What features would you like?

• Total voters

Tussi

Prowler
Society
Cool
Tusalda Tussi Grenwin
Hello @all,

since my OCR code is now part of Entropia Tracker and will be released to the general public in a short time (so that interested people can run it in the background to help feed globals to the database so we have relieable 24/7 coverage) i'm quite curious (even more as usual) about what feature you as a potential user would like to see added to it (so hopefully many people have additional incentives to run the tool).

So here are some proposals of what i could add next:

It's Me
Find the team window, extract the team name and inform Entropiatracker that you currently are a member of that team - so that team entries can be linked to avatars automatically.

Bullets in the Sky, no damage
Get a grip on tool usage (through detection of what tool is currently reloading) and comparing that to damage inflicted lines in chat - this would give real hit and critical % and could give some hard evidence that there is a bug/feature that decreases your hitrate at times... plus nice data for average damage.

Dude, where's my health
Same as before, but for FAPs - so that you'll have a total number of usages (and total number of times healed with total and average health received) that you can compare to the decay of your FAP to know if it decayed without giving health.

Operation Census
An addon which will be on the lookout for avatars and report them as seen to a central database - this could give a better answer to the question about the total population as the attempts with extrapolation from global data (mainly for dual-core users because it would be quite CPU-intensive).

Digging deeper
Get a grip on mines and probes dropped compared to 'you claimed a resource' - no clue what that may be good for but someone may want it.

Mirror Mirror
Sampling the Avatar Skills and Professions windows - for feeding into Entropedia or chipping optimizer (or dumping them into a spreadsheet).

Skilling around
Sampling skillgain lines and set them in relation to tool usage.

Waidmanns heil
Find out how much (and what) mobs you have wasted (not sure if that's possible in a 100% reliable way, but 99% should be doable in case you off them one-by-one).

Loot-O-Matic
Loot logger for team hunts with the option to balance globals and item finds among team members (for people like me and friends who play damage stack share and split items and globals evenly).

Treasure Map
Mapping Claims a`la NRF (long term project because of more coding to do)

Your suggestion here
Since i'm a humble human i can't think of everything - please post your idea.

Happy commenting,

Tussi

First 4 would be most useful and great in my opinion:)

Those are some great idea's! I have got an idea myself too, less usefull but here it goes:

What about an Avatar Positioning System (mainly a GPS)
For example
The OCR program could hit the P on your keyboard once in a while to bring up your coordinates in chat which he supplies to one big database stored online. The user could choose to share this information with his soc or a couple of friends etc.
This way people could have maps running while playing which are updated every 2 minutes? Which show where their friends are at that moment.

Now I don't know if such a map would only be visible in windowed mode placed alongside the window, or that some sort of "lay over the game" map is possible too..

Nonetheless this will be a lot of work, perhaps impossible, but I thought it was a nice idea to share ;).

EDIT: I just found an older thread here on EF where I mainly got this idea from. I don't know what happened to the "launch" of this program as described in that thread but it sure could have been a nice program.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...372-entropia-universe-gps-about-time-too.html

Last edited:
Against EULA, srry that would ruin the whole loottracker :mad:

Hmm true, but perhaps there are alternative ways to retrieve position info.

But hey I don't want hijack this thread so we'd better stay on topic ;)

if it's nrf you gonna code later on tussi talk to me plz :D

i want a bit more advanced features for it in that case ;P

The OCR program could hit the P on your keyboard once in a while to bring up your coordinates in chat which he supplies to one big database stored online.
Nice idea, except that my code will never contain any code to read the keybord or inject keyboard or mouse events into EU.

But doable in case the users press p by themselves on a regular basis.

Tussi

Already all out-of-ideas?

B.U.M.P.

Tussi

why don't you start with what the site really needs?

.................................A DISCLAIMER.................................

This site is to be used for entertainment purposes only.

We apologize to anyone who has intentions of trying to extract at this time any "useful data" as our screen capturing program currently is still under development and as such is only 50% reliable, ........... if that.

