Easily calculate total TT value in Excel

DoubleWolf

Stalker
Society
Lost Renegades
Not sure if this is the best place to post a thread like this. Seems as good as any though...

With Entropiatools going down recently, I needed a new way to calculate my inventory's total TT value. I for one don't feel like going though everything in my inventory and totaling it up by hand. It's too damn tedious for me, so I can only imagine what that task would be like for someone who's been here for a number of years...

I've found a simple way to total up everything from the "My Items" list on EU's main site. The problem before was when you copy and paste everything into Excel, every cell for the item's total included the word "PED". It makes it hard to just use the "SUM" function to total that up. Well I was able to find an equation that will get the total without having to remove the word "PED" from every cell, so now it is just a matter of copy and paste. This may seem really easy to some, but for those not quite as skilled in Excel, this is a good deal.

Simple instructions:

1. Start a new worksheet in Excel.

2. Go to entropiauniverse.com, log on to the "My Items" section and copy the entire list, starting with the "1" of the first item and ending with the location of the last item.

3. In Excel, highlight the cell you want the list to start at (A1 seems to work well ;)), right click and select "Paste Special...", then select to paste as TEXT. This will put the items into the right cells.

4. Pick the cell in the worksheet you want to use to show the total, and paste this equation:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUBSTITUTE(0&d:d," PED","")+0)

Your total inventory TT value will then be displayed in that cell.

A few things:

This formula is set to calculate EVERYTHING in the "D" column, which if you paste your list starting in the "A" column, this will be where the PED value cells will end up. If you want to use a different column, simply change the "d:d" part of the formula to whatever corresponding letter column you wish. Also, the formula will not work if there is anything in the column other than the values, so if you try to put the equation in the D column, or if you wanted to put a label on the column for instance, the values will not be calculated.

This will ONLY calculate TT values. Entropiatools was great for calculating the MU values as well, as it could have a direct link to PEAuction through the net, and until either the site comes back up or something else replaces it, you'll have to do that calculation by hand. This at least gives people a little option. And there's likely other ways to do this, but it would seem to me to be one of the quickest...

I only hope that this helps some people out and I didn't just post this here for my own amusement... :)

Last edited:
You could use the "Replace" function under the "Edit" menu in Excel.

Just replace all PED with nothing and they are gone :)

That's how I allways have done and is less fuzzy as yours where you have to write functions. Then Auto SUM works fine.

thx for sharing though.

That's how I allways have done and is less fuzzy as yours where you have to write functions. Then Auto SUM works fine.

thx for sharing though.

I suppose that gets the job done just the same. I just like a nice little formula that I can look at and not have to play around with things too much once I've pasted the info in. An alternative way to do it then?

I agree with Nirfu, that's the easiest way of doing it for me, but perhaps I just like going in and changing things ;)

I suppose that gets the job done just the same. I just like a nice little formula that I can look at and not have to play around with things too much once I've pasted the info in. An alternative way to do it then?

As usuall in the Windows word there is several ways to do the same task. Pick the one that you like. :D

when did entropiatools go down? was just about to do my monthly inventory calc :(

when did entropiatools go down? was just about to do my monthly inventory calc :(

I just noticed it today, which prompted me to go on my mad hunt for the perfect formula, when apparently there's another way to do it built into Excel... hey, I never claimed to be proficient at it... :laugh:

Domain is parked. Running a "whois" on the domain shows that the registration has expired. Anyone have any insight? Did the creator lose interest? Moving from GoDaddy?

Just wondering cuz it was such a great inventory tool.

Anyone know who was running entropiatools.com? I have a domain with unlimited space, and bandwidth if he wants to park the pages on my domain.

SpikE

You can't delete the word PED after a split-cell :dunno:

Anyone know who was running entropiatools.com? I have a domain with unlimited space, and bandwidth if he wants to park the pages on my domain.

SpikE

I'll see if i'll find Carebear ingame, he's runing entropiatools.com

What I do is insert a column after the column labelled 'value' and then use Text to columns under the data pull down menu.

Select delimited.
Click next.
Select space.
Click next.
Click finish.
Done.

The space between the number and the word PED is where excel divides the one column into two.
Then you will have a column with the numbers and a column with the word 'PED' repeated all the way down.

As Nirfu said Replace works, and it's even faster.

I also use Open office instead. It's actually much easier in open office than excel.

My motto is if there's a non microsoft product that does the same job, just say no to microsoft.:D

I tried it with excel 2003 and it didn't work.

The special past as a text will not put the values each in separate columns. But I managed to do that if I pasted the text in HTML format. The column that had the ped value in it recognized the, corectly.

Does this formula work if you have other data in the same column, like images or other text?

Does anyone know how to select only the list containing the items in Iexplorer? The problem I encounter is that once I select the first line and move the mouse down it automaticaly selects the entire page. I tried be as gentle as possible with the mouse, but the damn Iexplorer is stubborn as hell and everythime it selected the entire lower end of the page, including the pictures.

Before you jump on me to use firefox, I must warn you that I can't install firefox at work so this is the reason I ask. At home I use firefox.

Sitram

I tried it with excel 2003 and it didn't work.

The special past as a text will not put the values each in separate columns. But I managed to do that if I pasted the text in HTML format. The column that had the ped value in it recognized the, corectly.

Does this formula work if you have other data in the same column, like images or other text?

Does anyone know how to select only the list containing the items in Iexplorer? The problem I encounter is that once I select the first line and move the mouse down it automaticaly selects the entire page. I tried be as gentle as possible with the mouse, but the damn Iexplorer is stubborn as hell and everythime it selected the entire lower end of the page, including the pictures.

Before you jump on me to use firefox, I must warn you that I can't install firefox at work so this is the reason I ask. At home I use firefox.

Sitram

The Paste Special is interesting to me, because when I try to paste as HTML, it puts it all in the same cell, but selecting Unicode Text or just Text puts everything into it's own cells the way it should. I'm on Excel 2007 though. Not sure if that makes a difference...

I guess this whole thread is pointless now for the most part because Entropiatools is back up! :yay:

Yes... renewed for a couple more years

I guess I need to sift through GoDaddy's real emails from their junk mail better :rolleyes:

Site is back up.....yay!!!!

Back