Daikiba Challenge Hunting Log - Powerfist

Here's one then:

Going from 50 PF to 60 PF is fundamentally different to going from 150 to 160.

The value of the skill is determined by it's TT value if you were to chip it out (and then of course there's the MARKET value too).

It's interesting to watch how your PF skill goes up, but in terms of valuing it, we need to know the TT value of the skill gain.

You can read all about how to work that out here.

You might even decide to simply use the calculator to upload your skills before and after each run and have entropedia do the rest of the maths for you. Then it'll take into account gains in your other skills too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've actually decided to put the skill value of each run on my chart, without markup. It doesn't look like much but it's a couple ped with markup each run. I've now also added the skill value with markup to the bottom of my original post to show my return on investment in my skill. You'll notice right now I'm down just under 45 ped on 15 runs. But my skill value with current markup which I averaged at 1600%, weekly was over 1700% but I went for the more consistant number, is over 41 ped. So really, if you include markup of my items and markup of skill, I'm pretty close to even, that is after 1500 kills. Only what, 15000 more to go!

:lolup:

Not factored into return on investment is my skill gain.
Total Skill gain thus far just in Powerfist: 882
Chip Value of Skill gain: 2.67 PED
Chip Value including current markup of Powerfist: 42.72

Great work. Good to see someone into helping out others and doing a little research. Well documented too, but one minor flaw. You forgot the cost of decay on Payne Inserter or the cost of the ESI to extract the skill if you wanted to sell them. Can you figure that into your running total too? That would make the results more accurate.

Good stuff adeehr, ... If one does attack you, you're probably better off getting rid of it ASAP (and staying away in general).

I agree. Always take out the more powerful ones first. They give you the most decay on armor.

Ah ok fair enough. Good idea.

Would be interesting to see the same experiment repeated with a big enough bankroll to TT nothing (ie save up large enough amounts of everything to try and get market value for it).

I am almost at level 30 on my pistol. After that I may go ahead and do this one too. I like Powerfist and currently have 0 skill in it. This may be a good chance to back up some data.

Great work. Good to see someone into helping out others and doing a little research. Well documented too, but one minor flaw. You forgot the cost of decay on Payne Inserter or the cost of the ESI to extract the skill if you wanted to sell them. Can you figure that into your running total too? That would make the results more accurate.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. For the time being I'm going to hold off on the cost of the ESI as I truly can't factor in knowing if I buy one or if I loot one. But I'll look at the decay of the inserter and try to factor that in.

Keep the suggestions coming.

17 Runs in and I got my second profitable run! :yay:

Helps keeps things in balance a bit.

I've played around a little more with the chipping calc on entropedia and now wish I would have checked all my skills prior to starting this mission. All the 'other' skills I'm gaining are valuable as well. I'm going to keep this focused just on the powerfist skill gain and the powerfist decay as I'm this far along and only need to kill 14,900 more!! :rolleyes:

That's 149 more runs, and each run takes approx 1/2 hour to do. That's only 74 and a half more hours! Anyone care to join me? :eyecrazy:

Well, you could take your newfound knowledge and apply it to what's left of the Daikiba Challenge. Of the 16,600 you need to kill, if you've killed 1,700... well, 14,900 to go would still be a good experiment in its own right... maybe start again?

Regarding the ESI, it's probably just as helpful to simply do the ESI calculation once at the end when you've finished the whole thing.

Tim you could be right. I do enjoy keeping this detailed of information, but it is quiet a lengthy process. For now I'll keep it going. You're also right about the ESI value. I look at the skill gain I'm getting now, the total number inches slower, but the value keeps on trucking. I'll keep adding it on a per run basis, just for tracking purposes.

On a side note I've started to track my hit percent, just on my own in my head, and with the help of Entropia Tracker. On my two profitable runs, 17 and 18, I was hitting around 92% of the time. This last run, 19, I only hit at just over 89%. I'd think with my better skill, not just in Powerfist, but in all melee powerfist skills, that the percent would remain and/or get better. I also realize that it's a small sample size, just 100 Daikiba, but still, it's odd. I haven't run the numbers yet to see the actual PEC value of the percent hit difference, but it's probably about 20 more swings because of the percent being lower.

I'm starting to even out my loot here recently. After some quiet bad runs I've gotten profit on a few runs in the last 5. That's helped level me out and keep me above 80% return. Plus on run 22 the skill took a huge jump. Time of day seems to be a factor again, but I haven't been keeping track of it enough to make any solid statements.

That's encouraging to read.

Perhaps as skills increase, returns tend toward 100%?

Would love, at the end, to see a graph of each event [% return for a run of 100] over time, and look for a trend.

It seems you will have problems finding daikibas near swamp camp nowadays.

Yea this new update is really going to hamper this log. Until I find a good spawn of youngs, I may have to put this on hold. Which is too bad because I was still really into it, which helps with it being such a long time needed to complete.

I made a run today to the East of Cape Corinth. It took a long time to pile up 100 Daikiba, so I'm not sure that the area is the answer to my 'where to hunt now' question. Normally at old swamp it took about a half an hour or less to do my run, but now it took over an hour, and to me that's such a waste of my time. I'll continue to look for an area that will get me a dense population of young I can punch through quickly, but it's looking bleak at this point. :rolleyes:

you said you started with 50 powerfist skill but what was your profession level?
or, how close were you to maxing the powerfist?

I didn't write down what my prof levels were but i was no higher then 2 in either one, so I was low all around.

After a month off I've started this back up. Hoping someone gets a low maturity LA going on Daikiba's.

On a island at east of PA is a nice spawn of daikibas young-old (if i login i edit coords later)

Thanks K, i've been out there, just too many higher level Daikiba for my logs. I've only been hunting youngs and my entire research is done off of killing young maturity Daikiba.

I'm not liking the time it now takes me to kill 100 youngs while running around. I may hold out now until hopefully someone gets a LA going with low level Daikiba. I know there is a demand for it, and I've see some users in the buying section of this forum asking for parts or DNA so hopefully that leads to a high density, low maturity Daikiba spawn. It'll be newb central, but it will turn over mobs uber fast.

gl in your project but i think yu should really add the market on your item cause with daiki loot you will have a nice return added to your loot

muscle and Tier I compo are close too 110% if i remenber well ;)

Any ways gl :)

gl in your project but i think yu should really add the market on your item cause with daiki loot you will have a nice return added to your loot

muscle and Tier I compo are close too 110% if i remenber well ;)

Any ways gl :)

I wish I had done that from the begininning, alas I didn't so I can't keep track of it. I may add 3% across the board to all items to give it a 'markup' of what it could have been. Chances are I'll be short changing myself, but I'm not sure.

At this point with both Powerfists at 0.9 I upgraded each. PF number 1 cost 2.71ped to upgrade, the second cost 2.66ped. The price variance is caused by the amount of resources I received back after the upgrade. Both worked on the first attempt and I was very pleased with the cost of less then 3 ped per upgrade. Also at this point I'm going to add accuracy enhancers to the PF and of which I bought from a SOC mate at cost. I will include the cost of the enhancers when they break, not when I use them. I've worked my total loss to include the cost of the tier upgrades. I am not sure when I get to the 1.9 point if I will upgrade both again or at that point only go with the 2nd PF Enknuckles A I've been using, which has better tier numbers then the first. Every level is over 100 on the 2nd PF.

Hoping that OLA 65 turns the Daikiba numbers up and the lowest maturity to help me get back on my feet with this log. You can help me vote that option up by clicking: Here to vote.

Thanks all for the support!

Back