Evade skill gains

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
Does anyone know what determines the gains?

Is it dmg received? Times hit?

Im asking this because i mobbed about 20 shinkibas and fapped in armor.

After 2 ped fap decay and 3ped armor decay i gained 1 evade and 2 alertness.... And my def skills are only around lvl 2-4.

This used to work, now the mobs stop giving skills after a certain amount of time and then get bored. I would round up mobs for 30 seconds, high aggro and then die heal and then go find a new pack.

The 3 skill gains were from about 6 minutes, of fapping and getting hit.

Every mob gives only a limited amount of green lines for defense skills.

This was implemented to avoid autoskilling in the way you described in your first post ;-)

Can some one provide a link for that? Or provide specific limitations for it? Thanks.

Is it dmg received? Times hit?

Damage makes no difference as far as I know. Doing damage gains you weapon related skills, the evasion act is separate. But like others have said, mobs stop giving you evade after a while so you can't fap skill evade any more.

Damage makes no difference as far as I know. Doing damage gains you weapon related skills, the evasion act is separate. But like others have said, mobs stop giving you evade after a while so you can't fap skill evade any more.

Thanks, but then i have a question,

I saw a mothership in space mobbing about 40 monsters im guessing to skill pilot, if these skills act the same thats not the case?

And if you cant do that with planet mobs but then pilot skills gained isnt effected by this. How do people gain pilot skills so fast?

But does anyone know specific details for evade skill gains limitation per a single monster?

Thanks, but then i have a question,

I saw a mothership in space mobbing about 40 monsters im guessing to skill pilot, if these skills act the same thats not the case?

And if you cant do that with planet mobs but then pilot skills gained isnt effected by this. How do people gain pilot skills so fast?

But does anyone know specific details for evade skill gains limitation per a single monster?

This is for people wanting to skill repair, the pilot doesn't get much skills.

This is for people wanting to skill repair, the pilot doesn't get much skills.

The ship does not need to be damaged to be repaired, if you repair it when its not maxed, you can continue to repair it even if the ships SI is full, so they do not need to constantly get hit like that..

But back on topic, im going to start another thread about pilot skills.

Does anyone know what a single monsters gain is limited to?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what a single monsters gain is limited to?
No idea. All I know is, if I want evade fast, I skill up the skills that will give it the best boost. Or alternatively hunt, if at my lvl with a few mobs hitting me at same time, or by hunting a much stronger mob to try kill. The skills gained should be in some way related to the cost to kill. 1/10th 1/20th etc exact measures is hard to distinguish afaik.

No idea. All I know is, if I want evade fast, I skill up the skills that will give it the best boost. Or alternatively hunt, if at my lvl with a few mobs hitting me at same time, or by hunting a much stronger mob to try kill. The skills gained should be in some way related to the cost to kill. 1/10th 1/20th etc exact measures is hard to distinguish afaik.

Thanks, when swunting punies, i notice that some will never give me any skill gains but then one will give me 5 defensive skill gains.

So i still have no clue as how its decided.

The ship does not need to be damaged to be repaired, if you repair it when its not maxed, you can continue to repair it even if the ships SI is full, so they do not need to constantly get hit like that..

Actually, yes, the ship does have to be damaged to be repaired, and pilot skills stop gaining with the same mobs, so in order for the pilot to continue skilling, the mobs have to be ditched and a new mob ball collected. But that makes it tough on the repairers who need constant damage to be able to repair. So MS like Kronan have rules that say pilot cannot ditch ball, job of the pilot is to help the repairers by coordinating continuing damage to the ship.

Thanks, when swunting punies, i notice that some will never give me any skill gains but then one will give me 5 defensive skill gains.

So i still have no clue as how its decided.
If you want evade, testing on puny's is pointless imo. If you want evade hunt nothing but merps or go to Rocktropia - Hunt The Thing & go skill on wolves they are amazing hitters or if you can do time in prison.

Did a short test on punies and shinkibas, in 4 minutes of mobing them, punies gave 2x more skills.

Still looking for anything with stats with evade gains.

Did a short test on punies and shinkibas, in 4 minutes of mobing them, punies gave 2x more skills.

Still looking for anything with stats with evade gains.

When you say they gave 2 x more skills, are you talking about seeing a green skill message?

Yes, i know that doesnt directly mean i gained more skills but imo its better to get skill gains than not to.

