Drop Rate Of Guns

Lorthis

Dominant
After having killed around 12000 feffoids the last month or so, after around 30 thunderbird parts, around 10 martial parts, and literally hundreds and hundreds of useless MF chips, I managed to loot my first CalyTrek Soul Mk. V (L) yesterday.

(There was a time where you would loot a korss in every feff global, LR53 around every third sumima global, and LR59 at least every 5 globals from formidon, and plenty more examples, but I will try not to dwell on the past now)

All these new guns introduced are nice and fun, but with the current droprate, I think it is just one step forward, two steps back.
Please revisit and rebalance the droprate of guns.
And have a nice summer. :tiphat:

*edit: Finished Iron feffoid. Total guns looted:
CalyTrek CR Soul Mk.V (L) (lvl 18): 1
Isis Project Zero-Eight (L) (lvl 75): 0

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
There is an explanation

These new guns have less decay, thus holding more shoots and also pretty low decay in peds meaning low TT for most

Now, if droprate would be high, the Mu on those would be low, 110% or so, meaning overall hunters would earn less MU from loot

The droprate is for keeping those MU at decent level so you can enjoy after selling one of those guns

And actually we pay less MU per peds spent overall then we used to spend when we were using ISIS series, like HL8/11/12 bla bla and some BLP

I think overall the droprate is fine for most guns, some of them might need a little bosst, but overall is ok

Those few that needs boost are LC_240 and EP-54:D Drop them like crazy MA!:cool:

Its the MA way!

Yes, MA have a history of releasing new and interesting items, only to make droprate on them so rare that few people ever get to try them out. But I still think we as participants should try to make them aware of it, maybe just maybe they will listen to us.

(There was a time where you would loot a korss in every feff global, LR53 around every third sumima global, and LR59 at least every 5 globals from formidon, and plenty more examples, but I will try not to dwell on the past now)
Yeah that's true but those times are long gone now, so I am not sure why you make a connection to the new guns? There are just a lot less guns in the loot anyway these days. :tongue2:

Yeah that's true but those times are long gone now, so I am not sure why you make a connection to the new guns? There are just a lot less guns in the loot anyway these days. :tongue2:

Except Feffoid (they've been dropping less), I have actually been looting many more items since the change... guns, heal tools and Mindforce chips mostly. Melee weapons in some larger globals.

There is an explanation

And actually we pay less MU per peds spent overall then we used to spend when we were using ISIS series, like HL8/11/12 bla bla and some BLP

To me, this means there's less avg mu in loot ^^

Less droprate, sure higher markup, but more people looking for a gun to hunt with. In the end less people hunting.

I like to hunt with zero-six or seven but I will not pay 160% for the gun.

Maybe to let newer participants know that there was a time in Entropia where going hunting for gun meant actually going hunting, not running to auction.

Nobody complained about droprate at that time, quite the contrary, I think most have fond memories of going out to loot their next korss on feff, lr59 on formidon or similar.

Maybe to let newer participants know that there was a time in Entropia where going hunting for gun meant actually going hunting, not running to auction.

Nobody complained about droprate at that time, quite the contrary, I think most have fond memories of going out to loot their next korss on feff, lr59 on formidon or similar.

I have fond memories of slaughtering snabbles by the boatload thinking I was going to get one of those i2870s to drop for me. :laugh:

Ambu and Goki haven't been any kinder for that Mod Merc I've been trying to loot for all these years either :rolleyes:

But ya, I'd be happy if MA made it rain UL SIB Laser Pistols like the HL15 or CAP-50 for a while...

I looted two Korss in a row from Feffs from the first two kills I made during a very small soc hunting trip.

tbh I've probably still got them in storage.

If you want guns that you can use, look up what mobs drop those and hunt those mobs. However, you can often get better markups by hunting for high markup guns, regardless of your actual gun preference.

I am in total agreement with you OP: it is entirely pointless to make guns with superior dmg/pec - performance and then to lower the droprate of them so that they are for all intents and purposes the same economy as the previous guns.

To me, this means there's less avg mu in loot ^^

Yup that's about the size of it. People saying they'd not pay 160% for a weapon... back when H400 was around it was so much better than the non-SIB options that the market was keeping them well above 160%.

The flood of UL SIBs is mostly to blame for the change in attitudes, of course, and there's no undoing that. So we have a relative trickle of (L) guns that by design are lower in tt and lower in decay with a player base unwilling to pay even the markups that were eco on the old weapons with much higher decay.

Not a good situation.

It’s human nature to find comfort in the regular order of life that you are accustomed to, occasionally feeling outside your comfort zone for something new. Sometimes behaving in that ‘regular’ manner gets confused with laziness, but for the player it’s relaxing, comfortable and confidence building.

My point.

I’m all for new drops of weapons, although the power of “normality” (i.e what makes players comfortable with their ability), must not be overlooked. Otherwise we tempt player confusion, lower confidence less spend.

