GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Here's what we know so far:

Make-up
~~~~~
This will most likely be introduced during or after the new avatar system. We know the avatar system is undergoing a revamp. Hence it makes sense for them to develop the make-up in relation to the new avatar system.

Now we know Cyrene is roughly ballmarked for release Aug-Dec 2011. Cyrene we also know will feature different factions you can side or play as. So this new avatar system probably includes the ability for avatar to take "alien shapes".

So new avatar system may arrive aug-dec 2011 and the make-up system may arrive with the new system. If it canot be developed in conjuction with the avatar system then it'll be developed after hence likely to arrive post 2012.

Needless to sya these dates are not definate but very much fluid.

Taming
~~~~~
We have no informattion on that apart from that it's been redeveloped and is likely to include the ability to ride animals. So no ETA or guesstimates :)

Beacons
~~~~~
These are likely to be part of the new dungeons system. My guess is this one is a priority for MA to complete and so likely to be around aug-dec 2011

Mentoring
~~~~~~
While it's a crucial system and one that needs to be reimplemented as soon as possible we really have no idea what stage this is at and again no guesstimates can be made...

While we don't have the above systems. We do now have Autofire and autocraft, Vehicles, Mindforce so slowly but surely we'll get there. Considering these systems are complete rewrites it's not really surprising it's taking so long. Ma is still a small team so chances are some of the above will arrive after 2011.

Maybe we'll get some more info on these, who knows....

Last edited:
I think the updated looks will be the icing on the cake!! That being said I hope they can get it up and running before the cryene launch so they can work out the bugs fisrt! ;)

Either way can't wait to see what it looks like! :yay:

I think the updated looks will be the icing on the cake!! That being said I hope they can get it up and running before the cryene launch so they can work out the bugs fisrt! ;)

Either way can't wait to see what it looks like! :yay:

Updated looks or new avatar system I think is essential for Cyrene. My guess is it's going to be a very drastic and different to what we have now. However, on Calypso we may have it locked down i.e. only see the human forms.

Certainly some really exciting systems in development but some info on their progress/development would be nice.

Inquiring minds would like to know where and hpw did you get this informaation...Specially release dates looking out as fas as 2012?

Inquiring minds would like to know where and hpw did you get this informaation...Specially release dates looking out as fas as 2012?

They are guesstimates :) I think I gave my reasoning in opening post

They are guesstimates :) I think I gave my reasoning in opening post

You did, indeed. :D ...and from what it looks like Cyrene might be a game changer in EU. Calypso is going to have a migrating population if Cyrene can integrate itself properly. ...Cyrene has what looks to be a stronger storyline and a 36 person team. Cyrene

Hopefully, they have created a strong secondary economy that's not entirely based on ped and real money.

Last edited:
You did, indeed. :D ...and from what it looks like Cyrene might be a game changer in EU. Calypso is going to have a migrating population if Cyrene can integrate itself properly. ...Cyrene has what looks to be a stronger storyline and a 36 person team. Cyrene

Hopefully, they have created a strong secondary economy that's not entirely based on ped and real money.

Whats wrong with an economy based on ped and real money? I thought EU is suppose to be RCE:scratch2:

Whats wrong with an economy based on ped and real money? I thought EU is suppose to be RCE:scratch2:

The idea is to create a partial free play economy based around secondary aspects of the game. Imagine having items that are not TT'd/ped/$ valued.
(*Example*)
Items that are only trade-able with sweat. Perhaps questline that revolve around this secondary economy. The idea is that sweating would be considered the minimum wage job on Calypso. Perhaps the openning of a quest npc bar and a quest npc food shack. Sweat could be then traded for some kind of one use item like food and drink. The idea would then be that these items could not be traded for anything other than sweat. Hence creating a secondary economy that would appeal to new players that are not yet willing to depo.

This would create a list of items that Planet Partners and Mindark can place in game without worrying about upsetting the balance of the actual economy.

