Eud "Ruadh" Sgurr's Journal

Eud Sgurr

Mature
Society
Freelance
Eud Ruadh Sgurr
I have started to keep an online journal of my adventures on Calypso. I keep them on blogspot, and I will update this thread with the text from there (address to blog in my signature below). For photos please see the other version.

A New Colonist's Journal from Calypso

It's now just a week ago since I arrived at Port Atlantis. I am expecting a demanding life here on Calypso, but anything must be better than old Earth...

But a man needs a job. Fortunately I found a company I could join fairly quickly. It's Entropia News Network, ENN, and the people and the job is a perfect match for me. I was a freelance journalist back on Earth, so I look forward to writing news and features with a Calypsian angle now. I joined ENN on Tuesday, and yesterday I was promoted from Trainee to Employee. It feels good to be appreciated!

I keep an online journal of my adventures on Calypso. They are hosted by blogspot, and I will update this thread with the text from there (eudsgurr.blogspot.com). For photos please see the other version.

ENN Fort Troy Expedition

Yesterday our vice president Dave Neuromancer Haze asked if anyone needed to do a teleporter run on Eudoria. At that time I still needed to visit Nymphtown, Fort Pandora, Camp Echidna, and Fort Troy. Dave offered to run me to Fort Troy, which I was very grateful for. At the teleporter in East Scylla Mountains we met a sky woman named Lady Love Machine (!), who we offered to join our expedition to Fort Troy. The run went very smoothly under Dave's careful and knowledgeable supervision. Here is a snapshot of the three of us just North of the Helios outpost:

And another outside the Helios container:

After Helios we continued our run, and we successfully arrived safe and sound at Fort Troy in less than an hour total time. Thanks again vice president for the teleporter run. I learnt a great deal more along the way than just a new teleporter.

Last edited:
I keep an online journal of my adventures on Calypso. They are hosted by blogspot, and I will update this thread with the text from there (eudsgurr.blogspot.com). For photos please see the other version.
FAPs and gender issues

I am new to this world, that is for sure. I am also new to many of the things we use and do here on Calypso. Like handling a rifle, which I never did back on Earth, or handling a FAP. I found a FAP inside an Exarosaur the other day. I tried it out, and each time I did, there was some very basic brain reaction that triggered in me. I tried to understand what it was, and finally I saw a nude woman looking out at me, each time the lid flips open when it injects the healing accelerant.

Why a nude woman? Why not a man? Do FAPs have different sexes? Did I loot a female FAP? I will dig deeper into this. The truth must be unearthed!

Last edited:
Hadesheim blues

After some hunting in the rolling countryside between Billy's Spaceship Afterworld and Camp Pheonix, I decided to go sightseeing in Hadesheim. I've been to Hadesheim before, and the place puzzled me. What kind of city is that? It felt utterly desolate last time I passed through, so I wanted to see if I somehow picked the wrong time of day last time. It is a huge city, and I passed a marketplace that I wanted to look more closely at this time. I also remembered a banklike building.

I arrived at Hadesheim Center and headed North. I soon encountered the market, where people sell their goods, some employing stall personell. I almost bought a new gun, but I will wait. All the advice I've received this far is to really use the gun to the max before switching to a new model. I am quite happy with my trusty Sollomate Opalo and I know there is much to be learnt by using it for some time still.

The streets are really empty in Hadesheim!
I walked up the steps of the PE Exchange that was the banklike building I noticed on my last trip through Hadesheim. Inside I found a collection of terminals, called Exchange terminals. Unfortunately they were not working. I must learn more about this. Do we have an stock exchange on Calypso?
After this little investigation of Hadesheim city I headed East. I realised that I lacked the teleporter that is called Hadesheim East. So I sprinted there, very glad to be out of the oppressing and desolate city. I looked back at the city once more before leaving it. This is the snapshot:
After having picked up the teleporter coordinates and information I spent a few successful minutes with shooting the local wildlife! I encountered a new species of the Calypsian fauna: merps. I never saw these before, and I was proud to notice I didn't have any problems defeating them. They are a very frisky animal, the merps. Quite beautiful in their way, and I even managed to take a picture of one of the ones that I slayed:

Teleport run to Nymphtown

This morning I started off with three missing teleporters on Eudoria. As you will see in this report and the next, I now only lack one teleporter on the continent: Camp Echidna. For the morning's run, I set my goal to reach Nymphtown. I started the trip in Minopolis.

