***Design a WoF Stage Competition: Minimum 300 PED Prize*** (Free Entry)

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi to all of you. As promised there are more incentives, more prizes and more things to do altogether for WoF 2012.

We start with this:

A competition to design the STAGE 5 Moblist.

The winner will see the six finest hunting teams Entropia Universe has ever seen (they get more skilled every year, remember?) tackle the cunning set of nasty beasties they have devised. They will also recieve a prize of no less than 300 PED at the After-WoF Prize Giving Ceremony, and 50% of the sponsorship revenue from that round. Thus the more popular your Moblist is, and the more points it generates on privately-owned Land Areas, the bigger your eventual prize (I will hopefully be enlisting the support of every Land Owner I can locate). The 300 PED minimum prize is there in case low attendance or other factors prevent much sponsorship money being raised. The Stage will also be named after the winning avatar, when the result of this competition is decided.

How do you design a Moblist?
Here's the easy way.

The scores that must be available each Match are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 25. Look at the previous WoF Sub-Forums and check the Moblists already used, as a guide to what might work.

1 to 4 (1,2,3+4) are the Support Mobs. These can be either 3 or 4 different Mobs. If using 3, then one is split for maturity, for example Kerberos Guardian and below=2, Kerberos Dominant and above=4 (you could also put the split elsewhere, such as 1 +2 points for each, 2+3, 1+4, 1+3; whatever you feel would make for an exciting round.

5 to 10 (5,6,7,8,9+10) are the Main Team Mobs. This is always 4 different mobs, with 2 split for maturity. Again, any configuration is allowed, as long as it includes viable targets. So you can have Osseoculum Old and below on 7 points and Providers and above on 9 for example.

25 is the Bonus Mob. This is the one-off score that is supposed to be relatively hard to get. Past Bonus Mobs include Snables, Pupugi and all manner of nasties. Harder mobs have also featured, like Scaboreas etc.

So, your blank Moblist should look like this:

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: xxxxxxxxx's entry

Support:

1 Point:
2 Points:
3 Points:
4 Points:

Main:

5 Points:
6 Points:
7 Points:
8 Points:
9 Points:
10 Points:

Bonus Mob (25 Points, All Maturities):

Fill in with the Mobs of your choice.

Conditions and Tips:

Pick Mobs people like to hunt, but also a few they don't generally go for; the event is to find the best Hunters in any situation with any mob, so variety is the key.

As a guide, Support Mobs should be easier, and Main Team Mobs should be tougher.
Check to see if the mobs you suggest are in game, and whether you can score on them.
By Stage 5 we have thinned out the teams and the Mobs are getting harder.

SPECIAL NOTICE: Stage 5 is also usually the round in which Travelling is Optional.

The competition entry Moblist should be Calypso-Based; all the Mobs should be found on Calypso without having to travel. However, as it is the optional travelling round, you may suggest equivalent moblists featuring Mobs from other planets. Last year only a few Mobs on the list had Options; this year we would like to feature full optional moblists, if you can think of good ones. What this should mean is that teams can hunt Stage 5 wherever they like, by choosing the appropriate options. JUDGES will be deployed to whatever planet the individual teams decide to use.

IF you wish to include the Mobs found on other planets than Calypso, first design the Calypso-based list, then write the equivalent lists for whichever planets you wish to include. Thus you might Have: 10 Points: Hispidus/Hendrix Dragon/Great White Shark/Rextelum etc. (Only an example, the options you choose should present as similar a challenge to the Calypso list as you can engineer. If a Moblist featuring Optional Mobs is chosen as the winner it will be the one where the optional mobs are the closest to their Calypso counterparts.)

The winning entry does not have to feature optional mobs on other planets, but a well-crafted list that includes more people is the aim.

EXCLUSIONS:

The Stage 5 Moblist CAN NOT feature the following Mobs, as they are earmarked for other rounds, or unsuitable for the WoF:

Araneatrox, Any Robots, Any 'Non-Global' Mob such as Turps or Gibnibs.

Anything else is fair game.

Post your entries here, ask any questions here.

Closing Date for entries: June 6th, 2012.

Winner announced: June 6th, 2012.

IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: Due to the massive nature of the event and the number of mobs that will end up being hunted, it may be impossible to fully replicate the winning moblist within the semi-final. There WILL be a winner though; the Entry deemed the best will be incorporated into the eventual Stage 5 Moblist, and the winning entry will recieve a minimum of 300 PED.

By 'best', I mean the moblist that would have worked the best, if all the mobs on it were unused in other rounds. I reserve the right to be able to call this one. Looking forward to your entries.

Prize-Giving Ceremony for SCAR award and Stage 5 competition
(and any other prizes announced by then) will be in December.

So, get thinking, get typing, and show us what you've got in mind.

Good luck!