The idea is to create a partial free play economy based around secondary aspects of the game. Imagine having items that are not TT'd/ped/$ valued.
(*Example*)
Items that are only trade-able with sweat. Perhaps questline that revolve around this secondary economy. The idea is that sweating would be considered the minimum wage job on Calypso. Perhaps the openning of a quest npc bar and a quest npc food shack. Sweat could be then traded for some kind of one use item like food and drink. The idea would then be that these items could not be traded for anything other than sweat. Hence creating a secondary economy that would appeal to new players that are not yet willing to depo.

This would create a list of items that Planet Partners and Mindark can place in game without worrying about upsetting the balance of the actual economy.

This make already existing list of resource and bandwich drainers longer.

We have platform provider who want to be paid.
We have planet makers and administartors who want to be paid.
We have LA owners who want to be paid.
We have tarders, reselers and market manipulators who susck peds too.
We have sweaters who want to play free and earn too.

Its becoming too much for rest of depositing comunity to pay all that.

Updated looks or new avatar system I think is essential for Cyrene. My guess is it's going to be a very drastic and different to what we have now. However, on Calypso we may have it locked down i.e. only see the human forms.

They can draw horror bouncing boxes for Cyrene i dont care.
But wud be wery wellcome to have more detailed human forms and with more animation, postures, gestures ect for Calypso.
Ofc more sexy too .... hehe.

This make already existing list of resource and bandwidth drainers longer.

We have platform provider who want to be paid.
We have planet makers and administrators who want to be paid.
We have LA owners who want to be paid.
We have traders, resellers and market manipulators who suck peds too.
We have sweaters who want to play free and earn too.

Its becoming too much for rest of depositing community to pay all that.

Bandwidth / resource drain? from what I hear twin peaks vehicle sellers can already do that...
Yes, yes they all want to 'earn' peds. The idea is also that not all of us play to profit in real life from this game. Having a expansive nonpaying, non-profiting element to the game will keep a lot more potential depositors for the real economy of the game and it provides a better base storyline for local community trades between a small time npc and a fellow colonist who has decided to get that minimum wage job.

I have actually expanded upon this in another post.

thx for sharing :)

fail that they had eta on december 2010, now it's december 2011....

happy us! let's sit and wait.. :)

Ok we are now in "extra time" as regards soccer regarding when the missing systems will be back.

I still feel that when the missing items are returned, they will be better than before. So for example pets wont just do 3 animations, they'll carry loot and if you have a pet hiryuu, atherex , even fly you home.

Spacecraft wont be just about flying from one place to another, but perhaps they'll be able to mine asteroids in a PVP field not unlike another MMO ;)

and make-up... well, I think they MA will move our barbie looks from Bink to CryEngine2 complete with wrinkles, scars and craggy facials (and thats just the women).

And, well Mindark never told us vehicles were coming until they raided Neverdie bank last year, so they may have something else brewing....

:)

And, well Mindark never told us vehicles were coming until they raided Neverdie bank last year, so they may have something else brewing....

:)

Yeah they're getting good at supprising us with things we weren't expecting. Also on the point of cyrene being a gamechanger... Arkadia is launching before them. They announced a solid 1st half 2011 launch and are running a comp to guess the exact launch date. It will be interesting to see what the first real planet partner to launch can do :)

Yeah they're getting good at supprising us with things we weren't expecting. Also on the point of cyrene being a gamechanger... Arkadia is launching before them. They announced a solid 1st half 2011 launch and are running a comp to guess the exact launch date. It will be interesting to see what the first real planet partner to launch can do :)

Yes, that is true Arkadia will most likely launch before Cyrene but will the old systems be ready for that launch?

I think this will be the exact thing that EU needs to move forward. There would be a healthy competition between the planets.

There would be more effort in marketing to bring in new players and their money. ;) :wtg:

But the biggest thing I see to having more/better planets to visit would be the emphasis in player retention to the planet your already on. They would have to try harder to excite you into staying where you are because 40 peds would not be much of a deterrent from wanting to leave for greener pastures!! :whisper::thumbup:

I think MA has learned their lession in giving out estimates and reliese times. Now they rather just shut up and deal with a bit of nagging here and there every now and then instead of everyone complaining and calling them incompitent when they miss their time frame.

Back