Does Rocktropia have the people?

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
One of the demands for being a planet partner is that you bring a new unique population to your planet.
So how is it going thusfar with Rocktropia.. ofcourse the full scale media blast hasn't started yet.. But with what ND is offering.. Will he get that unique new playerbase?
Or are we all doomed because all he's getting are visitors from PC? And our lootpool is simply cut in two?

have to wait and find out i suppose. see if some sort of promotion starts happening or what

Come back in 3 months... :D

Well today I have been sweating a bit with some new players that started on RT, so they are coming just not so much yet and as said before there hasn't been a large add campaign yet, so indeed wait 3 months and we will have a lot of noobs running around a RT Sweat Camp for sure.

Not sure what you mean with being doomed, but we sure need more players if we want the planets to continue being developed. If Rocktropia is going to manage that, not sure. But I guess FPC will also start a more aggressive advertisement campaign. But IMO thats should start after we have some nice missions, that are actually fun to do.

RT is a bit quiet yet. Th efirst few days seemed like alot of people came to see what it was all about and then trickled down to just some groups on pop dragons and others exploring and getting tp`s. I have`nt run into too many people while out wandering around. But I have seen a few new players hanging around. Not many but it`s a sart. I`m sure ND will be on the pr wagon soon and get some good publicity like he knows EU should have all along. Time will tell.

yeah, I agree with Razer, seen a few new players there.
Also, I suppose am not the only one who wants to stay on RT full time and go to calypso from time to time for events like we used to do with cp/cnd.

:grouphug:

Ed Ward

one thing which seems cool is all buldings under construction powered by us... does that mean we'll build appt or other things? I'd love to be owner of an appt and have to work on it to build it :)

Like ND stated, they did not release all that was ready for RT for initial rollout to make sure there were not and death blow bugs..

I am sure after a VU or two there that enough content will be inplace to actually advertise to attract more players along with keep us currnet players busy as well.

Or are we all doomed because all he's getting are visitors from PC? And our lootpool is simply cut in two?

ummmm... huh? :scratch2:

Isn't the "loot pool" divided by the total number of players regardless of their location, and not by the number of continents / planets / space stations? Or is there some new sort of math that I am unaware of?
:dunno:

Well today I have been sweating a bit with some new players that started on RT, so they are coming just not so much yet and as said before there hasn't been a large add campaign yet, so indeed wait 3 months and we will have a lot of noobs running around a RT Sweat Camp for sure.

Where's the RT sweat camp? Little Video Vixens on the road west of City of Dreams?

one thing which seems cool is all buldings under construction powered by us... does that mean we'll build appt or other things? I'd love to be owner of an appt and have to work on it to build it :)

would be cool, but might be Powered by us = need revenue to proceed

One of the demands for being a planet partner is that you bring a new unique population to your planet.
So how is it going thusfar with Rocktropia..

90%+ of avatars on Rocktropia at the moment appear to be from Calypso.

Rocktropia could not be more noob unfriendly. It is very hard to imagine a group of new players starting up and thriving there.

Because of the massive auction transport fees (and the lack of shops) the only noob gear available is shotguns, axes and TT gear.
Some traders have made their way up but because of the massive TP fee they mainly sell Apis,X1, XT etc.
So all that is available on auction is shotguns, axes and mid-level/uber gear (or you can look at 1000 pages of all kinds of gear available on another planet).
On Calypso a lot of noobs buy their gear from players that were noob a month or 2 ago. They stand around at PA selling Pixie thighs or Riker UL2(L) that they looted. On Rocktropia the choice is shotguns or axes.
If a noob does start hunting (probably with a shotgun and without any armor) they will then have the problem of selling their loot.
There is a limited market for paints/wools/hides/oils/enhancer components etc. Most of that will end up in the TT.

On Calypso there is a sensible progression of items available in most fields.
We complain when one item is "missing" like Isis HL18(L) or Montgomery Diabolic (L) or if there is a gap between the SIB period on 2 items.
On Rocktropia there is no progression of items apart from in BLP Sniper and Longblades.
Everything else has to be purchased at a premium.

It is hard to see how a new avatar can progress efficiently on Rocktropia unless the auction transport fee or the TP fee is reduced.
That is not even considering the other problems that Rocktropia has for noobs.

..... or the TP fee is reduced.

I agree with everything that aardman said, but this must be stressed. 40PED one way and back again... lol and 50 ped to go from RT to CND and from RT to CP 45PED... wtf lol

INSANE if you ask me. And really not worth the venture up there unless you really think you'll profit up there... or if you want to stay up there for a extended period... BUT you have to take everything with you b/c storage terminals are not linked (another huge minus).

Where's the RT sweat camp? Little Video Vixens on the road west of City of Dreams?

