Deed clocks don't suspend during system maintenance?

CaptSpaulding

Provider
For the first time in my playing career I did not see the system maintenance messages in the dialogue box, being busy concentrating on mining at the time. So imagine my surprise when EU went offline just as I finished dropping probes and had 18 deeds to be collected. I figured there would be no problem. When the system comes back up surely the clocks pick up at the point when the system went down.

But no.

Suddenly the oldest deed timed out. A few seconds later the next oldest disappears. Then I get attacked by two argos and I have to revive and race back to my claims that are falling like dominoes. I start claiming the newest deeds hoping to beat the clock and drill the rest but one of the later ones is an ample lyst so that burned precious time there. Eventually I managed to save a little less than half of what under normal circumstances would have been a nice profitable run.

I've been in-game since 2005 and all this time it never occurred to me the clocks keep ticking when the game itself doesn't.

Let this be a lesson to all, the lesson being that's some bullsh*t there.

That sucks. Maybe within 30 minutes of a reset, the system could prevent you from dropping new probes, like how it prevents you from doing certain other things. That could help.

Make a support case and MA will help you out with the missing claims :)

Maybe check your chat settings? I did get the system operator message thingy that the servers are going down.

Make a support case and MA will help you out with the missing claims :)

Maybe check your chat settings? I did get the system operator message thingy that the servers are going down.
Agree, support is very helpful on this, they will put all resources in your inventory from expired deeds. Might take a week or two, but they always deliver.

For the first time in my playing career I did not see the system maintenance messages in the dialogue box, being busy concentrating on mining at the time. So imagine my surprise when EU went offline just as I finished dropping probes and had 18 deeds to be collected. I figured there would be no problem. When the system comes back up surely the clocks pick up at the point when the system went down.

But no.

Suddenly the oldest deed timed out. A few seconds later the next oldest disappears. Then I get attacked by two argos and I have to revive and race back to my claims that are falling like dominoes. I start claiming the newest deeds hoping to beat the clock and drill the rest but one of the later ones is an ample lyst so that burned precious time there. Eventually I managed to save a little less than half of what under normal circumstances would have been a nice profitable run.

I've been in-game since 2005 and all this time it never occurred to me the clocks keep ticking when the game itself doesn't.

Let this be a lesson to all, the lesson being that's some bullsh*t there.
drop a support case. happend to me once. they returned all lost claims in a week

Yet another major issue with mining that's been ignored for over 10 years. I wonder how much money they have wasted handing support cases due to this over the years. The notion of expiration timers on claims is as antiquated as blast marks.

I get they don't want the map cluttered with player made objects but there are better solutions to that.

Sorry for your lost peds may they be returned to you in loot

I'm not concerned enough to file a support case. This is the first time this has happened to me in all these years. It's just another of the niggling little annoyances we miners have to put up with.

I did go back after I posted here and re-mined the same area to see if it would produce a similar volume of claims. It did but with no ample deposits this time.

I'm not concerned enough to file a support case.

Going to join some others in saying - get what you're owed.

MA do compensate for issues in game. It took months but I actually got paid for being glitch killed in space, even. If you're willing to give up the PED anyways, the speed of compensation shouldn't be that important.

Nonetheless, hold them accountable.

It's just another of the niggling little annoyances we miners have to put up with.

Honestly, it's not.

I usually get refunded very quickly, within a week, mostly for lost loot in unlootablre mobs. As long as you supply decent proof, like accurate time of event, how and why it occured and maybe even screenshots etc. GL

Back when Handesheim was destroyed by the comet , I was out mining and hit a hof with about 15 minutes till 0 hour.

I freeaaked out and started drilling and was left with what was like a minute to spare.

They warn you 30 minutes before the game goes down in game, as well as advanced noticed prior to that of a day or more.

they go beyond a reasonable doubt in their efforts to warn you to not be playing when the server shuts down and to wrap up any gameplay.

They warn you 30 minutes before the game goes down in game, as well as advanced noticed prior to that of a day or more.

they go beyond a reasonable doubt in their efforts to warn you to not be playing when the server shuts down and to wrap up any gameplay.
The problem is though they tell you only on it “Main” chat channel. A lot of people have other tabs open so will miss it. What they should do I’d have the system shutdown broadcast over every channel by default

Back when Handesheim was destroyed by the comet , I was out mining and hit a hof with about 15 minutes till 0 hour.

I freeaaked out and started drilling and was left with what was like a minute to spare.
I stopped well before the comet killed us all. That must have been a nightmare.

They warn us an hour before the shutdown. This time I was so wrapped up following a very nice pay streak that I wasn't paying attention to the chatbox.

Then don’t blame MA for your mistake, imo they shouldn’t give anyone refunds for this

Mistakes happen. It couldn't (probably?) be that hard to code a pause into the deed timers. If they haven't ever done it - they're probably not wasting a lot of time handling it manually.

Back