Entropedia!!!!

Status

Falcu

Old
Society
Skillin' Villains
Falc Funkroma Roma
Fix it please :)

i agree ...please, i want it back online again..:)

im getting same error here

quote error follows

Oops... something went wrong

The error has been logged and will hopefully be fixed soon. You may try to use the other functions of the site until the error is fixed. We are sorry for any inconveniences. Please file a bug report in the Bugs section if the error persists, or contact the admin at support@entropiawiki.com

:eek:

Fix it asap please!

fix it please, I keep have to use the old site at entropiadirectory.com ....

The administrator of Entropedia (Witte) is on holiday for several weeks. He asked me to keep an eye on the site, which is hosted on my EntropiaRadio server.

It seems the database has somehow become corrupted. I will try to repair the corrupt tables. However, because of the corrupted tables, the automated database backups also failed, and the last 'good' backup of the DB is from August 25.

If repairing the tables does not get the site working again, I will need to roll back the database to the manual backup made by Witte on Aug. 25th.

Unfortunately, reverting to several different backup versions of the database has not solved the issue. All the data is there, but it seems that some configuration setting in the site scripts is causing the error messages. :(

I am no expert with .NET or .asp, which entropedia wiki is coded in (all of my sites run on Linux/PHP/MySQL). Thus, I am reluctant to fiddle too much since Witte is the coder and admin of the site, but I will continue to try getting Entropedia up and running.

Hopefully Witte will check in on things soon, and he can take a look and get everything working properly again.

Damn, this is bad news and terrible timing :(

Do we know when Witte is going to be back?

What an incredibly convenient coincidence ;)

What an incredibly convenient coincidence ;)

Convenient for who?

I can assure you that Witte certainly would not want the Entropedia site unavailable to the community at any time, and certainly not during such an exciting period when so many new items and locations are being discovered.

I am also sure that if he could be contacted and made aware of the current problems with the site, that he would interrupt his vacation to get Entropedia wiki operational again.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was? :confused:

Convenient for who?

I can assure you that Witte certainly would not want the Entropedia site unavailable to the community at any time, and certainly not during such an exciting period when so many new items and locations are being discovered.

I am also sure that if he could be contacted and made aware of the current problems with the site, that he would interrupt his vacation to get Entropedia wiki operational again.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was? :confused:

C'mon 711.... You know perfectly well that 1+1=4 but you continue to refuse to admit it... Do I need to spell it out for you?....

A) Witte mysteriously "disappears"....
B) Entropedia goes down....
C) Falcu needed to get onto the site....

It's obviously a conspiracy to keep Falcu from obtaining the vital information that he needs to loot that SGA Mod Fap and increase the odds that an "uber" with a photographic memory of the entire entropedia site can swoop in and loot it.... I'm stunned that you couldn't see the connections here... Also, while we're on the topic, I was reviewing the Zapruder film yesterday (as I do on a weekly basis just in case I notice something new....) and I could swear that I saw you ducking behind the fence on the grassy knoll....

I'm not going to even start on the time that I saw Marco step into frame during the faked moon landings....

:rolleyes:

Witte hates Falcu....? :scratch2:
But why can´t I use Entropedia either.... :eek:

Unfortunately, reverting to several different backup versions of the database has not solved the issue. All the data is there, but it seems that some configuration setting in the site scripts is causing the error messages. :(

I am no expert with .NET or .asp, which entropedia wiki is coded in (all of my sites run on Linux/PHP/MySQL). Thus, I am reluctant to fiddle too much since Witte is the coder and admin of the site, but I will continue to try getting Entropedia up and running.

Hopefully Witte will check in on things soon, and he can take a look and get everything working properly again.

Gotta learn .NET .asap (get it:D )

Ok no time for jokes

well it's true that this problem affects the community a lot.

please come back Witte, we need you !

Well, that's gonna be a nice comeback from his vacation...immidiate action recquired :silly2:
Pitty my expertise only is at fiels ,of php/MySQL too.
Hope it gets fixed soon...

I know quite a big of how to get things rolling, but who would want a Xzion in their coding? And yet, probly not enugh for Entropedia. :(

Hope it gets back up soon. :)

*bump* for an update, 711?

Something that might help.

Searching for the partial name of an item returns results however searching for the exact name does not.

For example: If you want to find a Mod Merc search for "Mod" and you can see the basic stats from the results that are returned. If you search for its exact name you'll just get the DB error.

It obviously only shows the basic stats of an item but it may help some people :)

I was just being sarcastic people, not promoting some moronic conspiracy. It was more of a commentary on the inconvenient timing of the site going down due to frustration since it is badly needed during this event.

I'll remove my tinfoil hat now.

It should have read "what an incredibly INconvenient coincedence."

Last edited:
Maybe see if the EntropiaTracker guys can have a look into it? Their systems are all ASP :D

Great news 711 and thank you :)

Guess thats a reminder to donate a bit for wiki when Witte is back and it is up again :D

I'll send Witte a text saying that Entropedia is down and in desperate need of his attention and that you all can't wait for him to come back ASAP...and I'll tell him to enjoy his holiday ;)

Oh c'mon let the man enjoy his holiday.

I need it like hell.

But tell him to enjoy its cocktail, is ok.

Nah, no rush.

Sunny, there, beach?

Not like we're desperate or something.

Not much.

Bet he enjoys doing nothing.

But we'll handle the situation, no problems. I think.

Status
Back