FYI: Do NOT use windowed mode if you plan on going back to full screen!

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
It messed up my icons, the ones in the top right which you can't edit. They're now all stacked on one another so I can't use them and it looks a right mess.

Only possibility of getting them back would be to reset all my icons but that would mean losing hours of icon mapping :mad:

I rage at things like this (bit of OCD).

you can edit all your icons. gimme a minute and i will show you how

That's why I hide all icons, they always gets messed up anyway.

1. Tap "L" to open the edit panel.

2. Use the little white arrows in the icon on the top left corner of the screen until you get to the asterix (*).

Now you can edit all the "locked" icons on your screen. You can also edit the keys in your keyboard and mouse that you are normally not allowed, but i recomend caution with this or you might get a mess.

As a side note i go windowed and back to full screen all the time and dont have this issue :confused:

Since I hate those icons... I edited them all, it's easy: press L then with the arrows go to * panel, once you are there you can edit every default icon, top right for you, and even all other shortcut like Y P U etc. editing them, you have all those shortkeys available for every set of icons F1, F2 etc
I hope to that you understood... my english is not that good

Well you could keep them on same resolution. I use 1440x900 for full screen and windowed mode.

Well you could keep them on same resolution. I use 1440x900 for full screen and windowed mode.

I would guess that the reason he uses windowed is to have better control of contrast and such when the night cycle appears every few hours , I cannot wait till they give adjustments to the windowed mode.

Bones

More info, the way I started window mode that time was from the out of game controls, perhaps this doesn't happen if you switch when already ingame.

It is not possible to have the window mode res the same as your screen res because the game simply doesn't allow it and for obvious reasons.

this used to happen in VU 9 why the up-roar now :confused:

More info, the way I started window mode that time was from the out of game controls, perhaps this doesn't happen if you switch when already ingame.

It is not possible to have the window mode res the same as your screen res because the game simply doesn't allow it and for obvious reasons.

Might depend on the your screen, my 24" has a res of 1920x1200 so 1440x900 is a resolution that fills the screen (it's the normal resolution I use for most games) and a window that size is below the max.

I've often switched between full and window mode when I want more power from my ATI graphics card (it only uses 100% capability in full screen) without the buttons moving.

In fact here's a screen grab I just made

Last edited:
Seems to be a recent bug. I use windows mode most of the time on a laptop and PC, the icons usually only need a minor move on the screen between computers. Recently in the last few weeks they have been messed up, overlapping etc, not sure why this is happening now? New update? Sure it will settle down again

Aha... So that's what's happened to my icons... I thought it was something I had done after much beer consumption... lol

There is a option with that you can choose if your icons get moved by a resolution change.

Either this option is bugged or they removed it :eyecrazy:

i've always played in windowed mode and my icons have only now been screwed up. i was wondering wtf was going in too. thankfully a quick right click gives access to all teh same functions so i'm not bothered too much atm. still, bugs like this happening its getting old.

Subscribing, I am experiencing the same problem lately, very annoying...

I know how to move around the icons, delete them, create new ones, etc... but it's quite annoying having to do that every single time when I swap from windowed to full screen mode ofc.

But what annoys me most, is that I can't move the icons at the top right corner, the icons of Skills, Professions, etcetera.. They are all overlapping atm, and I can't drag them apart. They are always greyed out when I access the icon edit panel (by pressing L). Does anyone know how those can be moved ?

But what annoys me most, is that I can't move the icons at the top right corner, the icons of Skills, Professions, etcetera.. They are all overlapping atm, and I can't drag them apart. They are always greyed out when I access the icon edit panel (by pressing L). Does anyone know how those can be moved ?

In the edit panel more from number 1 until you get to *. Should be able to move them then.

Cheers!

Back