I’m currently attached to LC-60 limited laser carbines, it took a while to become comfortable with that new weapon, but it had similarities with the old LR series, and now that is what I look for.

Therefore it’s important that the supply of a players favourite tools are available at all times for use, I value this factor above MU for a business that seeks to generate income from activity.

Sure the game can force players to use other weapons or adopt a new style or change continuously. It is risky move though if enough time is not given to adopt every new change before a new one come its way.

The game these days constantly seeks to fight against every natural human instinct, and that is compounded with other planet releases too....it’s a-wash with ever increasing new content.

Confusion will reign if not careful (it’s happening already in my opinion).

You will always have “early adopters” those that seek “the new”, but that is not the general populace.

What made old EU successful was stability most of the time. Just saying....too much, too fast is not always a good thing.

Rick

There needs to be a balance. But not only is there almost no guns in loot anymore... If one looks in AH right now, availability and markup of mid lvl L guns is way out of balance. So now everyone without nice a UL gun must go back to p5 (again)?

Anyway, it will be exciting to see what migration will bring... Hoping for the best :smoke:
MA drop those guns :yup:

Hmmmm..

I haven't checked in awhile..(Guess it's time to go check it out).Argos were dropping CB20's and CB32's and higher for awhile but that was 2 updates ago. Does anyone know if they still are? :scratch2:

Less droprate, sure higher markup, but more people looking for a gun to hunt with. In the end less people hunting.

I like to hunt with zero-six or seven but I will not pay 160% for the gun.

it seems with a lower drop rate for decent weapons, there's less available to aquire at any mu, so i agree somewhat, less ppl hunting with the right weapon for their lvl. We strive to achieve higher skills to advance in our ava's life, then were faced with chosing to aquire lower lvl weapons to hunt lower lvl mob or waiting for the right weapon for our current lvl. many ppl might chose to wait, hence, less ppl hunting. If the weapon is more eco, which results in higher mu, so be it, but atleast have the weapons available to use

Yup that's about the size of it. People saying they'd not pay 160% for a weapon... back when H400 was around it was so much better than the non-SIB options that the market was keeping them well above 160%.

The flood of UL SIBs is mostly to blame for the change in attitudes, of course, and there's no undoing that. So we have a relative trickle of (L) guns that by design are lower in tt and lower in decay with a player base unwilling to pay even the markups that were eco on the old weapons with much higher decay.

Not a good situation.

Better for whom? People with imk2's? :laugh:

I'm not sure what you are referring to in the quote. The Korss H400 is the only thing i describe as being better for someone, and it was better for everyone except those well on their way to maxing imk2 and the other uber weapons. It was a revolutionary item in PE because it was the first "powerful" sib widely available and made hunting substantially more economical for anyone not limiting themselves to an uber weapon or amped opalo.

The situation now with almost no markup in loot is not better for any particular hunters; in fact, i said the opposite. I suppose you could say it's good for crafters, but only directly. Indirectly, it impacts them too because they can't sell weapons at as high of a markup and don't have people impulse buying after a nice mu drop.

Those & ppl who skilled their ass off to get a 'small' benefit of a few % compared to those who play every now & then.

Mindark made the options: Pay ridiculous markup for a gun, (for then only to see generic loot and endless animal oil globals), or: go back again again to grinding breer p5 L or similar.
For me the options are rather: Pay ridiculous markup for a gun only to see more of that exciting generic loot, or: play another game/do something else.

What is the point in skilling up if the game is basically endless mindless grinding with the same lvl20 gun. Lvl 100 is a goal to reach? Well have fun getting there with 35dps...

I think hunters should have the possibility to hunt with guns that matches their lvl.

Another point i would like to make, all the numbers aside, dmg/sec dmg/pec etc...
All animal oil globals and generic loot? What is the FUN in that? I thought this game was also supposed to be FUN?

Since this is the suggestions/wishlist section, I suggest Mindark to drop the breer p5 cap that was partially reintroduced when all the oldnew-style guns (LRxx, HLxx etc) stopped dropping, or you may lose alot of casual mid lvl players.
I guess I disagree with MA on which of these are better for the game.

Last edited:
Oh well, I guess MA's strategy of slowly squeezing the casual mid-lvl players out of the game is working.
"Thank you for all the time and ped spent." lol
Guess I am gonna do something else for a while, gonna check back in once in a while to see if there are guns in hunting loot again.

I know I sound like a whiner, maybe I am on this subject, but I just think this game that I love(d) is going in the very wrong direction: Nice new guns: one step forward. Ridiculously low droprate: one step back. Older series guns completely removed from loot: one more step back.

I am finding this generic loot-bonanza and auctionbrowsing game less and less interesting.
Being able to loot a gun that you could go and hunt with, maybe even one that fitted your lvl, that was part of the Entropia Universe(PE) that i loved.

Back