EU on Steam Deck

kingjehu

Prowler
Society
Skillin Villans
Jehu Da King
I just got a new Steam Deck and I was hoping to play some Entropia Universe on it. Alas, I can not run the setup file, as it doesn't seem to have a program that will run it?

Any help?

Thanks!

I got a steam deck too but haven't tried to run EU. I think it's just not compatible because of the custom launcher and a whole heap of other reasons.

Bump if anyone has figured this out. I got it running in desktop mode using Wine, but not really playable without controller support that way, so looking to get it to launch in deck mode...

Did you get that to work for you? I made that link, but it would not launch the game in deck mode...
Adding non steam exe to your library on pc will do nothing for the steam deck; they don’t know what their talking about

Doesnt the steamdeck run on linux? If so youd have to use wine to emulate directx libs

Doesnt the steamdeck run on linux? If so youd have to use wine to emulate directx libs
Yea. Wine got me through the install and will launch in desktop mode. But due to EUs odd control scheme not having a keyboard makes it impossible.

I will keep trying different ways.

Following... Would like to buy a steam deck as well, but one of the main reason would be to play EU.

Yea. Wine got me through the install and will launch in desktop mode. But due to EUs odd control scheme not having a keyboard makes it impossible.

I will keep trying different ways.
Isn’t it also a touch screen? You can setup a bunch of desktop icons as well as find some kind of Linux version of joy2key but I think steam allows you to map the buttons and direction stick to key presses and mouse so that should help too

the action library has actions for turn camera left and right and all that you could setup as well and not even need mouselook.

I have installed Entropia Universe on my Steam Deck, it runs great. I am using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and not the deck's own keys at the moment.

Process:
-I switched to the Deck desktop mode (easy to do, just tap the power button)
-Install wine from Discover software library
-Install firefox and then download the Entropia client
-Then launch the Entropia client, right click it and load with wine.
-Entropia then loads without a hitch, and it is running at high settings with the deck's fans silent (not much load on the console).

Last edited:
Looking for that handheld experience, so the extra mouse and keyboard is not what I am after... trying to get the controller functions in desktop mode now...

The SteamDeck runs on SteamOS, which is based on LINUX and will run most LINUX applications.
Not sure on Wine though - Steam seems to greatly prefer their PROTON application.

FYI - I was able to dual boot my steam deck with Windows 10 (lots of youtube videos out there if you want to give it a shot).
The process was a bit challenging, but I got there. (My teenager says "Dad, that video is 20 minutes long and you have been working on this for like 6 hours.")

Everything runs great, controller support is integrated into windows through steam, so a few re configurations and I'm running well.
Typing can be a bit tedious as you have to launch the windows or steam keyboard, but who wants to chat with people anyway? More pew-pew!

Word is that sometime in 2024 Steam plans on integrating a windows dual boot option, so you dont need the "creative" work arounds.

"Dad, that video is 20 minutes long and you have been working on this for like 6 hours.")
thanks for the giggles this AM haha, as an IT guy this strikes home

glad you got it working, enjoy the steam deck :)

Back