Easter Mayhem 2018 Preview

So your speculation is based on previous Merry Mahem and those who attempted (and completed a run). Despite the massive amount of lag that discouraged alot of people to skip it? What about all the ones from cat 7 that would move up to cat 8? What about the ones that have leveled up since merry mayhem? What about all the ones who didn't like the idea of a batstim styled best time run and decided not to participate but will in this one since its based on points? What about all those people who decided the last MM was a waste of time and won't bother with this event? What about all those who will decide to chip in/chip out to compete?

Your speculation is pointless.

If you had read Correctly you will see i included only the people with max 2x the winning time.
That takes gear and motivation but the class mobility isnt there because a strong reason they competed like they did is because of the gun they used fitted the category.
The class mobility now wont make up for 25 serious not attending.

Lagg was fixed midd event and time was extended. So that's not a factor.

People in this thread:

"Hey lets bring up the fact that alot of people will sit out this event to prove our point"
Next post ->
"Look at the last events turnouts! See how the numbers where?"

Hmmm.. MAYBE people sat out because of the limits last event and will now participate? Funny how you use both sides of an arguement to try promote your agenda :wtg:

That would be a no, then.

So just because he cant/wont point out specific people they dont exist? Ridiculous

Last edited:
Can you point to examples of those people? I would guess they exist but that there would be very few of them. I'd be surprised if there are more than 5 people that fit that description and who would want to attempt a serious competitive attempt at this event. I'd be surprised if there was 1, really.

I was one of these people. :) Mayhem was a bad design, I will never mayhem with batsim style speed runs.

Merry mayhem I was cat 7 did one run and was done (actually stopped playing for over a month entirely), this time around I am cat 9 barely(104.76), if I stop skilling blp until mayhem, and that's with chipping out a few ESI to widen the gap some.

I will say I would be seriously considering not attempting if I were in cat 10, simply because of the points so many others have made, the major one being, the competition in that cat comes down to the most expensive gun, used with max enhancers, and broken OP stacked pills/rings. (which is still not fixed) And its usually the same setup handed off to a few people in the same group to secure the win every time, across many cats. (which is why I think this mayhem design even exists)

Its tricky, cat 10 is clearly where they spend the most on events, but they should really break it up, or come up with a way to cap weapon DPS in cat 10 (the rest are capped) to even the field, so the same setups/people don't keep winning.

I was one of these people. :) Mayhem was a bad design, I will never mayhem with batsim style speed runs.

Merry mayhem I was cat 7 did one run and was done (actually stopped playing for over a month entirely), this time around I am cat 9 barely(104.76), if I stop skilling blp until mayhem, and that's with chipping out a few ESI to widen the gap some.

I will say I would be seriously considering not attempting if I were in cat 10, simply because of the points so many others have made, the major one being, the competition in that cat comes down to the most expensive gun, used with max enhancers, and broken OP stacked pills/rings. (which is still not fixed) And its usually the same setup handed off to a few people in the same group to secure the win every time, across many cats. (which is why I think this mayhem design even exists)

Its tricky, cat 10 is clearly where they spend the most on events, but they should really break it up, or come up with a way to cap weapon DPS in cat 10 (the rest are capped) to even the field, so the same setups/people don't keep winning.

It sounds like you're in a great position then, assuming they don't rebalance the categories.

I shall be giving Cat 9 a go.

Skills - check
HP - not quite. I fall about 60 short of the cap
Peds - to compete, no...to have fun, yes
Pills - a few, but they are so yummy i don't have many left from MM :)
Rings - nothing better than Improved
Gun - whatever I can find/afford in AH (see peds comment)

Knowing all of this, I will still be going into Cat 9 to have some fun. That is the one thing that has kept me in this game for so long but seems to feature less and less in peoples motivations these days. Prizes do seem to bring out the worst in some players.

However, given the 'speculation' that almost nobody is going to bother in this category, I may be a shoe-in for a prize by just having a look around :laugh:

Ff

90% of players who complain have never placed in an event or even come close, and never will they just want an event tailor made for them or to be able to compete despite lvl 5 sweat gatherer being their highest skill, the other 10% are people whos edge has diminished due to the new #s obviously they are gonna complain but adjust to their specifications and another 10% become unhappy. You cant please everyone but this is another good step forward in event setup and as with all entropia events you dont need to win the event to win, many other routes to profit during event times.

There should be SOFT CAPS on everthing, you should be able to choose your category yourself depending on your GEAR.

only 1 category can be choosen + whatever FFA instance there is.

This would mean ALOT more ppl would join in and HAVE FUN.

Main thing is to have fun, but i dont like it when i get put in a box by MA, let me chose what box i want to fight in!

Ofc high DMG/Sec weapons can help to get into top 10 in a event, but dont u all think it's still a part of luck to doing good in such event?
I can not count (or i am to lazy) how often i was placed in top 10 with a simple ModMerc (T10, T6) sometimes without enhancers, sometimes with accuracy enhancers sometimes with dmg enhancers, A 106 or HC 204.
There are alot weapons doing alot more dmg than ModMerc, but i did beat Terminator, BL 1950, BL 1800 and so on in such pointbased events.

Luck is the key!
I guess MA can provide 20 Categories and there are still ppl complaining about it.

There should be SOFT CAPS on everthing, you should be able to choose your category yourself depending on your GEAR.

only 1 category can be choosen + whatever FFA instance there is.

This would mean ALOT more ppl would join in and HAVE FUN.

Main thing is to have fun, but i dont like it when i get put in a box by MA, let me chose what box i want to fight in!

This would be for me as well.

If higher level players competing in these lower categories is a problem , just allow us to hunt in them.