From Minopolis, I headed straight East. I thought it would be an easy run to the ocean there, and then swim along the coast until it was safe to contact the teleporter from the ocean directly to Nymphtown. That was a bad plan. Just a few hundred meters out of Minopolis I was attacked by a extremely nasty creature. One bite, and I was flat on my back. I was not to be deterred!

I made a new plan: run North, hit the ocean, swim all the way around the cape and down South to conclude my above plan. You can see what the local wildlife thought about this plan!

Fortunately I made it down to the ocean, and started swimming. I didn't notice an obnoxious little critter who managed to kill me before itself died from drowning! Was I to be deterred now? No!

Third time's a charm! I headed South, South-East, from Minopolis and managed to reach the ocean this way. Then I swam South, as I originally planned. Along the way, I was tempted to head inland in search of strange and wonderous sights. I saw a lot of intimidating creatures, wonderful forests, magnificent mountains, and I met death. Again. I was revived at a camp that subsequently didn't show up on my navigator. A secret camp? The usual, official container and turret was in place. I took a snapshot:

After heading back to the relative safety of the ocean, I continued my swim to the South. I finally made contact with the teleporter and requested an extraction.

Nymphtown at last! I didn't have time to see much of the surrounding area. I look forward to explore the Nymphtown neighbourhood on a later date.
This last snapshot shows me celebrating my successful run from Minopolis to Nymphtown.

ENN Pandora Expedition (feat. Black Orb)

This afternoon I was offered help to complete my teleport run to Fort Pandora. It was again our vice president, Dave Neuromancer Haze, who volunteered to help me reach the desert fort. The ENN Pandora Expedition consisted of myself and Dave:

Dave recommended the Westward run from Minipolis to Fort Pandora, via the now very famous, and enigmatic, Black Orb. Since I've yet to see the Orb, I was pleased to accept Dave's suggested route. On the first stretch towards the Orb we encountered a multitude of merps. They were hungry and we slayed many. Most of them carried good loot, so it was a pleasant job to hack our way through their numbers (well, Dave hacked with his axe, and I shot with my Opalo). Incidentally, we made a tidy 54 PED (TT value) from the loot from the trip; not including two pieces of armor worth approximately 35 PED on the auction. Dave told me this was unexpected from a teleporter run.

We reached the Black Orb without problem. There were only three more people there when we arrived. I studied the Orb and took a picture:
We stayed for a few minutes and chatted with the others, before we continued our journey West.

During the rest of the run, we encountered many creatures, of which the atraxes offered the most resistance to Dave's axe. I was able to add another Eudorian species to my list: the hiryuu. Dave told me they are relatively harmless, as long as you don't lure them down to the ground.

After having entered the desert, our journey was drawing to a close. One last dune, and we could see Fort Pandora down in the valley ahead:

We split the loot and concluded it was a particularly good teleport run. Dave also asked of me to help others in the future in the same way I've been helped by him. Of course I said I intend to do this. It is an important way of helping our new colony here on Calypso grow and thrive. Helping others gives so much back.

This report ends with a snapshot of me and Dave standing infront of the Fort Pandora teleporter.

Mining enmatter

I have been wondering what occupation I should choose here on Calypso. The obvious choice is journalism but I feel I need a bit more knowhow about the community in order to start working properly as a journalist. This blog is a way for me to start writing and putting words to my thoughts and experiences.

I have tried hunting. Both alone in the wilderness and together with other colonists. It is fun, but fairly costly. I have tried the odd sweating profession with some luck. I have drained many creatures of their vibrant sweat since I arrived. I have also tried mining, both for ores and for enmatter. I have decided to try my hand at enmatter mining and do it with proper tools for evaluation.

