FYI: Entropia pocket is not compatible with newer androids

Msturlese

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Marco Killy Stur
I changed my mobile phone (yes i am dumb the old fell off my pocket while on scooter and a truck passed on it)

As i was reinstalling all the apps i need i discovered that

"entropia pocket" (the Authenticator) is not working with android 13.

i reported the issue to MA via a support and due to the fact that this impact login of users
i suppose that will be addressed in a decent amount of time.

Yeah, its a piece of shit, much like the game itself. 😂

Yup, you can use this method below to switch to authy or a similar app:

Yes, this work good, one app for any 2fa "games, email, websites..etc"

Wow, I didn't realize this was an option! I can finally ditch the shit eu app and use a real authenticator like yubi - this is awesome

Motorola e13 bought this week
google play says "this app was designed for a older version of android"
and refuses to install.

I faced this problem, the solution was to download the app from a site other than google.

I have a tmobile sidekick that runs entropia pocket just fine. What's the worst thing that could happen?

Apparently if you had it on your phone prior to the lastest android version it will still work fine, its downloading it onto new devices thats the issue.

Apparently if you had it on your phone prior to the fastest android version it will still work fine, its downloading it onto new devices thats the issue.
You could probably install directly the APK if Entropia made it available. :rolleyes:

I had the same issue when I got my new android 13 phone, what I did to workaround this, I simply generate new QR on my entropia account, decode that QR code ( for me worked my camera app ) resulting in some kind of link with numbers in the middle and manually added those numbers to my google authenticator app as new 2FA using the "enter a setup key" option. Works perfectly

They could get rid of the crappy pocket app and give Authenticator friendly QR.

I switched to Authy. So far no issues, even when switching phones.

Thank you to everyone and in special mode to Svarog...
i followed the proposed steps and my G-authenticator now generates an Entropia Code.
being this a standardized OTP i would much more see G- or MS- authenticators directly
linked to EU, at least they update their app constantly
case closed..... somehow

Back