Discoveries list bug?

dRiFF

Alpha
Society
The Maniacs
Aadu dRifteR Asi
This looks just weird!

I imagine it's done by inserting fake chat into the chatlog and getting EntropiaTracker to pick it up.

Funny stuff, although the grammar could be better.

I believe you need more than one client to send it to be verified, remember seeing that somewhere... might be different for discoveries?

I believe you need more than one client to send it to be verified, remember seeing that somewhere... might be different for discoveries?

Yeah needs 4 clients at least.

Funny.

I guess the Tracker server should accept entries only if a high percentage of the clients running that should see it do see it.

Removed that entry.... :)

How did that even happen?

~Danimal
Even though only one client has reported it - it was set to "3 clients has reported this" which would enable it.
This could happen if the line was copie&pasted in the same chat.log 3 times.

He said this statement in the middle of the Longtooth spawn, there were around 30 odd people there if not more.

Even though only one client has reported it - it was set to "3 clients has reported this" which would enable it.
This could happen if the line was copie&pasted in the same chat.log 3 times.

Doesn't that totally defeat the "need 3 clients to report it" policy if everyone can manipulate it that easily?

Doesn't that totally defeat the "need 3 clients to report it" policy if everyone can manipulate it that easily?

Yes and no. The discoveries has not got the same security measures (checksums with machnie mac and other unique variables) as globals does.. The discoveries system was cooked up in like 20 min.. If this happens again, ill add the security measures...

Nvm post before this explains it.

Back