I have started with a small sum, 300 PED, and I will evaluate my losses and profits after each batch of probes I buy. I hope to be able to report my findings when I compile my data. I understand that this budget may be too small for a total beginner like myself, but at least I will get a better feeling for the costs and potential profits involved.

Two snapshots from my first few days as an enmatter miner:

Yours truly after a hard day's worth of enmatter mining!

Happily mining at a crude oil deposit in the desert.

Fort Ares? Fort Ares!

This morning I was standing by the Monument in Jason center, thinking about this and that, not really up for any big adventures. A lazy morning. I overheard a couple of colonists speaking of the general shabbiness of Fort Ares. I wasn't paying much attention, but it suddenly dawned at me that I've never actually visited Fort Ares. "But!" I hear you complain, "You told us you only lack the Echidna teleport!" Yes, this is true. I lied.

Loitering around the Monument in Jason Center.

Of some reason I have totally blacked-out the existence of Fort Ares. I checked my navigator, and sure enough: no blue dot where Fort Ares should be. I meandered over to the teleporter in Jason Center and verified it: I could not travel to Fort Ares at this time.

Unable to teleport to Fort Ares.

I checked the maps I had at hand, and realised that Fort Ares seemed to be only a kilometer or so due South from Aegis Mound. That seemed like exactly the kind of teleport run I was up to at this time of day. So, I teleported off to Aegis Mound, which isn't such a cheerful place either.
Posing infront of the Aegis Mound terminal building.

I grabbed my navigator and turned on the direction marker to point straight South, and off I jogged. It was a pleasant little jog through the rolling countryside between Aegis Mound and Fort Ares. I saw several peacefully gracing Cornundacauda and Caudatergus. I followed a vague footpath through the sparse vegetation. Speaking of the flora this is a subject that interests me very much. The plants of Calypso range from common to spectacular, and I really enjoy watching the beautiful forms that have evolved on this planet. This plant, for example:

One example of the marvellous flora of Calypso.

I have decided to learn more about the flora of the planet. There seem to be a fairly comprehensive knowledge about the fauna of Calypso, so I hope to find that the plants also have been catalogued.

I reached Fort Ares without any problems at all. I must agree with the people I eavesdropped on in Jason Center: Ares isn't a pretty place. But, it may prove to be a valuable teleport to have in the navigator. My posing snapshot in front of Fort Ares' shoddy welcoming sign:

After this teleport run I felt inspired to explore some more. I decided to go to the other continent, Amethera, to hopefully collect one or two teleporters there. I started running from New Oxford with Treasure Island City as my goal. Just outside New Oxford I followed a brick bridge to the mainland. I was reminded of old Earth as I ran.

Old Earth bridge outside New Oxford.

I ran via Genesis Amethera Headquarters and reached Treasure Island City without incidents. There were some angry fish in the water along the way, but my armour protected me.

Sweating North of Atlas Haven

When I arrived to Port Atlantis, oh... well, almost two weeks ago now, I heard about sweating. "Sweating"?!? It sounded like heavy work. I saw people in orange tracksuits working out on the fields around Port Atlantis, or maybe digging earth or rocks, endless rows of colonists working and sweating.

Soon, I got the explanation. Sweating is the mindforce method of gathering vibrant sweat from the indigenous creatures of Calypso. I of course knew about vibrant sweat as one of the ingredient in making mind essence. Only, back on Earth I was never involved in mindforce per se. Here on Calypso mindforce seems to have reached new heights and I see more people using these techniques here than I ever did back on the Old Planet.

I have sweated around Atlas Haven for a week now. I like this place better than Camp Phoenix. Phoenix is called the Sweater's Paradise, but I really can't see why. It is crowded, it is slow, it's in the middle of nowhere. No, Atlas Haven suits me better. I also practise my rifle and handgun skills here. "Let me dry you, madam Critter... There, thank you, here: have a bullet!". Not very polite, but it serves my purpose.

