Eco of Lich armour

pesa

Dominant
Society
AD
Nero Pelleman Wolf
I'm considering Lich, BUT.....

According to Entropedia's armour adviser Lich(L) gives an eco of only 1.21 Dmg/pec against Atrox Provider. Many other gives around 10 Dmg/pec.

Now that is calculated with an MU of 1000% (I wont buy it at that MU).
But even if you adjust the figures to a MU of 333% that only gives 3.6 Dmg/pec!

Other mobs like drones give very poor eco for lich also.
Did I misunderstand the figures or is lich really this un-eco ?

U know , since few days i join for a while a first level soc, u know a soc that recuperate new players, people still have not all the tp, few skills, no one with more 100 hp etcetc
It was incredible the amount of jaguard, hermes, tiger etcetc L version that they use. Actually with those armors they can hunt mobs that i was not able to hunt for 2 years in EU.
The other side of the medal is that with the low evade and dodge they get a lot of damage, they are continually hit by the mob. I guess this mean more armor decay. Moreover they not think a lot to increase the evade skill, the best armor u can hold. I still understand nothing about durability, but what i know is that those L armor on unskilled players are pumping the MA wallet for sure.
Do you want spend 1k for a linch???? there is nothing wrong in this. Just consider the option to spend 1k in chipping evade in. Maybe u will not appear so cool and maybe u will not hunt bigger mobs, but in a long run you will save a lot of ped. Guarantee!

As far as I can see it, Lich is a rather uneco armour, but on the other side, it's one of the "cheaper" pking armours, it's actually not too bad against laser weps.. IMO the markup is way too much atm, and I would really not reccomend it for regular hunting..

I still understand nothing about durability, but what i know is that those L armor on unskilled players are pumping the MA wallet for sure.

This is quite wrong, in the sense that (L) armor is the way to go.

Armors like Tiger UL, Jaguar UL, Boar UL, Bear UL, Angel UL - they are all essentially worthless now because more durable equivalents exist. Thunderbird UL is the most obvious example of something that has essentially no value now (edit: most of the parts anyway).

Forrest :)

PS Sorry for off-topic.

ohh i can loot the (L) parts too. However i could still use a UL set. :D

Yeah those figures look about right... You can expect armor to protect just over 10 dmg/PEC, and if you pay 1000% for the armor, divide your eco by 10. If you pay 300%, divide your eco by 3. If you pay 600%, divide your eco by 6. That's just how it works when you pay markup.

Armors like Tiger UL, Jaguar UL, Boar UL, Bear UL, Angel UL - they are all essentially worthless now because more durable equivalents exist. Thunderbird UL is the most obvious example of something that has essentially no value now (edit: most of the parts anyway).

PS Sorry for off-topic.

Wrong, Bear and Boar yes.. they were worthless already when there was no L. We can say tiger also because there is no difference for regular hunter beetwen jag and tig ( for mid mobs is jag enough and tiger will not save you from big ones >) ) but for example Angel ? you have like 3 L parts ingame now >D So no no more durable alternative exists yet.. time will tell.

Thanks for the replies, especially GluPlot!

Very simple explanation that also explains why rutuba has half eco of ghost; it's MU is 200% roughly.

My conclusion is that I'm only ever going to use high MU armour if I loot it.

OFF TOPIC
well like i said there is nothing wrong to use a L armors, but like for every item in EU i guess u must consider as many factors as possible. Yes the L bear, boar, linch etcetc protect you a lot, but what if u have not suff skill to use a fast gun??? u will stand in front the pkrs, mob, drone for a while before u kill it.....during this time it will hit you again and again and again (and you will pay decay decay decay). There are many threads in this forum talking about overprotecting, for example i remember some nice post explain why rascal is better then vigy to hunt little drones, and in any case when u use an armor and u choice your target u would consider your skills too.
If i need an infiltrator to kill a warrior generation 1, probably this robot is not still a god target for me.

IN TOPIC
There is also a rule well present in this forum: never pay an item more then 200%. Not sure if it s correct, but it s just some that people continue to repeat in many treads. The choice is up of you and in any case GL mate.

PS Sorry for off-topic.

I agree with your post but it has nothing to do with mine. In fact I guess those L armors finally will make a break at this crazy markup but again i was talking about skills and armor protection not about L and UL armors.

lich is crap for pk

its good for uber hunts and events, decay wise 3x3hour wofs on warlocks has decayed my set noticably but ive been using it for ALONG time and (L) armour that protects that much the eco is hardly something most people care about

lich is crap for pk

its good for uber hunts and events, decay wise 3x3hour wofs on warlocks has decayed my set noticably but ive been using it for ALONG time and (L) armour that protects that much the eco is hardly something most people care about

And you look very fetching in it big boy, the colour brings out your eyes beautifully :ahh:

Back