Question: Did people withdraw less when the loot was better?

Alien

Stalker
Society
The Calypso Rescue Team
This question has been bothering me for quite a while now:
Did people withdraw less when the loot was better?

My reasoning is that if people get a super HoF nowadays, they're not too keen on putting it back into the system as they know they'll get (Probably a lot) less back out than they put in, so they're more inclined to withdraw.

I feel that since the loot change (Lower 'average' with BIG peaks) that more people seem inclined to withdraw their looted PEDs so the lootpool size seems to diminish anyway

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

I can't fault your logic.

Up the loot MA, you make more in the long run :thumbup:

To be honest, if I got a big HOF, it would probably encourage me to deposit more.

To be honest, if I got a big HOF, it would probably encourage me to deposit more.

:lolup:

Me it will only help me deposit less.:laugh:

I can see the logic...

I would assume so, nowadays after a few hunts people don't have much left to withdraw :laugh:

This question has been bothering me for quite a while now:
Did people withdraw less when the loot was better?

My reasoning is that if people get a super HoF nowadays, they're not too keen on putting it back into the system as they know they'll get (Probably a lot) less back out than they put in, so they're more inclined to withdraw.

I feel that since the loot change (Lower 'average' with BIG peaks) that more people seem inclined to withdraw their looted PEDs so the lootpool size seems to diminish anyway

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

Some will withdraw and some will use it to continue upgrading thier avatar or just play EU without depositing for a while.

My one big HOF did not encourage me to withdraw, I spent some on items I would not normally buy and tried a few out of the box ideas to see if I could make some PED without risking depositing a great deal.

My withdraw from EU was part of my restructuring of my avatar. When I sold some items I decided to put that money to use outside of EU and put some to use inside EU as well.

My HOF happened during these so called Big Peak loots and my withdrawl actually occured before MA decided to revamp the loot system.

Lack of good loot period in either time has made and makes me think about selling out and using my money for more productive real life endevours. It kind of sucks to play years an years with certain goals of items you would like to acquire through actually participating in virtual world MA has built to never ever see something that can litterally floor you in your loot.

So in a nutshell if someone is going to withdraw they are going to do so no matter what type of loot system MA has in place. There are ways MA could keep people from doing that but they don't seem to get it at least from my perspective.

I dont think anything changes, it depends on the avatar, personaly I mega uber, it will all go on med skills, some people piss it away in days buying junk some people will withdraw it - we have always had the same mix of people so I loot changing or the mix of people dont change :)

if i got like 40k i would keep 10k and withdraw 30k

if i made 5k i would keep 5k

Alien is right.

In the 3.5 years that I am on Calypso now I only had one so-called über-HOF (see my achievements to the left) of nearly 3K PED.

Looking back I'd say it was a mistake I did not withdraw it.

Yay, another the sky is falling thread.

I would make my usual monthly withdrawal and use the peds to increase future monthly withdrawals :silly2:

if i got like 40k i would keep 10k and withdraw 30k

if i made 5k i would keep 5k

Alien is right.

Imho, the thing is that MA don't really care if 1 player withdraw 30k, what they do care is if the others 50k active players stop depositing because of a better average loot, but i see your point and i would probably do the same ;)

Yay, another the sky is falling thread.

This was never meant to be a 'The sky is falling' thread

I was just interested to hear other people's opinions on this, as it's something I've noticed

I was lucky to get 2 hofs 2 years ago, peds still in game and I never withdrawed one pec.
If I hit the jackpot, the peds still remain in the game.

Greetings,

bigdeal

I wouldn't see the need to withdraw money unless I need money IRL. If I loot 5k It's mostly bankroll and maybe 2k on skills, 40k I might spend 20k on gear/skills, the rest is just bankroll anyway.

So, for me personally the only thing that affects my desire to withdraw is if I need the money outside of the game, or if I decide to quit the game, not the amount of money I have in the game.

I wouldn't see the need to withdraw money unless I need money IRL. If I loot 5k It's mostly bankroll and maybe 2k on skills, 40k I might spend 20k on gear/skills, the rest is just bankroll anyway.

So, for me personally the only thing that affects my desire to withdraw is if I need the money outside of the game, or if I decide to quit the game, not the amount of money I have in the game.

i have to agree on that i have had 3 hofs but nothing major 1700 peds 2000 peds and 8000 in a team of 3

alll were just reinvested into dragger if i got mega hof i think i would invest half in skills and gear to move up the ladder a bit so to speak

I have had a few ubers, several over 10k (listed in my achievements if you want precision). One of these was pretty recent.

I have only withdrawn 10k the rest has gone back into the system some as investments which in turn made me quite a few more k. Do i regret not withdrawing the big ones? Not at all.

I only depo what I could afford to spend (not invest as there are no guarantees in our world).

If i would get a super ATH or some kimd off a big loot i would just continue upgrade my avatar as i allways do, would buy some good items and skills like i allways do have never take out some peds allways puting them back in to the game as a good customer just need some good loot to.:D

No,

but i did deposit more back then (since it was more fun = more online time).

Tussi

Been thinking about this while I played some today and wanted to add some things.

Big ATHs whether they where back in PE when they were ~2K PED to what we have today with some over 150K PED always seemed to open more doors to players of that time. So even a nice 2K HOF in PE allowed many to upgrade and become more efficient or try new ways to make PED instead of spend it. Today its a much larger scale but in essence the same things still can apply but its up to each person.

Honestly if you are planning on continuing to play EU and hit a nice HOF it kind of makes no sense to withdraw it with all the fees then later on deposit to add fees as well. Its very possible to surpass your ATH in value with deposits over time than just play with that PED already in game and save the fees from pulling it out of EU and putting if back in.

Ahhhh well to each his/her own :cool:

I think the question in the original post is flawed. I haven't had any difference in my loots in 3 years. Good days, bad days. I know the commonly held belief is that there are less loots, the big ATH's take our money away, etc etc.... but I haven't seen any of this, just individual's opinions based on whatever criteria they use; how do I know whether they just assume they have worse loot, whether they are just pissed because they put too much money into chasing a plan that failed, whether they just don't realise (and never have) what the actual figures are concerning their outlay/cash returned through loot etc. A lot of people say a lot of things that they don't mean/can't prove/believe emphatically but have no evidence or facts to back them up.

I know I'm only an individual with one opinion myself. I am not saying this to kiss MA's ass, because anyone who knows me will know that I haven't had a 4-figure loot in 3 years; hardly blessed by the game myself.

I'd like to see an impartial demonstration of loot actually getting worse. I don't believe it has. Either that, or more posts by those who agree with me:)

Hurrikane

are people withdrawing more? or is this just a perception created by one or two ? i suppose with the tendancy towards the "big win" and pople plyaing for that rather than long term, then yes they will probably withdraw a big payout. i wonder if the net amount going out have changed much, as there are probably fewer making steady monthly withdrawals.

Back