Drawing sweat out of a snablesnot male.

Sweating is a... sweaty job, so I felt I needed a small diversion. I teleported to Amethera, New Oxford. I never looked around properly at that settlement, so I did today. The city has a distinct posh atmosphere which I am not too sure I like. I found the New Oxford Art Galleries, which offered a nice exhibition of art. I will return here later.

Outside the New Oxford Art Galleries building.

Every Eudoria Teleporter are now in my navigator!

Yesterday I got the last two Eudoria teleporters for my navigator. "Two?" I hear you ask. Yes, it seems my map reading skills are anything but reliable. I had totally forgotten about Fort Medusa when I said I only had Camp Echidna left to collect. Now I am totally confident that I indeed have all teleporters registered in my navigator.

Fort Medusa was easy to reach from Limnadian District, via the Lumnikak outpost. Molisk country up there! Very pretty forest, as well. I'd really like to know what those trees are called. They smell marvellous!

(Photo)The forest outside Fort Medusa.

(Photo)Yours truly posing under Fort Medusa's sign.

I had a good feeling about running to Camp Echidna. My last teleport run on this continent. At least the last one in order to update my own navigator. I will gladly run many, many more teleport runs to help other collect their own coordinates. I decided on starting in Fort Argus, and run South, South-East, aiming for the vulcano North of Camp Echidna. This proved to be a good choice. I had no problems reaching the Western foothills of the vulcano. I encountered some spectacular scenery:

(Photo)Wild plantlife on the way to Cap Echidna!

And I ran into some hostile indigenous beings, the argonauts. They didn't like me nosing around their camps, so I was quickly the centre of their attention. That attention hurt, and I found myself dead. Fortunately, the teleporter in Camp Echidna picked up my faint signature and offered me a transport to their revival terminal!

(Photo)Posing under the Camp Echidna sign!

I've thoroughly enjoyed doing these teleport runs. The planning, the exploration, the adventure, and the reward in the end. I look forward to do the Amethera teleporters one day. In the meantime I plan on doing a write-up about my experiences from doing teleport runs almost immediately fresh from the shuttle.

Finally, I'd like to inform you that my Hadesheim Blues blog article has been updated today.

Morning hunt North of Atlas Haven

Starting a few days ago, I started a new hunting regime: sweating and hunting. I try to gather the sweat from every creature before killing it. It works very well, and I don't have to use the cash I brought from old Earth. Granted, it is not quick cash, but I really feel how my sweat gathering, rifle, handgun, and defense skills develop. And I get a few PEDs to spare after each such hunting session. Not to speak about the amounts of vibrant sweat I am collecting. All in all it's been a profitable way of hunting. Hopefully I'll manage to keep focus for a few more days, before I turn my attention elsewhere.

I did have to dig fairly deep into my pocket over the last week. For some reason I was a bit to hurried to buy new armour. The Pixie set I have wasn't bad in anyway, but I suddenly got the urge to upgrade to Shogun. No idea why, actually. Anyway, it wasn't until I only lacked thigh and feet guards that I realised I might be rushing things. Not only do the Shogun cost more to keep in shape, it doesn't protect more against Snablesnots than the Pixie.

Unfortunately I had been too quick in selling off my old Pixie set on the Trade Terminal and auction. So, I hunted some Snablesnots and sure enough, I almost got all parts (except Face and Shin guards) over two days! I love Snablesnots:

(Photo)My favourite prey at the moment: the female Snablesnot.

For some reason they give me a lot of Pixie parts. Earlier this morning, a single, fat female Snablesnot turned out to have three parts in her stomach!

(Photo)I found three Pixie armour parts in one fat female Snablesnot!

The mining project I started (with a starting budget of 300 PED) will have to wait for a few more days. I will continue that one when I am fed up with my new Sweat/Hunt routine. In the meantime I will continue to listen to experienced miners and read up on the various community forums about mining to prepare myself for my next run.

