AmorJogo

Alpha
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
III- MaDiCh -III
Sweating

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

1. What ?

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/4/2/6/sweat2.jpg[/wrap]Sweating is a ‘profession’ colonists in Calypso can do for free. It’s a way to get some free cash to get you started in the game and to get your basic skills up a bit. Basically by sweating a creature, you extract his sweat (random amount from 1 to 22) into your inventory. Later, you can sell that sweat to more experienced colonists because they can make MindEssence from it (used for all sorts of magic).

2. Where ?

Where to sweat is really important. You could go sweating on Exa beach (Amethera), but that will get you more killed as anything else… So it’s better to choose a location where you find low-leveled animals just waiting to get dry…

I always prefer sweating at:
  • Fort Argus(15195, 23530): Exa young-mature and snables
  • East Scylla Mountains(13812, 9114): Exa young-old, snables and combibo young-old
  • Port Atlantis(6055, 8442): Exa young-mature, Daikiba young-mature, Combibo young-old, Bery young-mature
  • Fort troy(13454, 3962): Exa young-old, Daikiba young-mature, Snables

Those locations are best known for their easy animals and their extras…

Those extras can be:
  • Turret nearby (so if you get into trouble, you could get your animals killed easily)
  • River/water pond nearby (same reason, animals drown in water)
  • Revival terminal nearby
  • Lots of ubers there (they can heal/focus you)

3. How ?

Sweating is something a new player or non-depositor does for an extremely long time before switching to another profession. Since it’s so boring, I’ve made some hints, tactiques that can make it less boring and more profitable.

3.1 Tactiques

3.1.1 Solo sweating
As a solo sweater, it’s important not to wear your armor. You’ll die faster, but it won’t cost you any decay. Second of all you may find it useful not to run when an animal attacks you. I experienced that running away will only cost you time… If you do not run, you’ll die but you’ll have some more sweating time and you’ll get experience (evade, agility etc.). Also, as a beginner, it is really important to choose the right target to sweat. I always prefer Exarosaur young – mature. Do not sweat berycled or daikiba in the beginning if you have a choice. Their relative output of sweat is limited compared to the exa’s. And last but not least, sweating alone is boring, so find some good music and relax.

3.1.2 Team sweating
Team sweating is a lot better than solo sweating. To sweat in a team, just go to fort troy, head north, and ask some people if you can join them. Sweating will go far much better, because you will not die as easy (more targets an animal can choose from), the animal gets killed after it’s dry and you can get focused/healed by your teammates. Ofcourse you’ll need someone with MF (mindforce), a gun and a fap.
This is were I’d like to use a new term: “power sweating”. Power sweating is a form of team sweating where all team members use their combined forces to reach better sweating-results.
This means: a hurt team member gets healed, a dry animal gets killed (so it won’t chase you no more), and all team members are focused (if possible). You’ll see that your results will increase a lot !
Now in team there are several tactiques you can use, however the most important one is the ‘circle formation’. In the circle formation everyone stands around the animal in a circle and starts to sweat. If a teammember is attacked, he won’t move, but stands still, if his health would be critical he’ll get healed or the animal gets killed. After the animal hasn’t got any sweat anymore, someone yells “dry” in team chat and the animal gets shot and you go to the next animal. Easy, right ?
One last remark though, even in team sweating I would not advise the usage of armor. You’ll die slower anyway, because the animal can choose from multiple targets, so don’t loose money on decay, not just yet !

4. What to do with your sweat

4.1 Selling

To sell sweat, you’ll need 1k (1000) or more sweat. Do not sell lower amounts, because then you’ll loose too much time at the tp’s yelling for nothing. As you probably know, the price of sweat is very low at the moment, because it used to be 4 pecs per bottle (or even more). However… the price of sweat is variable from time to time, usually it's linked to the price of force nexus. You sell your sweat by standing near a tp and telling them what you are selling. Example: “Selling 1k sweat @ 1.0 @ tp”. Now just wait and hope someone shows up… If someone does show up, ask him if you can add him as your friend, to sell him more sweat. That way you’ll get yourself a buyer and you won’t loose any more time yelling at the tp’s.
Lately, it might even be interesting selling your sweat at a lower price Because that way you won’t spend half an hour selling your sweat. In the time you win here, you can sweat some more and make up for your loss of selling at a lower price, the choice is completely up to you !
To help you a bit, these places are popular for selling sweat:
  • Port Atlantis (6055, 8442)
  • Fort Troy (13454, 3962)
  • Twin Peaks (17033, 8092)

4.2 Refining sweat to ME

If you aren't planning on selling your sweat, or if you can't find a buyer, it might be interesting to refine your sweat. To refine your sweat to ME (MindEssence) you'll need the same amount of force nexus. You can mine the Force Nexus yourself or buy it from a miner/auction. Once you have the force nexus, buy yourself an energy refiner, equip it and drag both sweat and force nexus to the screen to refine both into ME.
ME can then be used OR sold... This could be a way to get rid of your sweat faster...