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Do'h! No robots. So much for my robot rodeo stage idea. ;)

Support

1 Point: Leviathan - Dominant and Below
2 Points: Traeskeron
3 Points: Leviathan - Alpha and Up
4 Points: Scaboreas - Any Maturity

Main:

5 Points: Hogglo - Old and Below
6 Points: Rextelum - Any Maturity
7 Points: Osseocullum - Provider and Below
8 Points: Hogglo - Provider and Up
9 Points: Cersumon - Any Maturity
10 Points: Osseocullum - Dominant and Up

Bonus:

25 Points: Hussk

Support:

1 point: Cornundacauda
2 points: Feffoid and Atrox (either one would be enough to Sweep)
3 points: Frescoquda
4 points: Proteron

Main:

5 points: Scipulor
6 points: Rextelum (Ravager and below)
7 points: Leviathan (Guardian and below)
8 points: Rextelum (Devastator and above)
9 points: Leviathan (Dominant and above)
10 points: Osseocollum

Bonus: Any puny mob

5 mobs variety would be nice for Support teams, because that category holds a lot of different kind of players + those above support mobs global often, so everyone's input matters. I'm a bit afraid that Main team's list is too demanding and people can't afford it, but maybe that's what WoF is all about.

That bonus should be 2500 points jacker. Lmao

Support:

1 point: Traeskeron (Any)
2 points: Longu (Any)
3 points: Feffoid (Any)
4 points: Ambulimax (Any)

Main:

5 points: Scipulor (Young to Guardian)
6 points: Falxangius (Any)
7 points: Hogglo (Young to Provider)
8 points: Scipulor (Dominant to Stalker)
9 points: Hogglo (Guardian to Stalker)
10 points: Rextelum (Hunter to Slayer)

Bonus: Hiryuu (Any)

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: Ari's Antacid round.

Support:

1 Point: Gradivore (any)
2 Points: Aurli (any)
3 Points: Formicacida (any)
4 Points: Globster (any)

Main:

5 Points: Furor (adept - rogue)
6 Points: Proteron (young - old)
7 Points: Frescoquda (any)
8 Points: Kretlin (any)
9 Points: Furor (scavenger +)
10 Points: Proteron (provider +)

Bonus Mob (25 Points, All Maturities): Snable (M or F, any maturity) [if thats allowed, otherwise F

only]

I've asusmed CP counts as Calypso. A blend of challange and strategy, where do you deploy the team for maximum effect. Glob hunting in big support team was one of the best ever rounds i done in WoF and to me thats the whole point of the competition.

My Entry

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: Sakura SEXY Queen's entry

Support:

1 Point: Leviathan (Young to Provider)
2 Points: Atrox (any maturity)
3 Points: Leviathan(Guardian and above)
4 Points: Boorum (any maturity)

Main:

5 Points: Scipulor (Young to Provider)
6 Points: Rextelum (Weak to Strong)
7 Points: Proteron (any maturity)
8 Points: Scipulor(Guardian to Stalker)
9 Points: Rextelum (Ravager and above)
10 Points: Osseocellum (any maturity)

Bonus Mob (25 Points, All Maturities): Sabakuma

Just a few days left on this, so get your entries in soon. The best, most viable or closest to perfect moblist that gets posted is set to win 300 PED!

Hurrikane

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: Oleg's entry

Support:

1 Point: Itumatrox Young-Guardian
2 Points: Allophyl
3 Points: Traeskeron
4 Points: Itumatrox Dominant-Stalker

Main:

5 Points: Thorifoid
6 Points: Rextelum Weak-Ravager
7 Points: Leviathan Young-Alpha
8 Points: Razortooth
9 Points: Rextelum Devastator-Queen
10 Points: Leviathan Old Alpha-Stalker

Calypsocod

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: Jimmy's entry

Support:

1 Point: Daspletor
2 Points: Estophyl
3 Points: Scipulor
4 Points: Prancer

Main:

5 Points: Caperon Young-Prowler
6 Points: Traeskeron
7 Points: Sumima Young-Guardian
8 Points: Letomie
9 Points: Sumima Dominant-Stalker
10 Points: Caperon Stalker

Equus

WoF 2012 Stage 5 Moblist: Parlog's entry

Support:

1 Point: Cornundacauda (any mat.)
2 Points: Atrax (any)
3 Points: Traeskeron (any)
4 Points: Atrox (any)

Main:

5 Points: Rextellum (young-ravager)
6 Points: Hogglo (young-old)
7 Points: Scipulor (young to provider)
8 Points: Hogglo (prov-stalker)
9 Points: Scipulor (guardian-stalker)
10 Points: Rextellum (deva-queen)

Bonus Mob (25 Points, All Maturities): Globster

is this closed or not? where / who is the winner?

is this closed or not? where / who is the winner?

Sorry, wife about to give birth and missed the date here... will make an announcement later tonight.

Hurrikane

Ok, this turned out a little differently than I planned. The need to arrange the other moblists left too few mobs to replicate any of the entries in the competition, with several offering only two or three that remained. But, the entries were good, very good in fact. All of them presented a workable Moblist and a winner was hard to choose.

Jimmy B's entry was the one that swung me in the end; having Daspletor as a 1 point mob is a bold move that I like the look of. The big Caperons would also provide a spectacle. So Jimmy, you win a minimum of 300 PED (+extras mentioned), to be handed over at the prize-giving, well done:) With your permission I shall use your moblist next year and the Semi-Finals are now, colloquially at least, known as the Jimmy B's.

Thanks to all who took part.

Hurrikane

Woot :D Thanks Hurri.

Back