Daina's Diary.

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
*EDIT* I cannot figure out how to reply again to post more! Something changed and took away the button....Some help would be nice....

Well...I am pretty new to EF, saw this diary thing and decided to give it a shot.
Lets see....I started playing on June 30th, 2007, when I got my new computer. I had known about the game about 3 years before, but never had a computer that could handle it (I'm poor, most of my computers were built by my mother).
Looking back, I had a LOT of help getting started, and I still have very helpful friends. I couldn't play the same without them...

Getting started:
Hmmm I first logged on and looked around, confused as hell as to how to use the buttons and controls. I believe I saw Guides Emma and Simon, but didn't know who they were at the time....I attempted to enter chat and got very frustrated with all the windows that kept popping up. Finally I learned how to enter chat, walk, etc. I ask several people how to accumulate currency in this game, and they all say "sweat or deposit". Deposit....Deposit....I didn't quite understand what that meant for a while....

My first 5 ped:
Hmmm....Who was that guy again? His name had an X in it and was very hard to remember....Xeshiro Dedrin the bloody or something? Well anyways...He traded me and gave me my first 5 ped and said "don't spend it all at once". Well, I went to the TT and bought an opallo and about 100 weapon cells for it, and headed out into the wilderness. I remember seeing a combibo and thought "what the hell is that spider thingy doing following me?"....So I called up my friend and asked him how to do certain things like sweat. He hadn't played in a few months, so his advice was a bit off, which confused me a bit more.

I learn how to sweat: Ok so I head right outside of Port Atlantis, I believe it was to the southern side. I see an Exarosaur (which I thought looked shockingly like a retarded llama) and after pushing many buttons, I managed to charge up my hands to sweat. I didn't realize that there were two phases to sweating, so I repeatedly pushed the sweating button over and over until the green beam finally hit the target. Ok so after maybe 30 failed attempts, I get a few bottles of sweat. I call up my friend and tell him of my achievement, and I am very dissapointed when he tells me I must get several hundred bottles of sweat in order to make any money off of it! I somehow get the feeling I am doing something wrong because I am failing so much. Oh well...

I explore the land:
Ok, so I call up my friend and decide that since everybody says to sweat, and I ask him where is a good place to sweat. He says "open up your map. Now you see the white beach at the top of the map? On the north-west side? Go there and you can make a bunch of money sweating. Oh and you should explore the map to unlock the different cities"....Ok....So I begin my trek exploring the map. I spend a good bit of time exploring, when I come across a man wearing a yellow suit and a strange hat. I ask him "how do you get clothes like that?" and he replies "clothes are expensive, you need to make some good money to get them". Now, hoping for an answer other than "sweat or deposit", I ask him "How can I accumulate this game's currency?" and he says "well, you can sweat, that is free, but the best way to make money is to deposit"....So I ask him what depositing is and he says putting money into the game. Ok, my friend sat there telling me he makes a bunch of money off of the game and how I can too. So I am dissapointed, I do not want to put money into the game! I want to take money out, and have fun doing it! Oh well. So I continue exploring....

I get a mentor:
Ok, so somewhere around the map I picked up a mentor. I had no idea who he was, or why I had to click some buttons to accept him as a mentor. I continue exploring, hoping that this new mentor will be an asset. I didn't know it then, but without that mentor, I probably would have quit EU on my first week or so.

I begin making money:
Ok, so I sweat....And sweat....And sweat....I get really bored of it....Then I figured out how to message my friends. I see "Ebony EK1 Knight" is online. Ok, I message him. He is very helpful and patient. I don't know who he is, but he talks to me and helps me understand the game and the controls a bit better. Then he takes me exploring the map and hunting. So we head out, killing everything in sight. I had no idea at the time that this guy Ebony Ek1 Knight was sacrificing half his loot to help me get started financially. He hunts with me on queue while taking me to different TPs. After a while I realize that he is my mentor.

I realize my career:
Ok, one day I am hunting armax with Ebony, and I run out of ammo. We are far from a TP, and I don't want to ask for ammo off of the people I am with because they have helped me so much already. So I tell Ebony "I am out of ammo..." He trades me and gives me a Vivo t1 with about 2 ped left on it. He says to heal him and the girl we are hunting with (I can't remember her name), and explains that some hunters will pay you to heal them. So I heal until the hunt is over, and I realize that medical kits decay! So I take it to a repair terminal and repair it with the few ped I have. I call up my friend and he logs on and says he'll repair my Vivo fully for me. So he repairs it and we do a bit of hunting.
Later on I am with Ebony and I realize that healing is better for me than shooting. I become a fapper for hire.

My first hogglo trip:
Ok, every fapper has fapped for a hogglo hunt every now and then. Well I messaged somebody that had added me in the past and I asked him if he wanted a healer. He said "yeah come to Treasure Island Castle"....Ok....I was confused....After about 10 minutes of talking and confirming, I figured out how to switch continents. I went to Treasure Island and sat there healing these people with my Vivo T1 (and I had to run east, I had no TP chip). I remember there was Caded, who was my friend who brought me, Caramell, who got hit alot and I usually healed him, and 18db, who looked like a storm trooper in his white armor. Ok, lets just say the hogglo trip ended, I felt I had done nothing because I never even saw their hitpoints bar budge when I would heal them. The loot was not on queue (which was how I had been getting payed for decays and sometimes made a profit), so I was slightly scared that I may have healed all for nothing. Then Caded comes and trades me, and gives me 20 ped (which was more than I had ever seen before)! That was enough to fully repair the Vivo and then some! I decided that being a fapper for hire was my kind of thing.

Ok I'll post some more tomorrow....

Last edited:
Ok one two skip a few....
So I continue with my career of healing. Purchased an EMT Ek-2350, and after about a month of healing with it, I also purchased a FAP 80. I end up healing more and more hogglo hunts. I decently get to know the people I am healing, the Honest Entropians. Hmm....Friendly people....

I find a new society:
Ok, so I am in The Grim Reapers society and I get frustrated with two of the members. I am talking REALLY frustrated....So I wander about as freelancer for a while, then ask 18db (who looks like a storm trooper) about his society. He says he'll give me a 1 month trial to see how I like it. Ok, I join the society and I'm loving it :)
I consider myself to be a member of another society however, the Southern Cross Training Centre, started by my mentor (well, I graduated already with First Aid). I remember he started the society to help new players, and it expanded.

I meet new and helpful friends:
Ok, so I am healing on a regular basis now, and I meet Grymn Throg Calypso. Friendly guy, cheerful attitude. I am also introduced to his sister, Giaa Sky Calypso. Both are very friendly people, and stronger than anybody I had previously seen (except for 18db, but I didn't realize it at the time). Well, the first time I met them I forgot to add them as friends....But several weeks later I saw Grymn again with Ebony, and I got to add him. Now we are good friends. I could not hunt the same without Grymn....Sometimes I hunt on Atlas (a fairly new habit of mine), and use very small guns like breer M1. But Grymn hunts with me on queue, so I can use bigger guns and get more skills without crushing my ped card. Thanks Grymn!

Hmmm....More later....

03/30/08
Wow it's been a looong time since I last posted....I started hair styling and have been eco hunting on a regular basis now. I stopped hunting on queue with Grymn because I no longer need to. I now give free haircuts to his society on a regular basis as a thank you for helping me get started financially :)
I hit 50 agility the other day....New goal is 60 agility, 50 strength, 50 intelligence, 130+ health, and level 15+ evader profession (hoping for 20). Been grinding every now and then, which is great for skills....More later I suppose...

Last edited:
Back