Dealing with black screen in screenshots

you gotta hunt in windowed mode if you have a big enough monitor and it doesnt bother you

Thx for the tip m8 but that i know now, my windowed mode is just a litle square so its not a option for me ewen tho i have a 24 inch monitor. I cant maximice the window mode for some reasson.
But since we had win 10 since the last summer now i thought someone come up with a solution on this by now...
In worst case i gess i have to go back to use win 7 instead,there it did work fine for me atleast.
Cheers

I always playing EU in window mode and never had issues with screens or video captures.
In a 23' or bigger monitor you don't need to play full screen, quality and frame rate drops dramatic anyway.
Also ET screenshot always captures the swirlies in the beggining but never your name on ticker ;)
Instead pushing PrnSrn 1-2 sec later you always have both ticker and msg with your name - global/HoF.
Another thing is the "multitasking", with window mode you can do more things while you playing.

I always playing EU in window mode and never had issues with screens or video captures.
In a 23' or bigger monitor you don't need to play full screen, quality and frame rate drops dramatic anyway.
Also ET screenshot always captures the swirlies in the beggining but never your name on ticker ;)
Instead pushing PrnSrn 1-2 sec later you always have both ticker and msg with your name - global/HoF.
Another thing is the "multitasking", with window mode you can do more things while you playing.

You can set a delay in ET. And some people don't want to play in a window.

you gotta hunt in windowed mode if you have a big enough monitor and it doesnt bother you

It bothers me! I don't want to play in windowed mode I want them to fix the problem :)

It bothers me! I don't want to play in windowed mode I want them to fix the problem :)

Exactly my point here to m8 ;)

I switched back to the 32 bit client. I don't see a difference while playing, but the black screen issue is solved

If you have a crossfire setup switching to windowed could possibly disable your second graphics card, thereby decreasing your framerate... Playing full screen is what you will want...

I switched back to the 32 bit client. I don't see a difference while playing, but the black screen issue is solved

Thx for the tip m8 i try this :)

I run window 10 32 bit.

Both window and full produce black screens for me.

Last edited:
I run window 8 32 bit.

Both window and full produce black screens for me.

For win 8 there is a solution in the help center at EL as i remeber m8 ;)
But none for win 10 tho hehe

For win 8 there is a solution in the help center at EL as i remeber m8 ;)
But none for win 10 tho hehe

Sorry forgot it's Windows 10, but EU only picks it up as Windows 8 :dunce:.

Thx for the tip m8 i try this :)

Dont seem to work for me :(
I changed the option at client loader and unmarked the 64 bit but still get black screens :(

Back