A few small adventures on Amethera

Yesterday I started running for teleports on Amethera. I already had: Billton Towers and New Oxford, the Genesis Amethera Headquarters, Treasure Island City, and Treasure Castle. For today, I had my eye on Wolverine Hope, Nea's Place, and Palms Corner. The reason for these was that from my reseach, these three would be the safest to reach solo; without a teleport chip. I started from Genesis Amethera Headquarters I planned on running almost straight South to Palms Corner. This was quite an uneventful run, and the most exciting thing was that I had an exarosaur on my tail for a long while.

(Photo)Approaching Palms corner.

Palms corner was yet another strangely abandoned little town. Very pretty nesting along the lake's edge, cuddled in the arms of surrounding cliffs. I spent a few hours here, resting and eating a quick meal. Then I headed South, South-West, with Nea's Place as my new goal.

Someone told me that equus aren't to worry about. Well, it must be my pheromones, because each and every equus I saw ran up to me as soon as I spotted 'em! The first one (a young) I killed with oh! too many of my Opalo's rounds. After that, I just ran away when I thought it might be an equus turning up on the navigator. When I thought I was getting closer to Nea's Place, there was an especially hostile equus running up to me and nibbling away at my head. I ran and ran, hoping my navigator was showing me the right direction. Suddenly, I ran into a large herd of ambulimax. Another species I'd been told weren't very hostile. Well, these were, and together with the peckish equus on my heels, I was down in no time. The timing was impeccable, though, and I revived happily at the terminal at Nea's Place!

(Photo)Nea's Place.

From Nea's Place, I took the teleporter back to Genesis Amethera Headquarters. I now wanted to pick up the Wolverine Hope teleport, and I planned on running South-East from Genesis Amethera HQs, through Land Area 16, and down to Wolverine. My biggest concern was the Land Area, which could or could not be filled with vicious, mutated critters. I had no updated information on this, and took my chance. The first part of the Land Area was lightly forested and smoothly hilly. The wildlife was mostly plants and I didn't encounter the fauna until quite a bit into the Area. When I did encounter it, I was dealt with swiftly, and ended up at the Fertilizing Station. After that, the trip down to Wolverine was uneventful and safe.

(Photo)Stunning vegetation in Land Area 16.

When I reached Wolverine Hope I was surprised to find two large biodomes there. They are operated by the same company who runs the domes in Minopolis on Eudoria. I couldn't really see what they seemed to be doing with these domes, so I will have to go back another day and check out what it is they are doing inside.

(Photo)Minopolis Biodomes have projects at Wolverine Hope.

In Wolverine Hope I met a fellow society member, Adiemus Chaotican Octavian. We had a little chat (involving another person named Dante) about language on Calypso. It's always fun to meet people in person! Forums, society chats, and so forth are good in their way, but nothing beats eye-to-eye communication.

(Photo)Adiemus Chaotican Octavian.

In closing, I can proudly announce that while sweating and hunting this morning, I was promoted:

(Photo)Level 1 in the Sweat Gatherer profession.

I will be intrigueing to see what this means in practice. Will I find more sweat? Will I succeed more? Will the Snablesnots purr while I extract their vibrant sweat? Time will tell.

Two teleporters and a professional advancement

My so far successful teleport runs on Amethera gave me inspiration yesterday. I looked at my map and saw that the Omegaton West Habitat is located straight west from Nea's Place. Another teleporter I have been very curious to get to, is the Emerald Lakes one. I've seen a lot of ads and references to shops in the mall there, so I was eager to see the place myself. Not that I have much PED to spend, but looking is free...

I started with the Nea's Place to Omegaton West Habitat run. It was uneventful and quick. I dropped a few probes, but found nothing notable. I am still learning the when, where, & how of mining, so I expected nothing more than a bit of experience. The sun was in my eyes when I approached the Habitat from the east, so the snapshot wasn't the best:

(Photo)Approaching Omegaton West Habitat from the east.