The sweat camp of RT is called Wet Wolf Creek outside of City of Dreams. North I think. Usually all of 3 wolves. But they give alot of sweat before running out.

Not very noob friendly right now IMO; all the mobs are way to aggressive.

The sweat camp of RT is called Wet Wolf Creek outside of City of Dreams. North I think. Usually all of 3 wolves. But they give alot of sweat before running out.

That is the best place to sweat but it is not ideal.

I went there a few times, didn't see a single red or green dot.
You can find a wolf pretty fast and start sweating (I guess, I didn't have the sweat thing with me :() but if you die there is no revive at Wet Wolf Creek.
You revive at the City of Dreams revive. Which is not next to the City of Dreams TP.
You then have to run through a doorway, jump over a wall, dodge around a few trees, TP back to Wet Wolf Creek and try to find your wolf again.

It is not exactly Nea's or Swamp Camp.

IMHO what is needed for a good sweating place is:

1: A revive
2: A turret next to the revive
3: An unobstructed route away from the revive
4: Sweatable mobs not far away

There is nowhere on Rocktropia like that yet.

Our loot pool (which I don't believe in) doesn't get cut in two because loot is exactly what MA wants it to be, no less, no more. However maybe Marco's loot pool does :laugh:, that is if you believe that FPC really was separated from MA which I believe in less than a loot pool.

would be cool, but might be Powered by us = need revenue to proceed

some knows how to get revenue from loots, despite what most threads saying :laugh:

Im making an experiment - I went to RT with only 100 peds and some basic equipment(shogun+finder+drilers+some low lvl guns - all uL because of lack of items there). I want to see if it is possible to survive there.

Well Im up and down, but it is easy too see that killing low lvls mobs isnt helping my ped card.
Killing snables, combis etc. on PC = good loots
Killing vixens, zombies on RT = disaster

Minning is ok so far for me(what a welcome change). Found also angelic scales yesterday, devils etc..Im curios where will it go in next days

So how is it going thusfar with Rocktropia.. ofcourse the full scale media blast hasn't started yet.. But with what ND is offering.. Will he get that unique new playerbase?

the player base seem decent there atm. Were a few people at the cities of dreams. More than PA have nowdays.

So far it's just another LA with focus on hunting and mining.
In the future he talkes about unique Rocktropia stuff.

With this released they will have there own playerbase.
ROCKtropia is an online virtual planet built around music. You can access it anytime from your desktop for FREE.

• Promote Your Music Or Record Label
  • Promote Your Band Or Studio
  • Own Your Customizable Studio & Stream Your Music To Your Fans
  • Generate Revenue From Your Music
  • Get Exclusive Opportunities To Build Your Career
  • Connect With Other Fans Of Your Favorite Artists
  • Make New Friends
  • Discover & Listen To Exclusive Music
  • Party & Play Games
  • Enter Competitions & Complete Quests
  • Win, Collect Or Even Manufacture Official Band Virtual Merchandise
  • Hang & Network With ROCKstars Celebrities & Music Moguls
  • Build A Business In A Fully Secure Environment
  • Engage In A Real Cash Economy To Build Your Real Life Fortune

Im making an experiment - I went to RT with only 100 peds and some basic equipment(shogun+finder+drilers+some low lvl guns - all uL because of lack of items there). I want to see if it is possible to survive there.

Well Im up and down, but it is easy too see that killing low lvls mobs isnt helping my ped card.
Killing snables, combis etc. on PC = good loots
Killing vixens, zombies on RT = disaster

Minning is ok so far for me(what a welcome change). Found also angelic scales yesterday, devils etc..Im curios where will it go in next days

Devils tail on rocktopia? That makes no sense, its a cylapso worm, whats it doing on rocktopia? :p Thats the ideal example of an item that should be planet specific hehe.

Well it unfair to judge the planet after version just one week :laugh:
It think it have the pontential to be a nice planet to play on and will attract their own new players when more of the content that they have planed for are read and the planet grows in size, it fells like a small bit a continent right now. :p

But please.... make the mob spawns smaller/fewer, it sucks for miners with mobs everywhere without any possiblity to avoid them.

I had a friend's eye light up when I told him about rocktopia. He will be starting there not on calypso.

ROCKtropia is an online virtual planet built around music. You can access it anytime from your desktop for FREE.

* Promote Your Music Or Record Label
* Promote Your Band Or Studio
* Own Your Customizable Studio & Stream Your Music To Your Fans
* Generate Revenue From Your Music
* Get Exclusive Opportunities To Build Your Career
* Connect With Other Fans Of Your Favorite Artists
* Make New Friends
* Discover & Listen To Exclusive Music
* Party & Play Games
* Enter Competitions & Complete Quests
* Win, Collect Or Even Manufacture Official Band Virtual Merchandise
* Hang & Network With ROCKstars Celebrities & Music Moguls