Eudoria to Amethera in Vehicles

Pol

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
Pol Pol MacDomhnaill
Please excuse my ignorance. I've just come back to EU with its cry engine after getting a new graphics card :D

Yeah I know it took a while hehehe...

My question is can a VTOL/Hovercraft/Boat travel from one continent to the other without using a TP?

I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked...I have looked but didn't see it anywhere else.

Regards

Pol

Short answer: No

(missing some servers between both of them)

NO, you cannot travel from EUdoria to Amethera without a Teleport. Would be a good idea if you could though, and I cannot see any reason why it is not allowed. MA could even make money from it (they make no money from teleporting between continents).

NO, you cannot travel from EUdoria to Amethera without a Teleport. Would be a good idea if you could though, and I cannot see any reason why it is not allowed. MA could even make money from it (they make no money from teleporting between continents).

shhh dont give them any more ideas

Thanks

Thank you all for your answers. tbh I am not surprised, but it would be cool if we could, although I imagine they'd make it a long trip like 3 hours to do it hehehe.

Looking forward to seeing what MA/FPC have in store for us next.

The moderator can close this thread now

Regards

Pol

One day I decided to swim from Amethera to Eudoria but I got an error message (server not available) very close to the north east coast. However, I guess that means that if the ever put these servers in place it should be possible to travel between continents the old fashioned way. Maybe they do that when they reimplement hangars.

:tongue2:

IMO they should add some islands inbetween with some unique mobs (and giant/tiny versions of existing mobs, that what happens IRL so...) but no teleports :)

IMO they should add some islands inbetween with some unique mobs (and giant/tiny versions of existing mobs, that what happens IRL so...) but no teleports :)

That's a great idea! I really would like to see an MMO (EU if possible, of course) in which you can have expeditions that you have to plan and carefully. I mean like deciding what to take (clothes, armor, food, vehicles, fuel, ammo, medical supplies, temporary housing and so on) and how to execute the whole endeavor. All MMOs I know don't allow something like this because they have instantaneous travel (more or less). So some islands that can only be reached with vehicles would be a tiny step in this direction.

:yay:

We do need to find a new continent to move to because it looks like the bots are gonna take over the ones we are on right now.

But will we be able to fly or sail in from either continent?:confused:

But will we be able to fly or sail in from either continent?:confused:

Clue to answering my own Q from the Medusa page:

"a jetty for water borne visitors"

...suggesting you can visit by boat presumably. Since Medusa is between Amethera and Eudoria it seems logical to think both continents.

The thing that confuses me about this is that Amathera is clearly incomplete. So are we going to drive out boats from Eudoria past Medusa and arrive at the perfectly straight coastline of Amathera?!?

I guess so, unless they do what we had in 9.4, have all of amethera there in the map and to be seen from a distance, just not accessable. Who knows. Keep in mind tho, theres still the chance medusa will be accessable from only one continent.

Just tried flying from Medusa to Amethera. Cannot be done. Float or fly from Eudoria only.

That's a great idea! I really would like to see an MMO (EU if possible, of course) in which you can have expeditions that you have to plan and carefully. I mean like deciding what to take (clothes, armor, food, vehicles, fuel, ammo, medical supplies, temporary housing and so on) and how to execute the whole endeavor. All MMOs I know don't allow something like this because they have instantaneous travel (more or less). So some islands that can only be reached with vehicles would be a tiny step in this direction.

:yay:

Never heard of EvE-Online have you? :)

I think for EU it would be a nice idea however the additional coding & headache for MA would be insane. Especially considering they have sooooo little time to complete coding on the 'old systems' that are 'supposed' to be implemented by the end of the year.

I think for EU it would be a nice idea however the additional coding & headache for MA would be insane. Especially considering they have sooooo little time to complete coding on the 'old systems' that are 'supposed' to be implemented by the end of the year.
I don't see why it should be much coding or headache for that. Creating new islands is probobly more a design issue and it falls under FPC not MA. Just design som new islands without any TP, drop them faaaar out in the ocean and make sure there is a travelable (did I just make up a new word?) corridor of water between Eudoria and the new islands.

It seems that there are tree server areas stil missing betveen Eudora and Amethera...

I don't see why it should be much coding or headache for that. Creating new islands is probobly more a design issue and it falls under FPC not MA. Just design som new islands without any TP, drop them faaaar out in the ocean and make sure there is a travelable (did I just make up a new word?) corridor of water between Eudoria and the new islands.

You mean, as they did with the empty islands between Eudoria end Medusa's Head?...

You mean, as they did with the empty islands between Eudoria end Medusa's Head?...
Yes. Exactly. The "servers" that connect such a remote island to the main land doesn't even need to have any land at all, just water.

I played EVE for quite some time. You're right, EVE offers something like I asked for. Somehow I never saw it that way while playing EVE. Then again I was a carebear in EVE most of the time sticking to high sec. :ahh:

I don't see why it should be much coding or headache for that.
It's not about coding and headache at all. Every time you want a feature implemented in EU you should ask yourself would it mean more money for MA? If the answer is no or an insignificant amount, then you better start wishing for something else. Otherwise they're probably already tearing their hair trying to implement it but there are some technical difficulties.

In the OP case: the traffic between the continents is definitely good for MA for it means more fuel consumption, so the only reason they didn't implement it is they don't know how to. Amethera and Eudoria have different timezones and each continent has only 1 timezone (when it's sunrise at PA, it's sunrise in Zeus), so I can't see how the transition between continents can be made with the current mechanics except for the two quite unacceptable variants - putting both continents into the same timezone (boring!) and an instant switch from night to day when crossing the servers border (ugly!).

P.S.: Someone could oppose that not everything MA does is for profit, for example the recent abolishing of the rent fees. Oh yeah... Most apartments were closed due to non-payment anyway, e.g. in the Billton-2 only four out of 56 apartments (!) were open. And now people finally come to their lairs, look at their pitiful emptiness and in embarrassment rush to the auction to buy some furnitures :D. More work for crafters, colorers and texturizers, more decay, more money for MA. And the community rejoicement on top of everything. MA shot 2 chirpies with one lazor cell :silly2:.

Just thought of a cooler and perhaps more technically feasible alternative - a fixed wormhole!

This about it - wormhole 'appears' with openings on both Eudoria and Amethera. Big enough to fly, float or drive through. No need to span water or fly/float for hours between continents. Magic!

Locations? I suggest somewhere near Atlas Haven (the place needs a boost) and at the other end New Oxford or thereabouts?

How 'bout it Hanne? :confused:

3 hours

Okay with helicopter it takes about 7 minutes to get from PA to the far side of Madusas Head island, that is roughly half way between the 2 continents, so 14 minutes flying at 57km/h. Of coarse the non madusas islands are completely bare and boring, so unless their was actually some thing interesting between the 2 continents I see no reason to drive.

Yes. Exactly. The "servers" that connect such a remote island to the main land doesn't even need to have any land at all, just water.

Well, to be fair there has to be a sea bed to hold it. Could be flat and deeeeeeep though.

With nothing under it, the seas of Calypso would drain into whatever room is under the servers! :laugh:

Okay with helicopter it takes about 7 minutes to get from PA to the far side of Madusas Head island, that is roughly half way between the 2 continents, so 14 minutes flying at 57km/h. Of coarse the non madusas islands are completely bare and boring, so unless their was actually some thing interesting between the 2 continents I see no reason to drive.

Distance/time = velocity -> Distance/velocity = time.

We already know velocity and distance.
You don't need to _actually_ time it. :p

Back