EU on category5 - special EU feature

Wody

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Joshua Jot Avarius
Hi!

Last night, there was a special meeting of category5 viewers, with Robbie, Alie in Wonderland, Rexdaemon, some others, and me (Jot). It lasted a lot longer than expected, and we saw many things that new arrivals might see also, and at the end, after Rexdaemon left, we were in the Gales Trailer (oops. Art Galleries). I took Robbie on a small TP run, and showed him my appartment. To watch all the fun, while it lasts, visit Category 5
http://www.category5.tv and on the top click watch live, and then on the left watch life, or go to http://www.category5.tv/content/view/4/20/ directly. Then click on the green Watch life button. (small plug: the start of deciding to go to the gales trailer and then after going to my appartment starts at around 4 hours and 20 minutes)

The recorded show, also is available at: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/687114

Does this video actually take over 4 hours?!

Funny to see Robbie run into a soc mate of mine in the first few seconds of the movie :D

Edit: Ah, it's slinky ;)
Edit2: Hmm, i cant seem to jump to a spot in the movie past 52 minutes from the start

Last edited:
Yes, it really lasts 331 minutes! (that is 5 hours and 31 minutes). I do not know why at this time the movie doesn't go jump past it, it did before. But the video is still there. I guess for the totally addicted, untill the jumping works :)

sorry got bored by min 2.

lololol titanic the movie

Hey everyone.

To answer a few comments in the thread:

1. The reason you cannot pass X minutes is because the video is still buffering to that point. Pause it, walk away a while for it to buffer the whole thing, and then you can jump to any point in the movie.
  2. Bored by minute 2 - LOL, yeah not very exciting eh? From 7pm-7:45pm or thereabouts, we were waiting for our viewers to show up. As we filled the team, we headed out on our quest. During the sweating, I turned on my microphone to provide casual voice-over. The video is not meant to be entertaining; the whole thing was about taking a n00b through sweating and a TP run.

Thanks to those who participated, and make sure you check out the REAL show! What you see in this video here is just an un-edited, full-out recording of the ENTIRE 5.5 hour session. Yikes! Watch our actual episodes on our web site (category5 dot tv) for edited-down clips, interviews, and more. Thanks for your support, EU community!

so where is the real show to be seen?

so where is the real show to be seen?

The show is at category5 dot tv (sorry; I can't post urls here because I have not posted enough times yet for the system to allow me to post urls).

:)

We are indeed working on a full training video for n00b players as well. It will be ready within a few weeks.

Yes, that's right. Category5.TV is a tech show, and we're doing a 4-week series on EU to get some new users to try it and understand how it works.

The process of the series is:
  1. Week 1: Interview with John Bates, Introduction to EU, Robbie Ferguson (the host) mentored by RexDameon to learn the basics of the interface, sweating, and TP runs.
  2. Week 2: Explain Robbie's progress to viewers, further expand the understanding of the game to the viewers, interview with RexDameon. Special Feature: take viewers on a quest--obtain TP at Orthos West Mound, and learn to sweat.
  3. Week 3/4: Still to come--we will be providing a full n00b video presentation (both live and syndicated after-the-fact) to teach the basics.

The video presentation for the beginner lesson, which will teach the basics of the interface, how to use the game, what to do in your first week, etc. will be hosted by myself and RexDameon.

Thanks for watching :)

Back