Example:
You sweated 1000 bottles of vibrant sweat. You decide to make ME of it, so you need to buy 1000 force nexus. In the next step you buy yourself an energy refiner to make yourself 1000 ME.
1000 sweat + 1000 force nexus = 1000 ME

[wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/4/2/6/sweat2.jpg[/wrap][wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/4/2/6/forcenexus.png[/wrap][wrap=left]https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/1/1/4/2/6/ME.jpg[/wrap]​

5. Amount of succesfull sweating attempts

The amount of succesfull sweating attempt varies from animal to animal, the tougher an animal is, the more successes you can get from it. However not all mobs (mobile objects) are sweatable, for instance bots are not sweatable.
The formula to calculate the amount of succesfull attempts per animal is as follows: successes = (stamina animal) / 2
NOTE: this formula is not correct on all collected data, but in 80% of the animals it's accurate !

To give you an idea (list thanks to Akbar):

• Allophyl Young : 13
  • Allophyl Mature : 16
  • Allophyl Old : 19
  • Allophyl Provider : 21
  • Allophyl Guardian : 25
  • Allophyl Dominant : 27
  • Allophyl Alpha : 29
  • Armax Bull Young : 19
  • Armax Cow Young : 11
  • Armax Cow Mature : 14
  • Atrax Old : 18
  • Atrox Young : 18
  • Atrox Mature : 19
  • Berycled Young : 5
  • Berycled Mature : 8
  • Berycled Old : 10
  • Berycled Provider : 11
  • Berycled Guardian : 14
  • Bristlehog Young : 13
  • Bristlehog Old : 16
  • Caudatergus Young : 4
  • Caudatergus Provider : 7
  • Cersumon Young : 37
  • Chirpy Young : 1
  • Chirpy Mature : 2
  • Chirpy Old : 2
  • Chirpy Provider : 2
  • Chirpy Guardian : 3
  • Cornundacauda Mature : 9
  • Cornundacauda Old : 10
  • Cornundacauda Provider : 10
  • Cornundos Young : 5
  • Cornundos Old : 7
  • Combibo Young : 4
  • Combibo Mature : 6
  • Combibo Old : 5
  • Combibo Provider : 6
  • Daikiba Young : 2
  • Daikiba Mature : 4
  • Daikiba Old : 5
  • Daikiba Provider : 6
  • Daikiba Guardian : 9
  • Diripi Young : 2
  • Diripi Mature : 2
  • Diripi Old : 3
  • Equus Young : 13
  • Equus Old : 16
  • Exarosaur Young : 3
  • Exarosaur Mature : 3
  • Exarosaur Old : 4
  • Exarosaur Provider : 6
  • Exarosaur Guardian : 7
  • Exarosaur Dominant : 8
  • Exarosaur Old Alpha : 9
  • Exarosaur Prowler : 10
  • Exarosaur Stalker : 10
  • Estophyl Old : 26
  • Faucervix Young : 5
  • Faucervix Mature : 6
  • Faucervix Old : 8
  • Gradivore Young : 5
  • Gradivore Mature : 6
  • Gokibusagi Mature : 16
  • Hyriuu Guardian : 15
  • Longu Young : 15
  • Longu Mature : 19
  • Mermoth Young : 15
  • Merp Young : 3
  • Merp Mature : 4
  • Merp Old : 5
  • Merp Provider : 6
  • Merp Guardian : 7
  • Molisk Young : 8
  • Molisk Adult : 11
  • Molisk Scout : 13
  • Molisk Gatherer : 17
  • Molisk Guardian : 18
  • Morsusilex Young : 9
  • Morsusilex Old : 15
  • Plumatergus Young : 2
  • Plumatergus Old : 4
  • Plumatergus Provider : 5
  • Prancer Young : 4
  • Prancer Old : 7
  • Prancer Provider : 9
  • Prancer Guardian : 11
  • RipperSnapper Young : 2
  • RipperSnapper Mature : 4
  • Repesilex Old : 8
  • Snablesnot-Male Young : 1
  • Snablesnot-Male Old : 2
  • Snablesnot-Male Provider : 3
  • Snablesnot-Male Guardian : 4
  • Snablesnot-Male Dominant : 5
  • Snablesnot-Female Old : 4
  • Snarg Young : 15
  • Snarg Mature : 18
  • SnarkSnot Young : 4
  • SnarkSnot Mature : 5
  • SnarkSnot Old : 5
  • SnarkSnot Provider : 6
  • Tantardion Young : 26
  • Tantardion Old : 30
  • Tantillion Mature : 3
  • Tantillion Old : 4
  • Trilomite Alpha : 21
  • Tripudion Young : 7
  • Turp Young : 1
  • Turp Mature : 2
  • Turp Old : 2
  • Turp Provider : 2
  • Turp Guardian : 3

