Declaration of state of emergency

The chunk of excrement has hit the air condtioner :(

mercury your not at hadies c your dead at fort Troy tp

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
got in, got free, checked a couple places and saw Simon coming to each just behind me lol. The bots started all over again now just as bad it seemed. Think I'm off the comp til another day :rolleyes:

got in, got free, checked a couple places and saw Simon coming to each just behind me lol. The bots started all over again now just as bad it seemed. Think I'm off the comp til another day :rolleyes:

good thinking mee too ...i'll try tomm !

prolly never made it to hades server side. as soon as i tp'd to hades i couldn't move, couldn't use tp, there were no bots even though it was going on at the time. tried to relog and that's where it ended for me. i bet when i get on i'm back at ithaca where i tried to tp to hades from. my guess anyway :D

They moved my avatar to Atlantis and I still can't log in. Sister logged in fine on same cpu so it isn't that.

They moved my avatar to Atlantis and I still can't log in. Sister logged in fine on same cpu so it isn't that.

Hey good thinkin.. i can confirm this though. logging in fine on my wife's avatar atm. i'd imagine logging out in the middle of all the lag left avatars in an unusual state (as in programming definition of state) that the servers error handling isn't handling :) then again i'm intoxicated and just pointlessly guessing :)

How to survive the lag-fest

This is not meant to be a negative post but just a simple survival guide and contemplation about our odd behavior.

Then it finally came, the most longed for event by far; the robot invasion. We all knew it was going to be a total lag-fest but we just can’t help ourselves. We finally buy that missing part of the vigi, that we are still kicking ourselves for not buying when it cost 1/10 of today’s price and have secretly never gotten over. Since we now have a complete armour why not get a complete set of 6A’s to go with it? “What the hey, plates are cheap protection.” The markup isn’t high, when we finally find them in the 50th store we look in, and we briefly wonder how crafters can stay in business but quickly forget about that as we run over to repair and shove all your new stuff into it. No matter how many times we do it, we still manage to fool ourselves when we buy something new about the actual cost when we have to repair everything to 100%. We want to try out how the full armour look and put it on. We then realize that a full set no longer are 6 but 7 plates and run back to the freaking store. Since our budget now is totally out the window anyway we pick up a couple of seriously overpriced (L)-guns, we deserve to have a little fun after having working hard in real life.

The day finally arrives. We are pumped and more and more of the names on our friendslist turn green, even people who you thought were dead. The time when it is expected to start comes.

Nothing happens.

We stand patiently and stare into the pixels that represent empty space. Someone makes a comment about the slow hamsters in MA which breaks the ice and people starts goofing of. We realize what we like about the game; the people. How strangers find each other in this rather strange situation and try to make the best of it. The longest line of pogodancers in the history of mankind magically forms.

And then out of nowhere, only ten ours after you expected it; robots finally comes. Within ten seconds the lag is unbearable as our radar goes from green to red and white dots. But we are not the ones who gives up, the bots are finally here and we are going to kill them if that is the last thing we do. We know we should have joined a team as soon as we set foot on the site since that is the only way to make anything of a lag-fest but we didn’t since… well… we’re stupid…

We need a new tactic to hunt:

Don’t move unless you have to; with this many mobs and players a mob will come to you sooner or later. You will know when a bot is in range by taking a hit. Shoot in the direction you think your enemy is coming from, let’s face it, your not going to actually se it until it is way to late. You can’t see the reload of the gun (which you don’t have imprinted in your muscle memory as you do with your usual korss) so just keep hitting that hotkey like a crazy person.

Keep an eye out to see what you are actually shooting at or to see how much damage you took from the first hit to determine if you will need fapping. Since you healthbar is not going to keep up with your current health, you are going to have to fap blind. The sound usually doesn’t lag as much as the picture so when you hear yourself taking a few hits from what you believe to be a dangerous mob, just hit your fap-key a million times before you go back to punishing the gun-key. It is impossible to see if someone else is shooting at the same bot so just keep shoting and hope they don’t. If you have managed to kill one of them one of three things will happen:
1. The drone falls under the ground although the terrain where you are standing is completely flat.
2. “this loot has been claimed by someone else”
3. Nothing. It is a lag-fest after all.

Although you can normally take mobs of this size you are now going to die like there is no tomorrow. Healing up afterwards can be a little tricky since although you haven’t moved at all you are caught in a weird slide that makes it impossible to heal more than 5 points at the time. This is made up by some other poor soul that is healing you by mistake in the crowd. The end of your game will be when you finally end up at the wrong revival; the one that has 20 dead colonists and 100 bots surrounding it. Then log off and hope for better luck next time (and remember that once you log off you can’t log in again).

Ok, I didn’t mean to write an entire book here, I guess that’s what happens when we can’t log in…

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Declaration of state of emergency
05 Dec 2008
Anyone found knowingly or unknowingly supporting the robot hostilities or any separatist tendencies will be dealt with accordingly.

Is this statement in reference to gratuitous PKing around Nate Valley and Wolverine Hope?

I think i'll pass this weekend and try again next week ...

Just got a friend out from Zychion, seems a lot are still trapped there. :rolleyes:

Bertha said:
Crafters and miners will be needed for the manufacture of ... ammunition ...

Since when is ammo craftable ? :scratch2::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How can i join the separatists

Rofl i can imagine headlines

"The EGG saved a planet, Neverdie awarded with Unique suber uber weapon and another space base"

Rofl i can imagine headlines

"The EGG saved a planet, Neverdie awarded with Unique suber uber weapon and another space base"

*applauds* :D

I imagine Creative Kingdom, Lemmy and the rest of any future planet partners are in total awe at the stability and lightning performance of the "EU Platform" right now. I imagine NASA are kicking themselves for not choosing the "EU Platform" to build their educational planet on. MA you rock.

A cynical person might suggest it's simply a way to claw back the PED that isn't being deposited due the the global devaluation of the majority of currencies.

MA you need to sort this server mess out and sort it out fast if you want to save face.

Just got a friend out from Zychion, seems a lot are still trapped there. :rolleyes:

Yeah, a lot of people without TP chip are stuck there. :(

Hehe, after maybe 10 attempts, I could manage to jump off the bridge and run like mad to TP, click on any location, and escaped from Hell Citadel.

Not glorious behaviour, i know :ahh: but that's war, after all. :D

How can i join the separatists

I want to know too. [Bad word] the government, they are weak and without a plan.
We should join the robots in peace and hope!

With the help of the Robotfriends we can explore the other planets in the Entropian Universe. Welcome Robots to Calypso!

[EDIT] Just realized that the separarist don't like our Liberators either. They are righteous in wanting to overthrown the government, but can't be allowed to take arms against the peacefull robots. [/EDIT]

:wtg::cool::wtg:

Last edited:
I can't log in still. I guess that's MA's way of keeping me from getting PoE.

I imagine Creative Kingdom, Lemmy and the rest of any future planet partners are in total awe at the stability and lightning performance of the "EU Platform" right now. I imagine NASA are kicking themselves for not choosing the "EU Platform" to build their educational planet on. MA you rock.

A cynical person might suggest it's simply a way to claw back the PED that isn't being deposited due the the global devaluation of the majority of currencies.

MA you need to sort this server mess out and sort it out fast if you want to save face.

shouldnt it be FPC that is in charge of that right now, not MA? :scratch2:

besides, they said they will change servers and get better performance with CE2 implementation...

duh :silly2:

(I had no problems in Zychion, even though there were lots of robots :))

Back