly2:

No clue still waiting for my repayment.. but I have to admit once i get it refunded i will try again.. If it fails i will burn my deposit card.. llol

Good to know

gz Bertha

Is anyone still having problems

I tried twice on EU transfer center and twice on website no luck. Anybody else having this issue?

Back