Ofc high DMG/Sec weapons can help to get into top 10 in a event, but dont u all think it's still a part of luck to doing good in such event?
I can not count (or i am to lazy) how often i was placed in top 10 with a simple ModMerc (T10, T6) sometimes without enhancers, sometimes with accuracy enhancers sometimes with dmg enhancers, A 106 or HC 204.
There are alot weapons doing alot more dmg than ModMerc, but i did beat Terminator, BL 1950, BL 1800 and so on in such pointbased events.

Luck is the key!
I guess MA can provide 20 Categories and there are still ppl complaining about it.

Actually, I think it looks pretty good, maybe some fine tuning is needed, except that people just a little into cat 10 are completely different avatars than the super ubers like yourself.

Actually, I think it looks pretty good, maybe some fine tuning is needed, except that people just a little into cat 10 are completely different avatars than the super ubers like yourself.

"If you can't hunt with the big dogs, don't get off the porch."

- Grandpa

Perhaps a cap on the lowest CAT makes sense to keep it limited to new players only, but all the others should be fully open IMO.

Because we don't need lvl 100+ with 50k$ USD in gear participating in the lower cats? Not fair to other players.

Event is going to suck a giant one anyways, I guarantee it.

Event is going to suck a giant one anyways, I guarantee it.

Not if they match DPS with prof standing lvl. I think participation in MM was decent.
Right now, the level required to use the best dps weapon in a cat, places you 3 cats above which doesn't make much sense. In MM, the DPS matched pretty well with the total HP in the instances, pretty much all winning times were around 15min mark. Well, at least I think it should make sense, better balance doesn't necessarily mean more participation, but it would suck less for some :D

Are people forced into a particular category, or can they choose a higher one if they like, i.e have skills to fit into cat 5 but choose to participate in 6 or 7 in order to use higher DPS weaponry?

Are people forced into a particular category, or can they choose a higher one if they like, i.e have skills to fit into cat 5 but choose to participate in 6 or 7 in order to use higher DPS weaponry?

as it is stated currently,

your highest combat profession determines your MINIMUM category
your base dps determines your MINIMUM category

you can always join a higher category if you choose so

10 and I will get my ass kicked by Messi, Stryker, Hulk, Grave, Sokolade, Girts, and so in :))

Since Ronny confirmed hes also category 10 ive edited my post.

Merry mayhem
Players = max 2x winning time.
Cat 10 had 15 players
Cat 9 had 17 players
Cat 8 had 29 players

Cat 9 has 16 players over lvl 105
Cat 8 has 11 players over lvl 105

Easter implication
Cat 10 now has 42 contenders
Cat 9 now has 1 contender!!
Cat 8 now has 18 contenders

Last edited:
who cares about the prizes... infinitely more important to me whether I can score mission completions or exclusive items - if I can even kill anything at all in cat 3! :rolleyes: events shouldn't be about the experience of the top 5% but about the experience of the other 95% of players in the game!!!

im curious... couldnt you just go into the defense mode, not kill any robot but instead just heal yourself all the time? or do the enemies spawn nevertheless? it sounds like if you kill a wave, the next one spawns and is stronger (similar to the neomex cave, and we all know MA loves to copy n paste). so just get a decent hps fap and auto-use tool the shit out of the fap and wait for the winning time.
only way to prevent is letting the waves spawn, no matter how many mobs are still alive. but i guess we will see...

im curious... couldnt you just go into the defense mode, not kill any robot but instead just heal yourself all the time? or do the enemies spawn nevertheless? it sounds like if you kill a wave, the next one spawns and is stronger (similar to the neomex cave, and we all know MA loves to copy n paste). so just get a decent hps fap and auto-use tool the shit out of the fap and wait for the winning time.
only way to prevent is letting the waves spawn, no matter how many mobs are still alive. but i guess we will see...

I'm guessing it's something like.. if a mob is within a certain area in the instance that they path towards while shooting at you for a certain amount of time then you lose, so because you are constantly under attack by increasingly powerful ranged mobs having a certain amount of protection will be important but only really so much as to be able to withstand the attacks of the most powerful waves of attackers that your dps will get you to if you are dpsing perfectly.

If it's done well it could very well add some good value to Armor Sets as event winners as opposed to just EST/Mod Viceroy which were the only logical choices in a competitive MM run because having peak DPS for your category meant basically just mowing everything down while lifestealing insane amounts.

Just speculating though, nobody knows for sure until we see what it looks like in game.

DPS limit for cat 4 is a bit low as highest profession is capped at <55 and dps at 74 seems a bit low i was checked ah to find a weapon to use but meh most weapons are above 74 dps if the dps could be increased to 75 or 76 i will get a lot of weapon choices :(

Also got a question for those who participated in MM this year. Is the dps limit is like 74.0 or i can use waepon upto 74.9 dps when dps limit is 74 ?

DPS limit for cat 4 is a bit low as highest profession is capped at <55 and dps at 74 seems a bit low i was checked ah to find a weapon to use but meh most weapons are above 74 dps if the dps could be increased to 75 or 76 i will get a lot of weapon choices :(

Also got a question for those who participated in MM this year. Is the dps limit is like 74.0 or i can use waepon upto 74.9 dps when dps limit is 74 ?

dps limit is 74.00

On another matter: Anyone know if easter boxes will be sold this year ? its kinda late

On another matter: Anyone know if easter boxes will be sold this year ? its kinda late

Most likely will be in loot like merry mahem, so you end up looting boxes and purchasing keys.
Some people like this, others dont....atleast there is usually some MU in the boxes.

You cant please everyone.

Ok thanks for info. didnt know. i have just returned to the game :)

Highest Combat Profession... Does this include Paramedic?

Back