Info: Entropia Demographics (gender)

Luchomucho

Guardian
Society
Dark Matter
Lucho MUCHO Ireton
I was currious about the gender distribution of entropia players.
Instead of doing a poll, i've taken the information of all users on EntropiaForum.

Almost half of the user have a undisclosed gender... But the other half is enough to get same interesting data (although nothing very surprising):

(Real Gender/Entropia Gender)
Male/Male 5866
Female/Male 15
Male/Female 730
Female/Female 901

Here's a few graphs:
gendergraphs_480058.jpg

The top two is the relation between Real Gender & Entropia Gender, as expected there are more males than females.

So for every real female there is 7.2 real males.
And for every entropia female there is 3.3 entropia males.

The left bottom one means that if you see a male avatar there's 99.7% chance that it's a real male, and the right bottom one means that if you see a female avatar there's only 55% chance that it's a real female.

So watch out when you talk with a female avatar, half of the time there is a male behind the screen. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for interesting numbers.

So watch out when you talk with a female avatar, half of the time there is a male behind the screen. ;)

Guess its rather more then just half the time, i would say 95% of the time its an old dude and not an female your talking to! ;)

I love charts and numbers :). Good work!

Guess its rather more then just half the time, i would say 95% of the time its an old dude and not an female your talking to! ;)

Not sure about this. I my soc, more than half of the female avatars are actually RL women. Doing a quick math.. ~66%.

I love charts and numbers :). Good work!

Not sure about this. I my soc, more than half of the female avatars are actually RL women. Doing a quick math.. ~66%.

Yeah in my soc its pretty much 66% are really men so one soc isn't enough to get an accurate figure from.

The female avatars with a somewhat voluptuous body and/or hardly any clothes on or wearing clothes coloured with a colour similar to their body colour are most likely guys ;).

That's not meant to be sexistic or anything but it's more or less the conclusion of personal experience.

Are You A G.I.R.L.? (Guy In Real Life)

This charts prove, that EU is the most gay game ever :)

Nice work, but IMO the EF information aren't much more accurate than a poll.

My guess is:
- 99% of players are guys,
- 5% of female avatars are girls,
- 50% of female avatars saying they are girls are guys who lie.

You kinda defeat yourself :)

In a poll you can as easily lie as say the truth. Yet if you make a profile, stating that you're a girl IRL ppl will refer to you as a girl constantly, which could drive one nuts. (Except if he's gay!)

Besides. Count how many ppl on EF are declared as:
- both F in IRL and EU
- M in IRL, F in EU
- F in IRL, M in EU ( :) )

<--- I'm a guy irl

and yes I'd hit it, its better then following man booty when I'm playing :laugh:

I know most guys who play male avatars do so as a extension of themselves, same with chickies who play chicks.

Most guys who play chicks do so for the ass, and bouncy factor ;)
Chicks who play men are just good to go for the seam reasons "ish".

I know most guys who play male avatars do so as a extension of themselves, same with chickies who play chicks.

I agree, it is cool to have the ability to create an avatar as an extension of your RL self, and as stated many do that.

However, like you I'm in the mindset that if you're gonna be involved in a "fantasy" world, having the ability to be creative, inventive, and "different" with your avatar is an important aspect of any MMORPG.

If that means a male playing a female avatar, so be it. :D

Back