Drop L items as a "tokens"

miathan

Alpha
Society
Rangers
Alindrina Alli Golden
The suggestion is that when you loot L items you instead get a broken item.
With the broken item you can do a couple of things:
  • Just convert the broken item to the (L) equivalent (this would be just like today).
  • While converting the broken item you can fill it with additional TT. Maybe with shrapnel or residue (shrapnel makes most sense I think).
  • Convert the broken item to shrapnel of same TT value.
Optionally the broken item could be genderless so you can choose M/F when you convert armors.

Broken items themselves can not be sold or traded.

(Change the terminology "token" to "broken item", sounds more natural in the context of shrapnel)
(Is it possible to change the title of the thread?)

Last edited:
I like the idea of being able to use up some residue to make a full TT item. +1

a weird idea
1. (L) items are not repairable (i think i read somewhere.... ah, it is on every item consumed in system log)
2. i want 1% more from shrapnel from useless items
3. same as now

so basically you ask
1. for a cahnge in a base rule of game (that limited items can not be refilled)
2. you want some more loot
3. or just keep the same

i think the answer is easy.... 3. keep it like it is
i unwatch the thread. GL

To clarify. It's not the limited items that can be repaired.
It's very similar to how you fill limited items when you craft.

@Msturlese I think you misunderstood the suggestion.

An alternative solution, and this has been suggested many times, is being able to merge multiple L items together to make a new one with the combined TT. TIR and Tiers would be reset.
they changed it to let us do this with blueprints so weapons isn't such a drastic step forward.

Infact. I think this idea is superior to the OPs, as the TT is padded by same items of the same markup.

Last edited:
I understand you to mean you can use tokens with some kind of npc that has a list of items and not that you can charge up already existing (L) stuff.
You could have it so that you just get the tt value of the tokens pumped into the created item up to the item's tt limit. Maybe new (L) drops have some kind of 1-time charger, similar to a tier slot, but for 1-time only fill-up using tokens.
edit: resetting tiers might be misused to get better tiers and would clog up servers a bit if everybody played the same game..., but if it's once only allowed by a slot then maybe ok...
I like the thinking of trying to make worthless stuff find a value after all, or unauctionable low tt (L) also get options for raising to full - and better auctionability.

I understand you to mean you can use tokens with some kind of npc that has a list of items and not that you can charge up already existing (L) stuff.
You could have it so that you just get the tt value of the tokens pumped into the created item up to the item's tt limit. Maybe new (L) drops have some kind of 1-time charger, similar to a tier slot, but for 1-time only fill-up using tokens.
edit: resetting tiers might be misused to get better tiers and would clog up servers a bit if everybody played the same game..., but if it's once only allowed by a slot then maybe ok...
I like the thinking of trying to make worthless stuff find a value after all, or unauctionable low tt (L) also get options for raising to full - and better auctionability.
I don't imagine it as an NPC.
Just right click to convert.
You basically loot a "Broken EWE EP-53 Submission" with a value of 89.32 PEDs.
If you right click on it you get the option to either convert it to an "EWE EP-53 Submission (L)" with a value of 89.32 or 89.32 of shrapnel.
During the conversion you can optionally fill up to full TT with shrapnel (or maybe residue).

Need I say ESIs are excluded :laugh:

Need I say ESIs are excluded :laugh:
Why exlude esis? You ask for a change that would increase tt value with 101% cost of a gun with let's say 140% mu. Or in other words you ask for free money..

Why exlude esis? You ask for a change that would increase tt value with 101% cost of a gun with let's say 140% mu. Or in other words you ask for free money..
Result is not free money. The result will be a slight reduction in mu on the 140% L item.

Why not ESI, well it would of course be way too disruptive. ESIs are quite a different beast.

