Eomon loot table, auction duration, etc...

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Just a few random suggestions:

1. Auction duration:
Please extend auction max duration to 10 days instead of the current 7. We are already severely limited in auction slots, and it's quite expensive to list things, you should at least extend the duration a bit I think. It would be a nice way to make auctioning things a bit "cheaper" for everyone without actually reducing the fees.

2. Eomon loot table (animal oils):
I never would have thought I'd be buying Spleen oil to convert to Nanocubes but this has happened recently.. Spleen has become so abundant recently that the mu crashed all the way 101% and seems to not be able to recover from there, no matter how many Gizmo 8s people click.

Spleen probably could be removed from Eomon loot table and replaced with Heart oil. Migration is the time when Impact and Stab armor plates are most in demand, which require Simple 3 plastic ruds to make, which require Heart oil. At the very least, reduce Spleen and Pancreas drop rate and add Heart oil to Eomon loot so that the supply of it doesn't become so constrained.

3. Mayhem vs ArMatrix L amps:
I don't understand this one... You release ArMatrix BPs into the game, then at thge same time release Mayhem amps in strongboxes in such abundance as to make ArMatrix amps worse and much more expensive to use. Something requires balancing here. As it is, ArMatrix amps 50 and above cannot compete with comparable Mayhem amps. Probably the drop rate of Mayhem amps in strongboxes should be reduced to make ArMatrix an interesting alternative amp without life steal.

3. Mayhem vs ArMatrix L amps:
I don't understand this one... You release ArMatrix BPs into the game, then at thge same time release Mayhem amps in strongboxes in such abundance as to make ArMatrix amps worse and much more expensive to use. Something requires balancing here. As it is, ArMatrix amps 50 and above cannot compete with comparable Mayhem amps. Probably the drop rate of Mayhem amps in strongboxes should be reduced to make ArMatrix an interesting alternative amp without life steal.
Last time I did the math, a few Armatrix amps were more cost effective than their Mayhem counterparts if you didn't care about the lifesteal. I don't know if the math still makes sense now because this was a few months ago. One thing people don't take into consideration is that the markup from Mayhem amps is not returned in your loot but the TT cost of Armatrix amps are. Could be outdated info now that Mayhem amps are a bit cheaper than they used to be.

It i snot easy Legends.
People buy ELM weapons and Mayhem amps even if are not price effective.
mayhem have LS effect as bonus
ELM... well ELM are just a proof that fools and their money are easy parted.
+1 for spleen being too common
we dont need less loot we need more sinking

and the only way to sink materials is to have Armatrix more interesting and armatrix amp more interesring...
if armatrix were 3.5 DPP 80 eff craft would absorb 100% of drops
there is simply no inccentive to use armatrix because price adjusted they dont keep the pace.

It i snot easy Legends.
People buy ELM weapons and Mayhem amps even if are not price effective.
mayhem have LS effect as bonus
ELM... well ELM are just a proof that fools and their money are easy parted.

I understand that balancing everything in EU is not that simple, but to me this one is a no-brainer. Current market price for ArMatrix L-Amplifier 75B blueprint is like 20 pec / click because there is no demand for it, no use. Similar thing is happening for other high-level amps from 50B to 70B, but for varying reasons, like for example the one I mentionned before about Mayhem amps being better for the money. So this causes all sorts of issues and domino effects.

Yet if ArMatrix amps of high level like that one were more popular, it would create more sinks as you say for mined resources and hunting loot. The list of ingredients include Simple 4, which use Brain oil, Focus Lens, Nanocubes, Sensors, which use Belkar, and Enhanced Talytic, which is mostly a sink for uncommon mined resources like Igni, Putty and Terrudite, but also Animal Oils, including Spleen, cause you need Simple 3 Springs for it.

Nanocubes is at 101%
Focus Lens is at ~104%
Belkar is @ ~108%
Alicenies ~102%
Spleen 101% to 103% lately

The only one in the list that has decent mu is Brain Oil ~130%. The rest of the list would benbefit tremendously from the added sink/demand.

Like I said, it just doesn't make sense the way that these amps are being rendered totally useless and therefore have no demand at all..

Last edited:
I am one of several gizmocrafters that just stopped crafting gizmos since it is not worth it anymore. After nanocube update the cost to craft increased due to 1) nanocubes having markup instead of being TT and 2) all oils increasing in price. At the same time many times gizmo 8 are 102% in auction due to fewer people buying them. No way that people click spleen as much anymore as before, which the spleen price clearly shows. My speculation is that some gamblers were angry on the nanocube update and the ones that still gamble are the ones clicking EP4 and EP recycle instead of tech recycle.

seems time to click the 300 gizmo recycle i got in storage

A lot of people love life steal and also a lot of people hate math, can't balance that.

But the issue with the 75B amp is that there are probably very few guns currently that could fit those. MA would have to release LR-110 (L) to LR-125 (L) to make that one more popular.

IIRC when L delta amps were close to 2000%, the armatrix was more cost effective at around 157%, so I used them on the big boy laser guns when I didn't need lifesteal, obviously strongbox amps have dropped alot now in price so the price point on Armatrix is now lower, but its not that drastic. Assuming Delta markup of 1500%, I put the break even point for 70B amps at 145% according to my calculator. So get them at under that price and you are better off. I hardly think that they aren't competitive.
People just need to do the maths on them. The change needs to come from the players thinking a bit harder, not from the balancing team.

Last edited:
Becareful asking Mindark for a rebalancing - even if it is sorely needed. It'll end up looking like a picasso that got peed on by a blind dog.

Back