After having looked around in the shops and apartments in Omegaton West Habitat, I entered the teleporter and jumped to Genesis Amethera HQ. From there I ran north, northeast, and swam across the waters. From my landing point I ran due north, slightly northwest, avoiding the closeby land areas. When I hit the valley that stretches inland to the west, I crossed the waters and ran along the valley to the west, on the northern slopes. The run was very quiet so far, but now I saw new and intrigueing beings on the slopes. It was not long before I was greeted by the Emerald Lakes welcoming committee:

(Photo)The Emerald Lakes welcoming committee was far from welcoming...

One of them is an atrox, but the humanoid I have no idea of what he/she/it is. He definitely looks fierce. I will have to do some research on his kind...

After the brutal welcome to Emerald Lakes I headed up to the mall to do some window-shopping.

(Photo)The Emeral Lakes shopping mall.

A professional final note. During the day I dropped a few probes here and there on Amethera. At one point, I was granted the first level of the driller profession!

(Photo)I am now a certified Level 1 Driller!

Mindforce and sweating

While sweating and hunting on the northern parts of Atlas Island this morning, I bumped into another person from my society: Karacolle "Kara" Gomez. I never met him in person before, so it was a pleasant chance encounter. We started chatting about various techniques for sweating. He told me that he usually sweats without armour to get more expeience in defensive skills. I took off my Pixie set and tried out his tip. I have been sweating both with and without armour, and the only difference I notice is when fighting creatures that the Pixie actually can help with. When I fight Snablesnots the Pixie is worthless. On the other hand it doesn't need repairs either, since the Pixie won't stop any of the acid damage the Snablesnots deal.

(Photo)Chatting with Karacolle Kara Gomez on north Atlas Island.

I noticed that Kara was enveloped in a sphere of something, almost like tangible energy. I assumed it was a mindforce of some kind, and asked him what it was. He explained it was a focus "bubble". This was the first time I actually talked to someone about the pros and cons with focus; up to this moment I only just read about it. It seems very handy when sweating, not being disrupted all the time. Kara gave me bubble to try out.

(Photo)Sweating with a force bubble!

It sure was a boost to have a focus bubble when sweating! I am not sure about the economy of it, though. Looks like a minor focus chip costs around 40 PED. That's a lot of sweat. I think I have sweated around 5k vibrant sweat since I came to Calypso ten days ago. That's worth around 30 PED. Speaking of mindforce, I am also curious about trying a teleport chip...

So much fun to do, and so little time!

Teleport run with the society

Last night I was just going to check a few auctions before going to bed. A few of my society friends asked if I wanted to join in on a teleport run from Jason Center to Twin Peaks. I joined team "ENN Running for life" at Jason, and we headed east. This was interesting since I did another teleport run when I got Twin Peaks. I opted for the East Scylla Mountain to Twin Peaks. With my new knowledge I understand that my choice was wise, since the Jason Center route is much harder. It was good to meet society friends in person and have a common goal for a bit. I met Thor, prettyboy, and Monk on this trip.

We made good progress after a few false starts. The main threat to our run was the numerous faucervix. But they offered little resistence to our onslaught. In the beginning of the run we also fought a couple of robots, but we left them alone when we started running properly.

(Photo)The ENN "Running for life" team (from left ro right):
unnamed faucervix, Eud Sgurr, Thorhilda "Thor" Mjollnir, the Monk (partly obscured by faucervix), Kevin "prettyboy" Masterson, and another unnamed faucervix.

This run was a turning-point for me personally. This was the first teleport run that I did not because I needed the teleport in the end, but because I could join and help (however small help I actually was in the end). I look forward to doing more in the future!

A global loot! and a couple of advancements

I was doing my usual sweating and hunting routine south of Atlas Haven. I had just finished absorbing the vibrant sweat from a particularly fat, old male snablesnot, when it charged me. I readied my Opalo and started firing the laser at it. It went down quickly, and I started looting the carcass. It was loaded! Totally overloaded! I figured the loot was worth at least 128 PEDs!!! It registered on the global chat as a particularly big loot as well. It was a first for me. And I certainly wish it wasn't my last.

