Do miners finance the hunters HOF´s ?

schnups

Provider
At first i should say that i support the idea that Mob-loots depends on the area and time, i mean that Mobs give more loot to random times.

Yesterday i did a "good" mining trip, i had a lot of luck, and made even a tt profit through mining.

But it wasn´t a total plus trip cause i mined in an area with aggressive MOB´s, so as a miner i fight mostly to self-defend.
I had to kill a lot of Mobs and always got no loot.

If a hunter would have entered this area, he would surely left it after 10 or 20 no loot mobs in a row, but as a miner i couldn´t leave that area cause my bombs succeeded realy often.

So i made plus in mining but cause of the lost ammo and decay for the no-loot mobs,that i had to kill, the trip overall was a minus trip.

And here is the problem i see.
The loot in Mobs is payed through the ammo, like the ores ores are paid through the bombs.
And while miners had to kill Mobs and bring on this way money in the MOB-Pot, hunters usally don´t drop bombs....

And i guess that most miners don´t make profit by killing mobs...and so they pay for the HOF´s and loot for hunters.

how you know mining and hunting pool are not the same?
how you know it s not hunter that payed during 2 year all miner that make profit ?
maybe problem was miner drained to mutch loot pool and MA is going to change that ?

I had to read your post a few times schnups, as I can be quite slow at times and it really confused me. No, wate, yeah, I'm still confused :scratch:

You will always see patterns that really do not exist. It is just as it is. :wise:

Now and then miners hit big ones when killing pesky mobs that just disturb them in their mining. Even seen miners got both mining global and hunting global close to each other in time.

Most hunters do not make profit hunting either....so nah, no pattern. ;)

Sometimes i found hof mining deposits at the same exact second than another guys getting hunting hofs i knew hunting in the same map area ...Thats all i can say since its only an example and cannot prove anything .

A hunter normally goes for a mob or two in an area, and if the mob doesn’t loot well, they will change area or mob. It’s rather natural for a hunter.
A miner thinks the same, but with miners “eyes”. The area “mining well” so you want to stay. It also means you need to clear the area from mobs.

As miners you don’t hunt as a hunter do, you just want to clear the area from mobs so you can continue mine. If they loot badly, it’s just something you have to accept. It’s the ore/enmatters that interest you, not the mobs.

In that context I can understand your arguments. You have to spend more money on what a hunter normally would have said is bad hunting grounds. In other words, you are forced to hunt mobs that you KNOW loot bad to continue mine on a good spot.

You have it all wrong.

Its not the miners paying for hunters hofs....its the hunters paying a lot for miners hofs....look how poor the hunting is compared to mining...

Mining don´t finance hunting. Since many miners do profit and many hunters loose. So it might be that hunters finance mining? :eek:

Muppis said:
Mining don´t finance hunting. Since many miners do profit and many hunters loose. So it might be that hunters finance mining? :eek:
I would say that the crafters finance mining.
If there was some good crafted stuff that hunters was willing to pay TT++ for, then hunters would indirectly finance miners.

/Kjetil :cool:

I think its a combination of luck and skill

The Mighty said:
You have it all wrong.

Its not the miners paying for hunters hofs....its the hunters paying a lot for miners hofs....look how poor the hunting is compared to mining...

I second that...

Kjetil said:
I would say that the crafters finance mining.
If there was some good crafted stuff that hunters was willing to pay TT++ for, then hunters would indirectly finance miners.

/Kjetil :cool:

Yeah i think theres a possibility for that to :)

One thing that i notice when im out mining is that i get better loots while killing mobs that are in the way...

yea, the mobs carrying good loots come to u coz they know u're on a mining trip. pliiiz :))))

might be another possibility: mining and hunting having good loot - place based, and both in same place, that could make ur impression. coz it is an impression.

and if there is a loot pool, then is this way: unlucky pays for lucky. period.

