Entropia Universe Receives $2.5 Million Dollars From One Investor in Planet Calypso Citizenship System

Dependant on the Voting system .....this anon person could POTENTIALLY have just a little too much power for a independent/group.

My questions now becomes....

what will be the degree of "voters rights"

and MORE importantly (dependent on what can be voted for),

what regulations are in place to prevent abuse/manipulation/insider knowledge, etc. Clearly this guy/group has a advantage of tipping the scales....what measures are in place to prevent him/her or others from selling their votes or secretly buying up low end properties/land area's etc and then voting in for massive improvements on those area's and upping their investment while no one else knew what they were planning.

So MA, hope you guys did some forward thinking on this and put effective safeguards in, cause it CAN happen. But all just depends on what regulations are in pace and the degree of affect votes can have....cause this can happen even on the lower end voters with a bit more organisation.

my2pecs

Google made just shy of $40Billion in revenue, their main source of income is from ads. no clicky, no money. you probably need to rethink.

Just because google makes money from MA buying the ads, doesn't mean that people are going to click on MA's ads. How do you conclude the two are inter-related?

Example: Someone buys $2m worth of ad-space, and gets NO clicks. Google still gets the $2m.

You probably need to re-think.

Just because google makes money from MA buying the ads, doesn't mean that people are going to click on MA's ads. How do you conclude the two are inter-related?

Example: Someone buys $2m worth of ad-space, and gets NO clicks. Google still gets the $2m.

You probably need to re-think.

You don't know how Google adds work.
$2m worth of Google adds are probably 10 000 000 clicks and 1 000 000 000 add impressions.

How adwords works

and seriously ... google has a traffic estimator for traffic. For the keyword "mmorpg" and cpc cost of $1, it estimates ad position of 1.24, around 926 clicks and a daily cost of $926. Of course, you can actually limit your daily spending, so for $400, approximately 400 will happen. The cost will potentially vary on every click.

now, if your keyword was "scifi mmorpg", your daily cost would probably be around a $1 a day. Because nobody searches for that. Hmm... maybe i should buy it and direct it to Calypso.

"virtual world" is not cheap, then again, pennmush ad pops up for it? i didn't think anybody even remembered that existed...

From the home page.

Dont know if this has been discussed in this thread however from the above I assumed that all deeds would be through auction.

How is it someone was able to purchase the bulk of the remaining deeds thus removing the opportunity for the average player who may have been saving up to buy the base 9 deeds?

Something out of place with this deal

there was an additional note that if they wanted to buy bigger quantities to contact them directly.

damn no news on cnn, finacial times or bbc:(

not that anyone cares but if I bought 25 000 deeds, thats 125 000 peds every week. Soon every LA on every planet will be mine :eyecrazy: I will change the name of every LA to AXEMURDERER LA 001, 002 ... muahahhaah

what regulations are in place to prevent abuse/manipulation/insider knowledge, etc. Clearly this guy/group has a advantage of tipping the scales....what measures are in place to prevent him/her or others from selling their votes or secretly buying up low end properties/land area's etc and then voting in for massive improvements on those area's and upping their investment while no one else knew what they were planning.

I see Rockstars has taught you well. My plan would be to do what MA usually does and never finish it. Combined with the horrid loot, that 2.5 mil will be worth about 750k in no time...rinse repeat.

Looks like congratulations are in order to the new owner of 25,000 deeds ($2.5m). I think a good buy, even if the price of deeds doubles once all completely sold 10%+ return is still excellent.

Well is wasn't me only 61 deeds here.

I wonder if a soc member (that would be awesome)? Would be nice to know who it is as an "in-game" player. My money is on a planet owner, second choice long time successful LA owner, or lastly a consortium of players like the Medusa purchase (although unlikely).

Maybe goldmans have a had-in, I see "goldmans" team a lot in EU in globals.

I think a wise investment choice, the universe is getting massive investment at the moment, with new planets etc, those people will visit Caly even if born on other planets.

Hope the money stays in game, monthly withdrawal is going to add a drain on the economy, if so hope this is a small in the scheme of total revenue.

Happy Easter, I'm off down the pub (dowe with work this week).

Rick

not that anyone cares but if I bought 25 000 deeds, thats 125 000 peds every week. Soon every LA on every planet will be mine :eyecrazy: I will change the name of every LA to AXEMURDERER LA 001, 002 ... muahahhaah

All Hail Axe! Long live the King!

By the way....Big smile to MA marketing team.

If there were 25,000+ deeds still to be sold as of yesterday you did a good job making us all believe they could run out at any moment, with the few stacks here and there in auction over the last few weeks.

Kindly advise the community when they are finally all sold so we can get on with our in world lives.

thanks

Rick.

would this 6 mil of CLD sales be to make up the buyout price of caly?
smart move if u ask me.
they made there money back in 1 year with profit.

A virtual planet sold for $6 million
The most expensive virtual property ever purchased

A virtual planet named Calypso sold for $6 million in April on the online game Entropia Universe.

This sale broke the record for the most expensive virtual purchase ever. The previous record was for a virtual space club which sold for $600,000.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/thelife50?op=1#ixzz1rBVZUfor

Great news! I did not know why the CLDs were sold above 1020 yesterday in Twin.

Because we all know, if an eccentric or a mafia person or simply a person who has more money than he knows what to do with them blow some huge amount on the stock market, it must be a good example and followed by sheep.

For the last 2 weeks many normal L items like P4 and korss 400 either dissapeared or have a nasty MU. Several shops which provided some relief in case of AH runs dissapeared (don't want to name them, but at least 4 shops of known crafters/hunters are not anymore). I hope the marketing guys will not think that many players will throw their money on AH just to feed CLDs profit? Or will they?

Do we suppose to play this game or we all buy CLDs and stay and gather fat on bellies at Twin or PA balcony?

Last edited:
A transation like this one must be announced who is the buyer IMO.

Best o economy is to removed the deeds i agree. now wil we see next 2 weeks to cld ressel to go to higer values, also we wil see record payout this week. Just hoping economy wil be back on track in 2 moths now.

We wnat name of buyer!!

ok ok, I'll confess. It was me.

Look for my selling thread. Selling CLD's for just 1500 ped :wtg:

I'd be surprised if it's a player.

25000 deeds at 3.42ped / week (this weeks payout I believe) is 85500 ped / $8550. Now even a real EU addict would find it hard to spend that every week.

So we can only assume that it's going to be withdrawn from EU rather than being spent in game.

He must have alot of faith in EU. At that rate, it will take 5 and a half years to recoup his initial investment. This seems quite a long time in these days of nanosecond share transactions, day trading and volatile stock markets.

With RL shares, you can sell them instantly if the price/return starts to tank, but CLDs have no value except to other players. What would happen if 25k CLDs hit the market? :eyecrazy:

Or does an investment on that scale come with some kind of buyback guarantee from MA? :scratch2:

Back