Entropia Universe economy model in Wall Street Journal

Activity keeps picking up. Christian Bjorkman, MindArk's chief marketing officer, says Entropia has recently sold five commercial banking licenses for $320,000 each.
RECENTLY?

Yeah, and how are those "banks" working out, anyways?

RECENTLY?

Yeah, and how are those "banks" working out, anyways?

The reason that the banks aren't working out is not just MAs fault. It take time and energy to run a bank ,just like any other business, which I dare say the investors didn't count on. Just give me job of managing any of the ingame banks and I assure you I will make it work, though it may not be a goldmine.

Regarding the article, I'm quite happy to see word is getting out little by little.

We apparently have 200 000 players, and our in game currency is the Pred?

Lol nice :laugh:

Still, not a bad article.

I guess the author never played Entropia

Uhh... "Such a currency peg" & "The peg also ..." is totally OK. One currency being pegged to another means that the exchange rate is fixed. Their are not saying the currency is called 'peg' in those sentences.

And it would be interesting to know whom the banking licenses were sold, and for which planets, if these were recent sales.

Activity keeps picking up. Christian Bjorkman, MindArk's chief marketing officer, says Entropia has recently sold five commercial banking licenses for $320,000 each.

Lol @ Recently.

And how did that work out for all the investors by the way... :rolleyes:

Yeah I realize I posted almost the exact thing as doublewolf.. oops.

Yeah I realize I posted almost the exact thing as doublewolf.. oops.

:lolup: I thought that was funny

I'm always glad when word gets out about the game, but I just wish they would get their information correct. However, this isn't a fault of the WSJ. This is Mr. Bjorkman's fault for promoting MA's past achievements as recent ones. It's a little bit dishonest, and if they are willing to be dishonest in stories like this one... :scratch:

The reason that the banks aren't working out is not just MAs fault. It take time and energy to run a bank ,just like any other business, which I dare say the investors didn't count on. Just give me job of managing any of the ingame banks and I assure you I will make it work, though it may not be a goldmine.

just whose fault is it that:
  • the banks have little utility for majority of player base. or for the owners.
  • the banks were sold for so much, with absolutly no care for who purchased (one never even opened)
  • there was a massive funding requirement, limiting further the range of players who could afford.
  • the funding requirement was only claim the deed and could later be withdrawn, leaving unfunded banks

they saw an avatar making a good income from a simple idea and thought they would turn it into a game content with a massive pay back. if they had created a simple, shop sized pawn shop (which is all they are anyway) that was accessible to dozens, even hundreds of avatars then you and others might have been able to have a go, and the lack of utility would be masked by competition to offer decent loans.

i find the article concerning, it seems poorly researched with basic factual errors, or was the result of dishonest information from MA. for example, the banks are not "commercial", and i dont recall they sold for 320k each.

Fat cats Journal ...
yeh sell your real life house and invest in EU , it is the new booming economy, work on your avatar and you will be cool
it cant go bad or bankrubt hhehehehehe

These predzels are making me thirsty :laugh:

Fat cats Journal ...
yeh sell your real life house and invest in EU , it is the new booming economy, work on your avatar and you will be cool
it cant go bad or bankrubt hhehehehehe

Correction, it can't go bad for MA and thus me if people start investing everything they own in EU. I'm all for it :D

Nice to see EU in some popular magazines, would be nice if they did small amount of research like the "pred", always nice to depo to get the pred, i hear its worth several hundred in USD. :woot: Either MA lied or some more banks sold that i havent heard about :scratch2:

Back