Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 92.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope why should i :scratch2:

I find them very useful, but only to check the market graph of something that isn't on auction at the time. :laugh:

And you don't even need to go into a bank to check the graphs... go to orders, select your desired item and click on the graphs. Voila!

Now the last use of the bank has gone, unless you are a crafter and want to craft at a really quiet place where nobody gets annoyed by your stream of globals ;)

/Slupor

The big problem with banks is they don't give enough money for high value items and low value items are usually not worth barrowing on. For example if I decide I need 10k I would have to give the banks at least 30k worth of items. Better to give a friend some items worth 15k as collaterial and pay him back later.

Would be nice to hear from the bank owners if they think the investment is worth it and if they think they will every get their money back (either though the bank itself or by selling).

wow at poll results :eek:

Not enough voted yet however.

No, I have not stepped foot in any of the banks, to be honest. Nor do I have anything I think is collateral worthy. However, my soc mate has used bank ND at Port Atlantis on a few occasions. He checked the rates on his jacket and hat and found that bank to offer the best % for his items.

Would be nice to hear from the bank owners if they think the investment is worth it and if they think they will every get their money back (either though the bank itself or by selling).

I know that NVD has stated that the bank investment was mainly for the future when the big market and the (maby) 5 million users come from asia.

I know alot of Entropians that are using the banks frequently by one reason or another. I have been there a few times and there is always people inside the bank (talking about NVD bank at PA now) so I think that more people use the banks than what the poll result shows.

I used it some times and in one case i was happy to be able to use it.
I had a ATH in niksarium and i had tons of ignots, price on niks dropped down 20 %, i didnt want to sell it for that price and wanted to wait, but also i wanted a ML 35 and that time around Landgrab there was allmost none for sale. I had for like 30 k ped TT niks in storage, so i dumped there 20 k ped tt bought ML 35 and after some time i sold rest of niks and got the ore back. if i see now that ML 35 raised 7,5 k from that time i safed up some k ped .
so in some cases it makes sense to use a bank, and in a similar case i would use it again.

it is nice to price check..

Banks are nice to price check things, but that's about it for now... Now, what MA should really do and bank owners should ask for is more stuff to do with the bank... It's currently set up to do loans. Real world banks do much more than loans... they do atms, loans, savings, and even safe deposit boxes. I, for one am darn glad the banks are not in charge of the storage boxes throughout the game, but having an option to do savings in a bank would be a good idea. Currently, the only way to do savings in the game is sit around and watch the auction to low priced items that you can sell at higher prices later... banks should pay interests on things, should offer services, etc. We don't need any monopolies in game, but we also don't need any loans usually... Is there a tutorial on how to do a loan. The once or twice that I did look at using a bank for loan the interface to do it was confusing as heck. Also, what's up with the message that certain items have tt values too low to use in the bank? That's a real way to get people to come back...

Banks are nice to price check things, but that's about it for now... Now, what MA should really do and bank owners should ask for is more stuff to do with the bank... It's currently set up to do loans. Real world banks do much more than loans... they do atms, loans, savings, and even safe deposit boxes. I, for one am darn glad the banks are not in charge of the storage boxes throughout the game, but having an option to do savings in a bank would be a good idea. Currently, the only way to do savings in the game is sit around and watch the auction to low priced items that you can sell at higher prices later... banks should pay interests on things, should offer services, etc. We don't need any monopolies in game, but we also don't need any loans usually... Is there a tutorial on how to do a loan. The once or twice that I did look at using a bank for loan the interface to do it was confusing as heck. Also, what's up with the message that certain items have tt values too low to use in the bank? That's a real way to get people to come back...

I'm not sure about savings. As we all know even oldest banks can colapse in just few days (o/c whole process was not that quick), so who will guarantee that if bank in EU will colapse then all savings will be paid? MA?:rolleyes: If there would be MA bank that another story.
I think its good as it is for now, anyway I didnt use banks till now and I wont use them in near future for sure, just like banks in RL they are a rip-off:D

savings should be possible...

Maybe MA can make a way to do savings eventually... simply open a savings irl and convert peds to cash and use that to pay out small amount back... so like if rl bank account owned by MA pays MA 5-10%, maybe MA can afford to pay interest to avatars at .5 - 1% or something... I know, it'd be faster to open your own rl savings, and stuff, but then you have the overhead of paying fees to credit card companies, etc. to get that all converted in to peds. MA could just set aside like one account or one account per x amount of avatars or something like that. the 10 to 1 ped to dollar ratio is meaningless if you pay 5-10% interest on your credit card bills every time you deposit... and that's in addition to the fees that go in to wherever the money goes that causes a 100 ped deposit to end up being more than 100.00 USD, etc.

Yes, I'd like a bank where I can put in PED and get some interest but I don't think it's in MAs interest (sorry about the bad pun)

I considered using the banks until I realized two things:

1) The interest rate I was seeing was higher than my RL credit card
2) It would take me a long time to build up the money w/o depositing to get something of value to use as collateral. So then I might as well just deposit the money and buy it. :)

I don't. My cash flow is ponderously slow and a high-interest loan doesn't fit in there anywhere. If i turned over more gear i'd probably have a use for them now and then though.

Dont use em atm, maybe I will later on :cool:

Back