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this but I think that I read about it in the forum somewhere (yes, I tried to search for it but I couldn't find the thread anymore):

The amount of successfull sweating attempts is related to the damage a mob can do. And there's some sort of formula for this. Meaning: if you have a life-scanner you can check for pulls before you start sweating and thus save time and your health.

But don't read this the wrong way: The amount of pulls is the same for all mobs of one race and one maturity level. Higher maturity means the same or more pulls.

I'm not sure about this but I think that I read about it in the forum somewhere (yes, I tried to search for it but I couldn't find the thread anymore):

The amount of successfull sweating attempts is related to the damage a mob can do. And there's some sort of formula for this. Meaning: if you have a life-scanner you can check for pulls before you start sweating and thus save time and your health.

But don't read this the wrong way: The amount of pulls is the same for all mobs of one race and one maturity level. Higher maturity means the same or more pulls.
the max attempts of a mob are related to his HP, since HP is related to the stamina, the max attempts of sweat is stamina divided by 2 if I'm not mistaken

I knew that, however i did not enter this in my guide since most people won't be using that formula...

However, since you've mentioned it, I'll add it to the guide...

Thanx

I think you have a pretty good guide. one thing I really liked was that you avoided using "message slang" like "lol", "prolly", and "afaik". you did slip up once and said "mob" without defining what it was ("mobile object"). you might consider replacing "mob" with "animal" as only animals can be sweated (robots and mutants cannot). personally, I prefer the word "creature" to "mob" because everyone knows what that means.

there is only one part that bothers me: the section on selling. prices move and by putting them in you date your work. also, suggesting that there is a minimum price is subjective and a good guides are objective.

a simple fix for this might be to replace the selling section with a "what to do with your sweat" section. to start, you probably want to mention that sweat actually does have a terminal value - it's just very small. you could then mention that you can sell sweat on the street (because it doesn't work on the auction). this is normally to a trader who is accumulating a large amount for margin sale or for the manufacture of ME. I'd mention that manufacturing ME is a viable option for the neophyte. they only need to find someone to trade for nexus - and buy an energy refiner. this way they can sell the finished product and avoid the middleman margins. finally, you might want to mention that they could even keep all the ME for themselves and continue to train mindforce. the choices are up to them.

anyway, nice effort.

Thx man,

those are very usefull hints, I've edited my guide already !
However I'll have to work out a ME part too, but I'll start working on that as soon as i finish this post ;)

Thx and good luck !

Very nice guide! It has some information I have not seen in any other guide (such as the max pulls from a creature), also your list of locations to sweat is top-notch. +rep.

One thing you might want to check out... the second "click to enlarge..." image does not enlarge at all.

Yes, you have a lot here that mirrors what I teach (with the exception below).

I would add a comment on the circle formation mentioned. The person getting attacked by the mob has a tendency to continue sweating. This is a mistake and should be discouraged. It is far more efficient to STOP EVERYTHING, including sweating. This way, the mob tends to move on to someone else, and the formerly attacked person can begin again. With 5 or more people, this means much less time spent running, dying, healing, and returning to the scene of the crime.

What I recommend is -- patience. Don't sweat faster, sweat smarter. Rushing into things only slows the overall effort down.

:revive:

Wise wom your gwave.

Since I'm back now, I will take your hints into consideration and update my guide...

Thanks for all the efforts and don't forget to check out my Charity Program ;)

Greetz

hehe.......kwl......how did u manage to write so much about sweatin lmao ;)

Nice post. Few things though......

1) Places: All the Atlas' TPs. Especially Atlas North; the revive, TP & turret are about 20m apart. Swamp Camp: Lots of healers & focusers.
2) Selling: Explain the "SELLING @ 1.0" means. Also the minimums they should not go under when selling.

Good guide, a bit more adapted to the game than Alice's one ...

anyway "SELLING @ 1.0" . . . 0.6 is like winning the lottery nowadays . . .

Back