Do the increased taming skill buffs...

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Do they increase my skill I get from "playing with a mob" or does it increase the skill I get from "taming a mob with my whip" I am not sure which it refers to, if not both.

i thought it increased the chance of taming a creature

i guess its not so clear

i thought it increased the chance of taming a creature

i guess its not so clear

It is absolutely not this, except for the buff provided by the ring.
It says "Taming: Increased chance to tame animals" which increases your chance to tame things but only by making it more likely to tame the creature when attempted. It doesn't affect spirit, respect, or anything else.

I am asking about the skill increase bonus, which would never make anything easier for any of the skill increase bonus's
The skill increase bonus says
"Skill gain - Pet and Taming"
I am wondering if that is just pet, or also taming skills you get from attempting to tame.

Then, there is also the 3rd new skill,
"Domination"
which does not increase the chance to tame like the first buff, but rather makes the spirit and respect move more with each hit, thus making taming more eco.

Last edited:
Skills gained from "playing" with your pet are minimal comapred to skill gained from taming.

This buff definetly increases skills gained from taming (tested TT value gained and difference was clearly visible). So this i can confirm.

In theory it should also increase the skills gained from "playing" with pet too - since many skills are actually exactly the same skills you gain while taming but there are two issues:
1) since the skillgains are much much smaller from doing this - it would require much more time to measure it
2) it is probably NOT worth the cost of running the buff in this situation.

Falagor
:bandit:

Skills gained from "playing" with your pet are minimal comapred to skill gained from taming.

This buff definetly increases skills gained from taming (tested TT value gained and difference was clearly visible). So this i can confirm.

In theory it should also increase the skills gained from "playing" with pet too - since many skills are actually exactly the same skills you gain while taming but there are two issues:
1) since the skillgains are much much smaller from doing this - it would require much more time to measure it
2) it is probably NOT worth the cost of running the buff in this situation.

Falagor
:bandit:

Exactly, if it didn't give taming buffs then that'd be not worth it. The real question is, why is MA giving out 10% skill increase bonus on one of the more valuable skills and not others I guess. How long till that happens. I like stacking this bonus with the pills and actual random skill increase bonus (I do get that a measurable amount more often by having a pet out, that is what was concerning me as I figured it only affected the pet and its tricks because of this).

Thanks for the info falagor.

Back