Question: Epic Store wave of new avatars

ProActive Mango

Stalker
This question is pointed towards Mindark and its developers.

When we join epic store and we get a huge influx of new players. What items will these new avatars buy and use? Will they be forced to use loot 1.0 weapons like Cold Ir, Military pistols (level 100) weapons.
Game must be prepared for a huge influx of new players and i dont see it atm. What do we think, new players will use old weapons that is the worst in the game and expect these players to have fun and stay?

I think Mindark really have to ask themselfs are you prepared for a wave on new players or will it be whatever and whoever stays, stays?

Epic Game Store is not going to drive a ton of traffic.

Get it on Xbox, PlayStation, Android/iOS, make a couple short but amazing advertisements and then we'll see an influx

MA needs to indroduce more new player friendly tutorials and start up missions if they actually care about attracting new player base. Maybe with the new engine they think about those things more.

All that with just 2 hard working developers ?
Theoretically all you need is a decent HAL to cover whatever device and system Mindark wants to be on. UE5 should be a nice base for that. Then "just 2 developers" can achieve quite something on top of it.

We need more items, either crafted or UL to keep up with the influx, there is already a weapon shortage for low lvl UL and crafted weps would go too high in MU if its only going to be armatrix.

“Influx”

They’ll need to make big improvements to 1) attract 2) retain new players.

Might bring in a few new players, but my guess is that it would overall be negligible. It's a step in the right direction though.

Not the right target demographic (mostly ) but likely the cheapest low risk / cost marketing punt they could make.

They can buy the Rock Starter Pack for the gun, oh wait..

They can get Next Island unlimited noob pistol.. oh wait

They can get a Bukin's Blade, oh wait

No it just been removed.

How loong you expect them to be a nooob, you can get over that stage in 10 minute LOL

Proper missions and an actual story would be a good start, something exciting and well written. EU has a lot of stuff other online games lack, but also lacks a huge amount of stuff that people seeking this type of game would want.

This question is pointed towards Mindark and its developers.

When we join epic store and we get a huge influx of new players. What items will these new avatars buy and use? Will they be forced to use loot 1.0 weapons like Cold Ir, Military pistols (level 100) weapons.
Game must be prepared for a huge influx of new players and i dont see it atm. What do we think, new players will use old weapons that is the worst in the game and expect these players to have fun and stay?

I think Mindark really have to ask themselfs are you prepared for a wave on new players or will it be whatever and whoever stays, stays?

Porting the game enginer to UE5 != Listing on the Epic Store.

Epic will have revenue share deals with anyone listed on their store. Similar to Steam they take 20%-30% of all payments made, and usually as part of the deal any sign-ups that occur through their platform need to be serviced by their payment providers.

This leads itself to the question of, if A player deposits $100 through epic, do they only get 700 ped after fees? How is that sustainable when a subset of players are significantly taxed on their deposits. Would MA need to adjust the overall platform fees to spread the cost over all the playerbase, or accept it as a fact of doing business.

But given that about 30% of all ped deposited is withdrawn, and coupled with those 30% deposit fees. That means that MA's margins are even slimmer through the store on an already niche product.

I'd make a significant bet that we never see EU on the Epic Store for these reasons and it'll stay self-published and hosted my MA.

So, if you make it a detective story from the beginning, you wouldn't even have to give any clues. Like you wake up from some deep cryo and it's not really easy to remember. And now this new place is the Enigma. No need for a big story. We already have it

Edit. All components are already there just need to write you wake up from cryo,

Pockets empty someone must have pirate you in space xD

Porting the game enginer to UE5 != Listing on the Epic Store.

Epic will have revenue share deals with anyone listed on their store. Similar to Steam they take 20%-30% of all payments made, and usually as part of the deal any sign-ups that occur through their platform need to be serviced by their payment providers.

This leads itself to the question of, if A player deposits $100 through epic, do they only get 700 ped after fees? How is that sustainable when a subset of players are significantly taxed on their deposits. Would MA need to adjust the overall platform fees to spread the cost over all the playerbase, or accept it as a fact of doing business.

But given that about 30% of all ped deposited is withdrawn, and coupled with those 30% deposit fees. That means that MA's margins are even slimmer through the store on an already niche product.

I'd make a significant bet that we never see EU on the Epic Store for these reasons and it'll stay self-published and hosted my MA.

I thought it was confirmed EU is going on the Epic Store?

Back