This change will of course also be disruptive but the point of a change is to actually, well, change things.
The main idea of this change is to make L items a little bit more useful and used.
And also make hunting for L gear more similar to crafting L gear.

all these items have MU and realistically higher MU if nearer full TT, this would therefore radically affect the market and almost certainly lead to reduced sales for the crafters of (L) weps, who would I imagine be very very upset.
Loot is loot, it is what it is, and the value reflects the loot balancing algorithms. If you mess with this retrospectively by merging, topping up etc you could have a lot of unintended effects and not all of them nice... careful what you wish for

All looted weapons no matter how crap can always be used, I have a friend that burns every one he gets himself. After all there are mobs of all sizes and shapes to fit out there. He therefore rarely buys weapons at all. We don't all need to hunt at the top of our ability, it can be very refreshing going out and burning up the low TT, lower level weapons just for fun.

No. They can however prioritize the loot event so when you global, it will prioritize the TT value of the global to the item looted instead of anything else. With exception of ESI's of course. Otherwise higher TT ESI's would be a lot more common.
This way you still wouldn't always loot FULL TT (L) items but you'd raise the avg tt value quite a bit.

Just right click to convert.
...ah yes ok, is also a one-time conversion of a token, but all the tokens have their own specific (L) item connection when you loot them.

There is the point that being able to take all looted (L)s up to their maximum before selling/using would make many of them much more desirable and thus compete with crafting more. It's a good point, but I do like your idea.

Maybe the upgrade should not be with shrap but crafted lvl 1-10 upgraders, depending on how good an armour/weap etc is. Upside - crafters get something more to craft that can have mu on the market. Downside - MA has to add new categories, or maybe use min lvls stats already available to determine the upgrader component level.

What do we have now with such levels? - enhancers - and that other line of stuff that drops weap bps when you do them (but I COMPLETELY forget their name). Blimey, I have bps up to level V or so - my memory is much like HAL being taken apart right now!!!
Anyway, something along those lines might be a nice improvement all round, but maybe players looting them can also discard them for shrapnel if they want as you suggest to say to MA: thanks, but I'll take 101% please.

So now item database has not just tons of (L) items, but tokens for every single (L) item?
Plus likely hood of MA not using the refiner, but some other separate "right click to transform these" action (to go with tiering, etc.)?
Sure, what could go wrong?

BTW, you sly dog, I see the math you are doing, making useless (L) items become shrapnel for that much more 1% free ammo. You accountant, you.

Maybe the upgrade should not be with shrap but crafted lvl 1-10 upgraders, depending on how good an armour/weap etc is.
Yes, it's a good point to involve crafting and not just use shrap.
Could be metal/other residue or some new mats like you suggest.

So now item database has not just tons of (L) items, but tokens for every single (L) item?
Plus likely hood of MA not using the refiner, but some other separate "right click to transform these" action (to go with tiering, etc.)?
Yes, you would loot something like "Broken EWE EP-53 Submission".
I guess it makes sense to use the refiner. Didn't think about that :)

The suggestion is that when you loot L items you instead get a broken item.
With the broken item you can do a couple of things:
  • Just convert the broken item to the (L) equivalent (this would be just like today).
  • While converting the broken item you can fill it with additional TT. Maybe with shrapnel or residue (shrapnel makes most sense I think).
  • Convert the broken item to shrapnel of same TT value.
Optionally the broken item could be genderless so you can choose M/F when you convert armors.

Broken items themselves can not be sold or traded.

(Change the terminology "token" to "broken item", sounds more natural in the context of shrapnel)
(Is it possible to change the title of the thread?)
Stack the TT value of (L) items. It is the same item, just let us stack the (L) ones. Disregard the Tier if you have to or create a mediation system for stacking TT value of (L) items with differing tiers.
Filling it with shrapnel would defeat the purpose of an (L) item... Dismantling it into Shrapnel, that kind of makes sense, but a token would probably be more feasible, when it breaks it turns into a token. Maybe like a NeverdieWallet coin or something worth the fractions of a cent or however much that can be used to purchase (L) items from say, and the value is determined by how much Crypto (L) items people buy the popshop or something. (Like saying every time someone uses the coins/tokens they collected to purchase an (L) item, it goes back into circulation to be looted from broken (L) items and the money gained from the coins being spent either just feeds the value of the coin or maintains the value of the coin)(or maybe a processing fee could feed the value of the coin, or even simply people trading the coin among each other could be a determining factor in the value of the coin, I assume there are plenty of other options., might as well throw dev fee out there such to hypen the idea)

Last edited:
Back