Dont buy Opalo's from the auction

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
I know this has been said many times, but it is worth repeating for the new Guys and Gals.

The Opalo can be bought fully healed from the Trade Terminal for 3.80 Ped. There is no need to pay more than this, and no need to get this gun from the auction.

All these on the auction today are listed by the same person.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I'm sure someone has bought from auction but I can't imagine anyone who takes the time to read EF would actually do it.... ;)

Hm well I dont see too much problems with it. Marco claims that auction fee is returned as loot. So the more useless auctions the better.

And the people that are silly enough to buy em, they will either learn a lesson (which is good) or they will never know (in that case it doesnt matter).

Witte said:
Hm well I dont see too much problems with it. Marco claims that auction fee is returned as loot. So the more useless auctions the better.

And the people that are silly enough to buy em, they will either learn a lesson (which is good) or they will never know (in that case it doesnt matter).

True, true. I guess I still get unsettled a bit by some of the blatant opportunism ingame.

Witte said:
Marco claims that auction fee is returned as loot. So the more useless auctions the better.
fair enough, but if someone DOES fall for it and buys the opalo from the auction, then its the poor innocent scammed noob thats the one contributing to the loot pool when he buys for over-price. and thats just not on.

Witte said:

Good to see you have a nice healthy attitude toward the community :rolleyes:

No, really - just because you or I would not buy opalos for 10 ped is no reason for some poor guy to lose money, probably a lot of what they have - such a lesson is too harsh. And the 1 ped to the loot pool? aint worth the potential loss of a long term depositer :wise:

Safara, it should be mentioned here as long as MA allows TT items to be auctioned, so + rep :)

The more you protect people, the weaker they get.

wow Witte, it really sounds like you grew up with bolloks all protection then :rolleyes:

have a heart man, we're just lookin out for people.

andyzammy said:
wow Witte, it really sounds like you grew up with bolloks all protection then :rolleyes:

have a heart man, we're just lookin out for people.

I am not saying you should not warn people, i do that too when i speak them. All I say is that i dont have problems with the person putting those guns on auction. And I even say that in the end it might even have a positive affect on EU, as newcommers become more aware of scamming.

Witte said:
I am not saying you should not warn people, i do that too when i speak them. All I say is that i dont have problems with the person putting those guns on auction. And I even say that in the end it might even have a positive affect on EU, as newcommers become more aware of scamming.
ah ok then fair enough. i suppose as long as all people ARE aware of this, then theres no problem, and only the resellers will lose out. but i dont think this will ever be achieved. people will always get caught out by them.. i think this is supported by the fact that the resellers are still about. so people, keep ur eye out for a dodgy deal :wise:

Witte said:
The more you protect people, the weaker they get.

This was harsh but I really liked it :) +rep ;)

And about putting on auction the TT weapons, there is a lot of people that needs a low TT scanner for example, because they can't afford paying 12ped for it, aswell as for the combat and survival blades.

IMHO, putting to auction TT items can be good or bad, and yea, but I think the "newcomer" will firstly look at the Trade Terminal than the Auctioneer guy ;)

yea i was gona throw in the low tt argument in (saw a bid on a fap 5 for about 3ped total once), but look again Mkdesign, they're all full tt. :(

I know they are full TT.

But I highly doubt that even a very very newcomer buys one.

Why?

When you first arrived on Calypso, which did you first look at?
Auctioneer or Trade Terminal? ;)

The guy who is doing that is just losing plenty of PEDs, or is just trying to be funny. Let him lose. :wise:

haha funny you should ask! i remember that my 1st tp i got was billys, so after i get pheonix too i went back to explore billys. as i knew how to play an RPG (which at the time i thought this was like any other), i talked to the NPC first. so yea the auctioneer. ;).

no, but i had a quick browsie. flicked through everythin, didnt understang a thing. so prolly wouldnt have known the opalo was "the one and only" to use as a noob. but hell if someone had have told me to go buy one, and i had one i'd prolly have gone for one. ;)

Back