EU Video Comp: Uploading/Properly Tag Your Videos

Encicra

Old Alpha
Society
Hidden Item
Dustin "Encicra" Parker
Ok, so a lot of you I'm sure may well have never made a video before entering this contest and if you did make a video you probably don't know how the YouTube/Tagging system works.

Step One:

When you finally make your video you'll want to upload it to YouTube which will require an account, much like you have here on EF (or don't if you are still browsing).

After you've made your account you can upload from one of two places on the YouTube site: One is the gold colored button on the top right of the home page that is labeled upload or you can do it through your account page on YouTube under the My Videos/Upload Videos link.

Step Two:

Once you've clicked and uploaded the video you want to enter, you still have to fill in 4 fields of information:

Title: "Entropia Let it Rock: (Insert Your Title Here)"

Description: Sum up what it is you've created so that people who aren't familiar with EU can easily figure it out if feel like checking, it would be smart to state its a competition and even link back to the main EU homepage and even Entropia Forum.

Tags: This is probably one of the more important ones, tags are what links your videos directly to be displayed in the "Related Videos" display when people are viewing other videos about Entropia and the competition. So you want to be sure to tag it properly. Here is a bunch of selected tags you can copy and paste into this field as is:

entropia universe competition let it rock kevin rudolf lil wayne cry engine cryengine deathifier neverdie jonneverdiejacobs neverdiestudios mindark real cash economy mmorpg mmorpc mmo scifi jamhot jamhottv jamhotmedia rce second life world of warcraft

Category: For this type of video the best choice of category would be "Gaming" which you select from the drop down menu.

High Quality Video
Get those high Quality videos linked properly...

Depending on format you uploaded, here are codes to put after url to open on your preferred resolution/setting automatically.

• &fmt=6 - increases the resolution from 320×240 to 448×336, Flash 7 video @ 900Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 96Kbps Mono CBR.
  • &fmt=18 - increases the resolution to 480×360, H.264 video @ 512Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 128Kbps Stereo.
  • &fmt=22 - increases the resolution to 1280×720 (720p), H.264 video @ 1024Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 232Kbps Stereo.

For the best results, use 1280×720 format to upload then, so you have all 3 options to view in where ever :silly2:

Heidi Klum as sample :ahh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk - normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=18 - better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=22 - best

EF don't support embedding in other that 'normal' setting, so IMO rather not embed HQ or HD videos ;)

Last edited:
Nice tip here Encirca, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

I have stickied this thread in the new EU Video Contest subforum for easy reference for members interesting in making submissions for this contest.

Indeed, very very usefull,
Thank you very much

yes veruy useful. I have allready seen some entries who haven't followed the naming convention would be shame to be disqualified for not naming it right. Also MA may not be able to find it if you don't follow the name format they suggest.

+rep for the guide

Very useful :)
Thx for sharing

Get those high Quality videos linked properly...

Depending on format you uploaded, here are codes to put after url to open on your preferred resolution/setting automatically.

• &fmt=6 - increases the resolution from 320×240 to 448×336, Flash 7 video @ 900Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 96Kbps Mono CBR.
  • &fmt=18 - increases the resolution to 480×360, H.264 video @ 512Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 128Kbps Stereo.
  • &fmt=22 - increases the resolution to 1280×720 (720p), H.264 video @ 1024Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 232Kbps Stereo.

For the best results, use 1280×720 format to upload then, so you have all 3 options to view in where ever :silly2:

Heidi Klum as sample :ahh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk - normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=18 - better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EutKrKTfLk&fmt=22 - best

EF don't support embedding in other that 'normal' setting, so IMO rather not embed HQ or HD videos ;)

Put that crap to first post too, will ya Encicra :)

Added to the main post.

Kevin Rudolf Video Competition - Updated Feb 11 2009

The Kevin Rudolf Video Competition will close on February 14th. Final entries for the competition must be submitted to YouTube no later than February 14th.

To be doubly sure that your entry is viewed, you may also send an email containing a link to your You Tube video to videocompetition@mindark.com

The submitted videos will be judged on creativity and content. The winning entry will be announced shortly after the closing date. Judges' decisions are final.

Is it normal (in the new beta uploader in youtube) the blue bar stay stoped alot of time when my upload trafic is not active anymore? i always got to this point after 4 hours uploading the vid, blue bar stops and and keeps saying "sending" then i stay there about an hour with blue bar filled and nothing happens, is this normal ?

thx

Is it normal (in the new beta uploader in youtube) the blue bar stay stoped alot of time when my upload trafic is not active anymore? i always got to this point after 4 hours uploading the vid, blue bar stops and and keeps saying "sending" then i stay there about an hour with blue bar filled and nothing happens, is this normal ?

thx

yea its because it stops due to network pings lost - try using the bulk uploader instead - it can resume...

Hi there,

You can upload your videos, photos and music on www.pixflake.com too.

You can use the tags like you tube to put on your website or here at entropiaforum ! :yay: ( and you can win prizes too ! ). Just register for free and do your uploads.

I have a question too. How to film on entropiauniverse during a hunt or making something and get when you global ? Do you have to use a specific software that not interfere with the gameplay ? Have more tips about that ?

Thks. :wtg:

Fraps (too short)

Back