News: CryEngine2 Avatar Pictures Released

I have to say that I have carefully damped my enthusiasm for the CE2/V.U. 10 release -- but the graphics are going to be 3D/VR Epic! I'm most impressed by the Cry Environment especially. The "Approach Ithaca at Night" shot is amazingly realistic. It almost causes one to imagine that there really is a Calypso somewhere out there in the cosmos battling evil bots!

And, Pinky, all that is needed is a scanty Manganite or Redulite metallic pink chain-plate armor (UL of course) created just for you and you will have another awesome pose for your sig! The "Wordsmith Armor - Pinky Edition"! :ahh:

I have to say that I have carefully damped my enthusiasm for the CE2/V.U. 10 release -- but the graphics are going to be 3D/VR Epic! I'm most impressed by the Cry Environment especially. The "Approach Ithaca at Night" shot is amazingly realistic. It almost causes one to imagine that there really is a Calypso somewhere out there in the cosmos battling evil bots!

And, Pinky, all that is needed is a scanty Manganite or Redulite metallic pink chain-plate armor (UL of course) created just for you and you will have another awesome pose for your sig! The "Wordsmith Armor - Pinky Edition"! :ahh:

:laugh: I wont hold my breath waiting for that! I am still holding out for the Pinkynator handgun with fluffy handle grip!

pinkpistol_ab.gif

I have been afk from this game now for a while, but have MA told yet when this CE2 will come?

I wish someone could answer this, only info we know for sure is its VU 10.0

I've played Both Crysis and Farcry2... And the Engine is really beyond awsomeness. As for the screens I've seen till now. I know that Entropia will be the most beautyful MMO to come. And instandly grands my wish of playing a game like entropia with such wonderful graphics. Really cant wait till the implendation.

CryEngine

I've played Both Crysis and Farcry2... And the Engine is really beyond awsomeness. As for the screens I've seen till now. I know that Entropia will be the most beautyful MMO to come. And instandly grands my wish of playing a game like entropia with such wonderful graphics. Really cant wait till the implendation.

I'm not a gambler :ahh:, but I do love playing poker now and then...
When I first saw CryEngine avatars, they were on the UK free poker site, PKR!
It was so nice to see eyes that blink and smiles that show a little teeth! Guys were whistling, winking and flirting with gals across the table. The emotions and facial expressions were so real!
Everyone's hair (unless they were going for the gel and hairspray look) was bouncing like they had all used the best salon products that give hair that shine and body we all wish we woke up with each morning.
If we can expect the same in Entropia, I will be SO THRILLED! :yay:

Haha...
Sånt suger alltid :yay:

In a way the upcoming update reminds me of a "Duke Nukem Forever". I mean it's been so called developed for that many years and just recently the company went belly up. Hope that MA is stronger that that and that we'll see C.E. II some day.

Last edited:
title_464968.gif

Today, 17th April 2009, MindArk published some new pictures from the forthcoming CryEngine update to Entropia Universe. This time the pictures were of avatars in various clothing, armor and at different times of day.

1_992711.jpg

Last week MindArk released pictures of some familiar places on Calypso.

2_178610.jpg

One thing is for sure, with these excellent new "taster" pictures, the buzz surrounding the impending graphics and physics update is sure to increase even more!

Cryengine Familiar Places discussion HERE

how do i get my avatar picture the icon and the big one!!!

we have this 4 a long time now, but nothing of cry ... :mad:

Pretty avatars. ^_^

BTW has anybody heard the specs needed to handle VU 10 and cryengine 2? I'm guessing it will be quite high the way the graphics have looked.

It's coming soon - I can feel it in my bones!

we have this 4 a long time now, but nothing of cry ... :mad:

All you need to do, is go to YouTube, and do the search on the video tab, "Planet Calypso Teaser Trailer".
Your worrisome heart will be put at ease. We are getting it this summer! ;)

:wtg:

the following link will take you to one of many clips that blew my mind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwcKQ6CVcQ&NR=1

noooooo! lol

Nope..
It will be a nice Xmasgift...:yay:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :laugh:

(God, I hope you're wrong! I have nightmares of that being the case!)

Apologies if this is a bit of necro..

Looking at the avatar pictures i'm guessing were going to have to redesign our avatars when this is released? anyone able to confirm or deny this?

Confirmed. Marco said this not long ago in one of his last post for the future of Calypso.

Nope 2012...

But then again...It´ll be to late since the
Myans have ruined everything..:wtg:

Back