All systems are linked

Simple facts:
MA get money from the players.
The players funds eachothers loots.
That far its all obvious.
However, how do the systems work between eachoter?
That im not going into details with because it would take a long post to explain and it would also give away a lot of things id rather keep to myself. Also of course, its just my own observations and theories, which happen to work.
However;
1. Are you sure wether the systems are linked or not?
2. Are you sure the ore spawnes are generated differently from creature spawns?
3. Are you even sure a enmatter spawn is infact an enmatter spawn?
4. Are you sure there is a loot pool? maybe there is several? or maybe theres none?

It is a lot more complex than just "take money from hunters and give to miners" or "take money from miners and give to hunters".
One of the reasons for that is the simple fact that there is a market economy that most of the time is what decide how well your hunting or mining actually where in the end.
Im sure tho, that hunters dont directly finance the miners, or the other way around. Indirectly as kjetil mentioned, we do.
1. miner get ore
2. crafter buy ore
3. crafter make karma killer
4. hunter buy karma killer
Of course, this might not apply that much to the top-end hunters as they like to use looted gear, but the game is much more than the top-end players too

This is what I believe...

There really isint real profit in this game. if best there is a par.

In order to get huge Hofs you need to go for the more deadly mobs. this is obvious (who got more than a few cents from a snablesnot?)

therefore you need to spen quite a lot to be stroong enough to take on a killer Mob- all you really are doing is getting hor money back in a very slow manner.

In addition to this, the loot payouts might be directly llinked to your profession. if you are a higher grade hunter your loot payouts will be more as you have spent more on hunting.

If you have a high grade in mining your loot payouts will be hight.

Try it- Give a noob a really big gun and tell him to kill a few massive mobs and he'll most likely still come out with a few peds. but nothing great.

PLEASE NOTE ** This is only an opinion **

easy to prouf hunter pay for miner :
.next VU is mining and crafting change ( big change).
next VU , will be little better for crafter and a lot worse for miner ( miner gain to mutch money).so since 1 month loot are plain shit for evryone in game because MA is stacking ped for make miner and crafter more happy ( compansation , hof .....what ever needed to make them dont leaft the game).

main tehori i read here and there are way to mutch complex for MA.
MA is not abel to write code that count % for auction , so all your stuff about mining , hunting .... make me laught.

Wellnow

Desertsnowman said:
This is what I believe...

There really isint real profit in this game. if best there is a par.

In order to get huge Hofs you need to go for the more deadly mobs. this is obvious (who got more than a few cents from a snablesnot?)

therefore you need to spen quite a lot to be stroong enough to take on a killer Mob- all you really are doing is getting hor money back in a very slow manner.

In addition to this, the loot payouts might be directly llinked to your profession. if you are a higher grade hunter your loot payouts will be more as you have spent more on hunting.

If you have a high grade in mining your loot payouts will be hight.

Try it- Give a noob a really big gun and tell him to kill a few massive mobs and he'll most likely still come out with a few peds. but nothing great.

PLEASE NOTE ** This is only an opinion **
Snablesnots have hoffed over 1k iirc. Also they have dropped improved omegaton M2870 and other nice things.

Im also making nice and steady profit and have done so ever since i started playing. Not only on item markups, by also on hunting and mining TT returns.
The occational great items is of course very nice to get, but handle your stuff correctly and you wont NEED them.
MA is dependant on public relations. One way of making good PR is making sure there is always a few people profiting.
Most will lose, some will break even and a few will profit and thats how it will always be, because MA depend on income at the same time as they also depend on having people that do make profit, for PR reasons.

I have actually given a noob a decent gun, an EP-45 with a106 and some midrange armor and in this way the noob is able to hunt bigger mobs than its skill levels (and not to mention deposit levels) would allow it to. Guess what? That avatar is also doing quite well.

But in the end, as mentioned above, Project Entropia is developed to make profit for MindArk.
Dont look at it as losing money, look at it as paying for entertainment. If you profit, youre paid to be entertained. Also you can pay as much as you wish for your entertainment, which in my opinion is quite a nice deal.
How much would it cost you to go to the cinemas and watch 2 movies a day? A lot more than what you can do quite ok with in PE for sure..
(If you could even find 2 new movies in the theatres a day)

----EDITED----

Last edited:
Back