ESI Event

Skaffen

Old Alpha
I see a lot of skills for sale currently...

MA should have a giant mob spawn that loots it's tt value in ESI's proportional to damage inflicted.

- It would catalyze skill sales whilst encouraging deposits, saving time for those skilling out and cash for those skilling in.

Win Win.:D

How about no to the mob, and yes to smaller mobs dropping esi again. I'm tired of all these 'boss' mobs being the only way to get a chance at decent markup these days, while the smaller mobs only drop tt garbage.

How about no to the mob, and yes to smaller mobs dropping esi again. I'm tired of all these 'boss' mobs being the only way to get a chance at decent markup these days, while the smaller mobs only drop tt garbage.

Seconded - lets have more MU in regular hunting.

As Hijacker said, regular hunting mobs should have better MU. We already see a group of players looting most of mu item drops...

Also, why you post it in Events forum :confused:

B Cuz

As Hijacker said, regular hunting mobs should have better MU. We already see a group of players looting most of mu item drops...

Also, why you post it in Events forum :confused:

If it is done as 1 giant mob then it is an event everyone can prep for and raise their game.

Like ESI mu isn't low enough?

If it is done as 1 giant mob then it is an event everyone can prep for and raise their game.

your OP post is merely proposal of such event, not an existing event, therefore it should go to suggestions forum, not to events... hope this will be clearer for you to understand...

Reactions: das

i got 20 ped esi from kerberos ( 3-4 days ago) maybe you may try too :wise:;);)

yay lets destroy what little MarkUp remains in loot :eyecrazy:

M esi

yay lets destroy what little MarkUp remains in loot :eyecrazy:

It doesn't destroy mark up, it actually directs it to those willing to compete for it. It's true it will benefit the ubers but they can only benefit if they in turn help others become more skilled.

Maybe an ESI field instead of an oil field for the ubers to pvp over?

It doesn't destroy mark up, it actually directs it to those willing to compete for it. It's true it will benefit the ubers but they can only benefit if they in turn help others become more skilled.

Maybe an ESI field instead of an oil field for the ubers to pvp over?

How about we stop fuelling all the good loot to a few and distribute it to normal hunters?

How about we stop fuelling all the good loot to a few and distribute it to normal hunters?

The thread was a response to quite a few uber skill selling threads that suggest maybe they are ready to move on. The volume of skills they represent is unprecedented, so why not have an event?

The thread was a response to quite a few uber skill selling threads that suggest maybe they are ready to move on. The volume of skills they represent is unprecedented, so why not have an event?

Having more esi's does not mean there is a market in place for buyers of these skills. Without that what will happen is that the skill %'s will take a bigger nose dive due to flooding. What is needed is people looking to purchase skills and unless that increases all the flooding of esi's will do little besides take away the MU on esi's.

Having more esi's does not mean there is a market in place for buyers of these skills. Without that what will happen is that the skill %'s will take a bigger nose dive due to flooding. What is needed is people looking to purchase skills and unless that increases all the flooding of esi's will do little besides take away the MU on esi's.

Due to the competition to chip out skills currently, there is room to decrease price on skills as much as ESI value. Using an event won't flood the market, unlike changing low end looting opportunities over time.

If MA could create more demand (newcomers) they would, but can't. MA can reconfigure loot IG to stimulate activity

EaSI

To further support my idea I would like to highlight that some skills are under threat of being 'untradeable' due to the prohibitively high costs of ESI's. I appreciate that the current holders of many skills on chips might try to protect themselves from a short term drop in the cost to trade skills, however the economic stimulus it would provide would benefit the general market as well as MA.

To further support my idea I would like to highlight that some skills are under threat of being 'untradeable' due to the prohibitively high costs of ESI's. I appreciate that the current holders of many skills on chips might try to protect themselves from a short term drop in the cost to trade skills, however the economic stimulus it would provide would benefit the general market as well as MA.

Sorry, but just because your average sweater cant buy an ESI does not mean that a skill is untradeable.

That's reaching rather far...

LWT trade much?

Look, aside from this idea being based on a faulty premise, it will never happen.

Why?

Because if theres no market for ESI or skills players are locked into the game. The skill system is designed to only have value when the markets are thriving, and to be used as a tool for player retention when the markets start to slip.

Your giveaway idea basically undermines this.

You can call me a 'fanny' or whatever other comment you want. It wont make you any less wrong, and I wont lose any sleep over it. This idea is rubbish.

Sorry,

-MR

Look, aside from this idea being based on a faulty premise, it will never happen.

Why?

Because if theres no market for ESI or skills players are locked into the game. The skill system is designed to only have value when the markets are thriving, and to be used as a tool for player retention when the markets start to slip.

Your giveaway idea basically undermines this.

You can call me a 'fanny' or whatever other comment you want. It wont make you any less wrong, and I wont lose any sleep over it. This idea is rubbish.

Sorry,

-MR

The skill system was set up to allow the trade of skills from those with, to those without. There is no point locking someone in as it prevents the sale of assets from which MA can benefit.

Also, such an event might pull someone out of retirement to deposit so they can clear out skills they have abandoned.

The new wave of ubers will also need a skill transfusion to make it practical if they want to buy all the MM's and IMKII's for sale.

Back