Dampers or Filters / Bombing or Probing ?

Chesty Jugs

Prowler
Society
Necromancers
Helena Chesty Jugs
I did a search for this but could not narrow it down to anything.
Hopefully this thread will help the newer players with reference too.

Most people will say Dampers are better for skilling, like Darky's thread shows
is there reasoning behind this? just because you use and extra oil?
And is it better to skill a 100 QR BluePrint constantly or Skill a fresh one up? which gives more skill gain?

I don't mine very often and wondered is bombing or probing better for your "overall mining skills" I drop more probes than bombs but my orefinder still outskills my matter finder. Is this because for 1 ped you can probe twice and only bomb once? So one seems more expensive, but more skill, is this how it works?

If anyone has some input on these matters please post here to help me and anyone else wondering the same to figure out what the best way to go about these professions is.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Should this be in the "Crafting section? Sorry if so. Please move.

Skilling

I have a 100 QR basic filters bp, and find that i am getting more skills not to mention raising another bp up from a new basic filters bp. I have also made tons of basic sockets and have found i get more skills from that higher level bp(more material) than the filters one. Hope this is some help to you.

Forgot to mention a global from the sockets.

I did a search for this but could not narrow it down to anything.
Hopefully this thread will help the newer players with reference too.

Most people will say Dampers are better for skilling, like Darky's thread shows
is there reasoning behind this? just because you use and extra oil?
And is it better to skill a 100 QR BluePrint constantly or Skill a fresh one up? which gives more skill gain?

if you have low skills then get a bp and skill it upto 100%, at this point keep using the 100% Bp.

if you have high enough skills so that when you have a brand new fresh bp you have maximun COS then skill on them and sell the BP at the end, this adds extra income from your crafting.

i have found that using a new fresh bp does not increase the number of skills you gain.

Darky.

Back