different radio stations?

Status

LeeLoo Faith

ColorManiac
Society
OldTimers
LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith
I am wondering a bit why we have 3 different entropia radio stations?

Well, i am just curios why we need different stations :silly2:
(as long as there is not so much program that they overlap)

you are all doing a great job with these radio channels and shows and have some fantastic ideas! I think its fabulous for the EU community to have this Entropia Radio!

Last edited:
As far as I know the visions/goals of the respective channels differ.
Think of it as competition, which can be a very healthy thing :)

It's great to have choices in the virtual world just like RL eh?;)

Give it a try

I guess ill give them a try.

But I quite enjoy AHR: pop/rock, 80's music :yay:

or very divisive.

You cannot have the cake and eat it at the same time.
With that I mean: if you have the same type of product from different companies, of course it would be great to combine all the positive aspects and leave out the negative aspects and have one single superduper ubercool product.
In reality most often the negative aspects are combined and of the positive aspects maybe one or two remain if you are lucky.

Only if you have competition you will strife to be better.
Joining forces is a strategy that only works in war not at work.

Different people want to offer different things for their radio stations, I think advancing each station to new heights would be much easier for those who want to head in a certain direction, and those that want to head in another.

You now have the choice of 3 stations to tune into, if you don't like whats on one of them switch to the next lol :) like in RL :)

I say this impartially as I am not a member of any of the stations staffs.

AHR + MSR + JamhotRadio = More Fun filled entertainment for all!

Last edited:
You cannot have the cake and eat it at the same time.

there is no point having the cake without eating it.

stupid cliches aside, im just pointing out competition is not a panecea. this is not business or sport, its supposed to be community and there's little place for "competition". I have already heard of friction due to the different radios and people being told they are not welcome by x because they associate with y.

there is no point having the cake without eating it.

stupid cliches aside, im just pointing out competition is not a panecea. this is not business or sport, its supposed to be community and there's little place for "competition". I have already heard of friction due to the different radios and people being told they are not welcome by x because they associate with y.

Wow, this is an accusation indeed, I work closely with all 3 stations and haven't seen or heard of anything like this ?

Is this just speculation or are you talking about an actual experience you have had yourself ?

it can only be a goodthing. mostly listen to atlas radio though.

hmm seems I've had a few messages confirming indeed, a radio station is turning away members of socs because other members of their soc's are assocaited with another Radio station....

Well that sucks lol... good job all 3 don't do that ey :)

its supposed to be community and there's little place for "competition"

Oh?
Fast tell this to Hurrikane before he spends months on that project called WoF!

Actually I completely disagree and my stance that competition is healthy remains unchanged.
There is plenty of room for any sort of competition within the community.

hmm seems I've had a few messages confirming indeed, a radio station is turning away members of socs because other members of their soc's are assocaited with another Radio station....

Well that sucks lol... good job all 3 don't do that ey :)

Really?!?

As far as im aware the 2 stations i have been associated with dont do that

Fast tell this to Hurrikane before he spends months on that project called WoF!

WoF is sport, just as shopping and other trading is business, where competition might florish. anyway, im not personally against multiple radio station but the OP already raised one objection and there might be others, competition isn't all sweetness and positives thats all.

seems i lit some touchpaper, so i'll retreat to a safe distance now :ahh:

We have 3?! The only one i tried once was AHR, but it consumed too much bandwith while playing and caused so much lag i had to forget about the idea of listening to it (how sad).

There is nothing to be gained by publicly rehashing the differences of opinion within the management of any of the EntropiaRadio stations.

The good news is that there will soon be a wide variety of EntropiaRadio stations for the community to enjoy, which was my initial purpose in creating the EntropiaRadio platform.

:locked:

Reactions: Lee
Status
Back