Which is why im still asking how it works.

Being mobbed no longer gives more defence skills its actually just causing you decay for no gain :wise:

Having many mobs on you is pointless unless your using a splash dmg weopon which will basically keep all mobs in a state where they can give you skills. Once you've received a few green line skills from a mob it stops giving them unless your engaging with it ie shooting it.

I dont know if extensive testing per mob has been done and made public, it probably has, but evade tt value is likely related to speed of attack and mob level/dmg. Those punies as an example although giving you skill, the tt value of the skill would probably be less compared to a single green line of skill obtained from a higher level mob. From now on try and ignore the green lines and concentrate on the tt value of your skills, using jdegrees chipping optimizer in connection with a skill scanner is the way to go.

For your comparison, below are two recent examples of how different mobs can affect evader skill, in the below it is measured in ammo shot as that is how i track, it doesnt tell you the tt value of the evader skills each mob gives, but how much evader skill tt value I actually got from hunting that mob over a period of ammo being shot into them. It takes a lot less time to kill an allophyl than a trox, so the allo spends less time hitting me, it has slower hit rate and is a lower lvl mob, i think all this probably affects the tt value of the skill a mob gives, i dont know this as fact though. But to answer your op question, i think this may help.

.27tt ped evade skill per 5k ammo on small allophyl
.79tt ped evade skill per 5k ammo on medium atrox

Evade can be skilled totally for free!

Go sweat a mob solo!
(useless doing it in a group if you want evade!)
If you like to skill FAP beside evade, no problem FAP yourself while sweating.

No matter how you do it, evade skilling needs activity, no way to do autouse on FAP and get skills skills skills.

That option was eliminated befor I started with EU and I am here some years now :)

I have seen others just runing into herd of Atrox, to skill evade. Personally I don´t like that way, because skillgains in relation to time spent is relative low (reviving all time, 10 secs without gain, and that after every hit, if you don´t like fapping).

Actually I have an idea how autoskilling evade may work, but don´t ask. I won´t share the idea.

Thanks for that post, but from your post u also stated more you got hit more you gained, which would also conclude, ammo used had nothing to do with it. But because you got hit more u gained more, which would be relevant to defence decay/ hp dmg received and not ammo.

It only shows what the difference in the two monster you skilled with.

But so far from what i can gather is this,
A monster will give you very limited skills.
After a couple def skill gains, it will no longer give more skills.
hp dmg received determines how much a skill gain is worth.

And for ones that havent been proven

If you are attacking it, def skill gains might be enabled, so u can gain more skills.
Armor decay has nothing to do with gains, only hp recieved before armor reduction.

Yea, defence skills arnt gained from shooting your weopon, combat skills are gained doing that. the examples I gave are for you to see that different mobs give different tt values for the various reasons as mentioned. Gaining skills is a hard grind, thankfully, they shouldnt be easy to get.

A mob will stop giving skills if your not engaging with it. This was amongst other things to stop afk skilling evade.

Im not saying as fact that dmg dealt by a mob gives better evade skills, but it is a possibility as is hit frequency and mob lvl. you can also get an evade increase when you succesfully evade a hit, so you dont actually have to get hit to get a skill increase.

Dont get too hung up on trying to skill evade. it comes naturally by you doing your hunting and stuff and its so slow, you'll get frustrated quickly by it if you skill watch all the time. Just try and have fun. And stop watching green lines, their meaningless in the long run.

Well im just curious on how it works and all the limitations,
When im on the forums 95% of the time im at work, so no loss to me, just trying to waste time while i figure something out that interests me.

So are u saying tho, as long as your engaged with it, aka attacking/ sweating it, youll gain def skills? With no limit?

When im on the forums 95% of the time im at work, so no loss to me, just trying to waste time while i figure something out that interests me.

Better don´t let read this by your boss, because you very likely won´t have any work after he read it.

To clear that up, when im on the forums, 95% of the time ill be working, not 95% of the time im working im on the forums lol.

And i work security, so im doing this on my own phone. And the chance my boss to find out, is impossible.

ANYWAYS, back to topic, i swunted a bit last night and noticed,

A monster (punies, shinkiba young-old) will give me a max of 4 def skill gains.( gained exp in blabla)
Wether it be, evade, alertness, althetics ect, will only combined only allow, 4.... From the monsters i swunted.

Back