We apologize to anyone who is not getting their globals and hof's recorded.

We are constantly attempting to improve the problem and request your patience and understanding as this task is very complex and time consuming.

.................................A DISCLAIMER.................................

This site is to be used for entertainment purposes only.

We apologize to anyone who has intentions of trying to extract at this time any "useful data" as our screen capturing program currently is still under development and as such is only 50% reliable, ........... if that.

We apologize to anyone who is not getting their globals and hof's recorded.

We are constantly attempting to improve the problem and request your patience and understanding as this task is very complex and time consuming.

Thanks for the hint, a note will be posted shortly.

Nevertheless - any other ideas out there?

Tussi

Wow, all of the features are welcome, just make a possibility turn them on/off :)
One thing to add could be for crafting, so that it tracks the success/failure/near succes and the current QR & BP.

Your ideas are great if you can implement them!

My advice is to start coding as soon as possible and release an initial version. This way you can gather more feedback about the software from all the ppl that will use it, correct the problems and in parralel you can concentrate on adding new features.

A feed-back pannel i think it will be useful, since it will allow you to centralize all the new ideas or bug reports on your server and not use EF where there is harder imo to gather them

Great job!:yay:

If you use sounds.... pls make a option to turn then off and to store these settings somwere. I sometimes scare my sleepy cat when I use chipping optimizer and forget to turn down the volume on my speakers.

I really don't want to start taking my cat to a psyhiatrist... it will hurt my EU buget alot lol:laugh:

Wow, all of the features are welcome, just make a possibility turn them on/off :)
Sure, most features (at least the expensive ones, processing wise) will be configureable.
What is likely to be on all the time will be the global logger though.

One thing to add could be for crafting, so that it tracks the success/failure/near succes and the current QR & BP.
Since i don't craft it would be very helpfull if you could provide me with screenshots (.PNG, not resized, fullscreen, no AA, w2k compatible mode).

My advice is to start coding as soon as possible and release an initial version. This way you can gather more feedback about the software from all the ppl that will use it, correct the problems and in parralel you can concentrate on adding new features.
This thread is intended as a test baloon - because in case i would have gotten a we don't care type feedback i would have cut all corners till they're round and just made an ugly, but working FORMEN type of hack (fix-once, read-maybe, extend-never).

Last night was productive, the logs hint that the grabbing and OCRing works charming now... sadly something is wrong with the network code so that the link to the server dies for some reason - but starfinder and me are confident that we'll figure that out tonight or tomorrow.

A feed-back pannel i think it will be useful, since it will allow you to centralize all the new ideas or bug reports on your server and not use EF where there is harder imo to gather them
Maybe.
Hadn't thought in that direction because it was originally intended to just run in the background in a why do a gui for something you'll never see anyway? style.

If you use sounds.... pls make a option to turn then off and to store these settings somwere. I sometimes scare my sleepy cat when I use chipping optimizer and forget to turn down the volume on my speakers.
Sure. Settings will persisted in some way.

Thanks so far - please feel free to bring them on!

Tussi

Since i don't craft it would be very helpfull if you could provide me with screenshots (.PNG, not resized, fullscreen, no AA, w2k compatible mode).
Sorry, absolutely no peds atm. so i can't get any materials, maybe someone else might be of help. :)

Sorry, absolutely no peds atm. so i can't get any materials, maybe someone else might be of help. :)

At the moment I have plenty of stuff on my todo-list anyway, so no hurry - just send some over when you craft next time.

Tussi

Will you make your OCR open source ?

i voted "bullets in the sky...."

it would be great to have a reliable way of counting missed shots and average damage. it would help to 1) determine the influence of attachments in weapons and 2) maybe, help narrow down the causes for some of the huge amounts of missed shots that some players get regularly.

i usually get around 20-25% missed shots with maxed weapons. hunting with a soc mate, both of us using amped hl6, he using a103, me using a104, and he outdamages me everytime :mad: i'd love to find out the reason for that.

Back