Error 72

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

my gold card has gone crazy ... 9/10 I get Error 72. I have been playing over half a decade by now so am thinking that it might actually breaks. Now does anyone know what to do to order a new one (I can still get a few 6-digit codes out of it, although not too many by the looks of it)

Help appreciated - thanks -

Angel

Have you cleaned out the reader with some canned air? Have you cleaned the contacts on the Gold Card with a pencil eraser?

Every time I start getting Error 72's I do that and all's fine again.

Hey, if nothing works, cleaning etc:

You need to order new GC reader via support
and you need 100 ped on pedcard for it

It takes at least 4 days for me in (europe) with standard shipping,
you can pay more and receive it faster.

It´s cool to order one more so you have reserve(who knows what may happen).

That´s what support said someday:

Hi,

If your card reader is no longer working you need to purchase a new one from the website. You are welcome to send us the broken reader now or, if you so wish, when you have received the new one. As soon as we receive the faulty reader we will credit your PED card with a refund of the purchase price. If the item is proven to be malfunctioning you will also get a refund of the regular mail shipment costs.

Our address is:

MindArk PE AB
Support Department
Järntorget 8
SE-41304 Göteborg
SWEDEN

Please mark the letter with this support case number.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

_________________________________________________________________________________
Also found a nice thread, by Usurper:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rd-Reader-101&highlight=change+reader+battery

Last edited:
I had this happening some time ago when I had my card some time close to a magnetic clip ...

After I stored it in a different place it quickly went away ...
I don't know if that is your case but for mee it worked ..

I suspected tiny bits of dust had got onto the gold card and when inserted got stuck inside the reader over the years.

I had a lot of 72's a few months back and after using a vacuum cleaner nozzle to suck all the crap out, it started working again.

Its fine now, works every time.

Just send it to MA if it is really broken. No need for 100 PED on it. They will substitute it by a fresh one plus a new reader. At least in my sister's case a few months ago.

Just send it to MA if it is really broken. No need for 100 PED on it. They will substitute it by a fresh one plus a new reader. At least in my sister's case a few months ago.

You can never feel save, my mate had to pay I think around 100 PED, but was long ago
;)

I actually had to replace my gold card itself not too long ago.

Some people on this board will tell you that the gold card itself cannot break. Do not believe them. They are uninformed. It can, and does. Was simple to verify. My girlfriend plays too. She has a gold card. Popped her card in my reader and it worked. My card. Nothing. Not a dirty card, not an issue with contacts. Sometimes they just go bad.

I contacted support and they suspended gold card activity on my account very quickly, I supplied them with a passport and photo ID to make this happen.

I then ordered a new gold card and reader. Had it sent to my house. 200 PED.

Sure enough the new gold card worked on both readers, and the old card worked on no reader.

Ultimately doing it this way was cheaper for me than waiting for support to look over my old card, which would have been 3-5 weeks shipping there, 3-5 weeks shipping back, and processing time. I threw the old card away. Problem solved.

thanks for all the answers... I'll try cleaning it, if that doesn't work, I will contact MA directly :)

Angel

I hadn't used my GC for a while and started getting Error 72s. I can definitely vouch for the using of a pencil eraser to clean the GC. :wise: Worked a treat! :yay::wtg:

I get this error ONLY when I stick the card in really fast... try doing it slowly and straight into the reader instead of crookedly.. perhaps this will fix the problem :)

~Danimal

Back