(Photo)Your truly proudly showing off the fat loot!

The rest of the week, I've been hunting and sweating; mostly. I have made some small steps towards better knowledge and skill. These are my recent achievements:

(Photo)Ranged Laser (Dmg) Level 3.

(Photo)Laser Pistoleer (Hit) Level 2.

(Photo)Laser Sniper (Hit) Level 4.

My life as a tailor

The moment I heard about the colourer profession, I've been very curious to try it out. Fashion interests me, and colour is of course an integral part of fashion. I've found various cans of paint in the wild, while hunting critters. Now I found a way to use those cans, instead of selling them to others, or even to the Trade Terminal (I did that early on, when I was even less wise than now). Quite soon I also realised that this is an forbiddingly expensive profession to start with. With my minuscule wages as a starting journalist on a strange and wild planet, it felt unfeasible to start experimenting with it. But, I did anyway. Call me stubborn.

The first step was to get my hands on something to colour! That was more difficult and expensive than I thought at first. I tried starting with tailoring, but the basic materials for creating even the most common of clothes was unattainable for me at the time. So, I bought a women's shirt at auction for trade terminal value. And I started experiementing with colours. I wasn't very successful, but I made slow progress.

Fast forward a week, and I have now gathered enough materials for trying our my basic blueprints in the tailoring machine. I managed to crank out a couple of men's shirts and pants. Wonderful! A strange sound suddenly came out from the machine I used. I made some pants, but out came also a gigantic hive of tailoring residue! I mean humongous! It turns out that the mass of threads and scrap fabric was worth almost 150 PED in the trade terminal. What a way to start off a tailor career!

(Photo)My first crafting global loot!

After this excitement I turned my attention to colouring. After many unsuccessful attempts, I managed to turn some pants into a shade of possible green. In the snapshot below I don't exactly show a keen sense of fashion. Please regard for what it is: a proud new tailor and colourer, showing off his very first collection (of pants!).

(Photo)Ok, not a good display of fashion sense, but
hey! I sewed and coloured those pants myself!

I keep an online journal of my adventures on Calypso. They are hosted by blogspot, and I will update this thread with the text from there (A Colonist's Life). For photos please see the other version.

Splashing out and exploring

Over the last few days I have been very lucky with loot. I don't feel rich, but not quite poor either. I have a lot of tools for coloring, tailoring, mining, hunting, and little pieces of this and that, and two full sets of armour (Pixie and Shogun). I don't have much cash, but I do have assets. It's a nice feeling, while I search for my preferred sidekick profession to journalism.

So, today I splashed out and bought a Lesser Teleport Chip. The price of the Lesser Teleport Chips are quite nice at the moment, so I bought one at the auction at the going rate. I never used Mindforce back on old Earth, so I've been intrigued by the progress made here on Calypso. I bought the necessary tools, and put the Chip in.

(Photo)Implanting is not quite painless...

After having inserted the Chip, I bought some Force Nexus as well, and refined 375 Mind Essence with my own Sweat. Then I headed off into the woods and had great fun! I don't regret a moment that I bought the chip. It is really, really useful for everyday use. Especially if you're lazy like me!

(Photo)Arriving at my destination. More or less at the intended destination...

To celebrate my new teleport chip, I decided to add to my teleporter collection. I picked New Switzerland om Amethera. I started in Emerald Lakes and headed north. Earlier, I decided this teleport run would be too difficult to do alone. Now, with teleport capabilities, the trip was a breeze. Whenever I encountered creatures in my path, I teleported past them. When I encountered bodies of water, and I was unsure whether it was full of nasty fish or not, I just teleported across!

(Photo)No wonder they call it New Switzerland.

I arrived at New Switzerland in one piece. What a scenery! A lovely little village and impressive lighthouse. Coming through the countryside from the south, I'm not surprised the place is named after the Earth country set in the Alps.

Back