Event development ideas!

Ace Durlamar

Young
Society
Universal Brotherhood
Alcareth Ace Durlamar
Hello everyone! I recently sent Lars a letter with ideas on how to make it easier to hold events. This is the letter :

"Hello Lars!

As we agreed earlier im sending you the details of the idea of a new occupation and a new development idea for events in Project Entropia. For starters i can tell you a little about the foundation that we started in Island Girl's name with the concent and liking of Neverdie that is called Island Girl's Virtual Artist Foundation. You can read about it in Entropia Pioneer's forum in a thread Neverdie put there if you like (search for IGVAF). Its a foundation that, in one way or the other, is going to be about honoring everything Tina (Island Girl) was to alot of players of Project Entropia. The following players are a part of the foundation, Ace Durlamar (Trustee of the foundation and keeper of IG's Shrine), Sonne (Close friend of IG), Leafren (Idea developer) and Singular (Mr. Event himself)

Our goal is among other things to set up artistic events like "Most Beautiful PEC Art" to push for the creating side of people in Project Entropia, wich is a part that is missing as it is now according to us, wich will lead to this new occupation i was speaking of that is "Artist". The ideas are plenty but a way of putting them into reality is non existing as it is now, because people steal and destroy for the serious players that are trying to enjoy this "world" we live in when we flee our real lives for a little while. What is missing is a place to hold these events in and i would like you to concider building one for us, and i will explain how i mean. Hypothetically say you put a house up for us that contains a number of "booths" with a certain size with a low wall between them. Each one of these booths have a deed that is in our possession and that we "rent out" to the participants of the event. The artist can then create his art without having to worry about thieves or someone messing with it. This would make things conciderably easier for us that set up these events and i think something like this would be in the liking of alot of players and even lure more of them to this little world of ours. The idea we have with this Art Gallery also means that you dont even have to change the code from the one you are using in the apartments, wich to me sounds pretty simple to do. Another thought i had was that the winner of these events could get a painting with his piece of art on (with a TT value of 0 of course) as a price. It is also possible to develope this Art Gallery at a later time so it can hold alot of different events and competitions.

I also have an idea about the popular Boxing Events (like the one that was totally destroyed by a couple of players the other day) that you could create a fenced in area with a boxing ring in it. This can work in a similar way as the previously mentioned house, meaning that we have a number of deeds that we rent out wich gives them access to the area and they can compete in peace. It’s even a possibility to make this like a Sports Center where all kinds of events can be held. Or at least this fenced in area could be close to the gallery so everyone will know where to go to watch/participate in these events. Another thing that would make things a great deal easier for us is some way of reaching people that dont read the different forums, like a “Bulletin Board” where we can put what kind of event and when it is going to be held aswell. This could also work if we had a way of writing a global message like the ones you are using when something is happening. This was pretty much it for now and i really hope you like our ideas and agree that this can be a very good thing for the community and is a step in the right direction of what you want Project Entropia to be in the end, something that everybody will enjoy.

Thanks in advance
Ace Durlamar
Leader of the Universal Brotherhood"

I translated this from swedish wich is what i wrote the original in. I hope you like the ideas and please feel free to comment on this, i could use the feedback :)

I like the whole arena idea....
You pay for admition to compete. You could hold anything there boxing pistols rifles whatever. I think they should do it :D

Very nice idea! I like it, hope MindArk will like it to :)

Can you elaborate more on the artist profession? :confused: Potentially you would like to see an artist/tradesman skill or just have the ability to do pec art without ppl stealing it?

Maybe the artist could make paintings and sculptures (Via the Official Ingame MA Screenprint Program of course :rolleyes: ), create new songs for ppls inhome jukeboxes...

DD
:evilking:

Devil Doll said:
Maybe the artist could make paintings and sculptures (Via the Official Ingame MA Screenprint Program of course :rolleyes: ), create new songs for ppls inhome jukeboxes...

DD

yes would be cool... but how could MA implement such a system :confused: For some1 to be able to CREATE something totally new and unique that they come up with, and then factoring in skills, etc... how is something like that programmed?

*Sveta- no, I know nothing about programming so if this is an easy fix just tell me :girl:

GREAT Idea Ace. I think MindArk will like this idea ;) !

Events like these are great, and I hope it is not long to wait before MA implements effective event management solutions.

Wouldn't it be great if you could buy musical instruments for your avatar :cool:

Then if you are equipped with MIDI keyboard, Guitar interface or drums interface you could have jamming sessions over the net - or put together a virtual gig - with sales proceeds apportioned to the performers, the event organisers, the Loot pool ,and Tips of course to MA ;) Gigs could be held in houses, apartments or purpose built venues! :headbang:

Hey yes, of course I'm dreaming! but the technology is all there - it would require a team of people with drive and vision at MA to pull it off. Were this to succeed it would be truly revolutionary for PE and could be a huge enticement for new players and a boost to the economy.

What do you think?

I love this idea, seeing in how I believe it would be great to get the works of artists in the game, as I have mentioned to Ace before. I'd love to see how they would go about this because it would surely be a profession I would most certainly persue, seeing in how that is what I do for a living! :-D

Event and Artist work inside PE

Hi all !!

Thanx Ace for this great thread.

I hope many more people tell us their opinion about our idea to make PE rumbling in Event Things :)

Every idea is welcome.

Hi folks.

I like this idea even i know out of my experience to run events that MA has a problem to fix before the interactive voting can be activated again. :mad:

Shure it is a great idea & the implementation of a module like this to the PE universe is posible. Fact is that there some serius bugs to fix before the delovepment team wil be able to take time for a project like this.

Ok. If someone can pay for a direct order and ability to pay for it this project could be part of PE much faster.

The multi acces module is able to handle projects like this from the base game engine out of the support for global interaction. (Like Teamchat, Globalchat & Event messaging.

My question to Lars and Marco is on tis place when they are able to release the claim management in order to share claims. :confused:

When it is posible to share permissions to place and pick up items on a claim / House it is also posible to run events like this at anny place.

Fact is that it is realy nesesery to include the claim permissions to the complete claim. (Including the surrounding land that belongs to the deed.)

I hope MA is able to fix this in one of next VUs otherwise it wil get rumors about the expanding options that are promissed to upgrade houses and lots.

Also when you place a eventcenter, it is with the current claim system only posible to give placement and not remove permissions to a special user you allow it on the claim terminal.

When it is posible to give special avatars the posibility to pick up a iten in a area, we can talk about a Eventcenter.

Lets see what the DEVs have to say to it.

Iam with you and hope you have success with your request.
Usual MA says "Is Planned & Wait until Release. Bugfix first".

Greetz.
Rasta

Dont you think your exhaggerating the whole Island Girl thing? Nice that your thinking about events but a "foundation" seems tasteless.I think its gettin out of hand,like a PR thing now. Cant you just let the dead rest in peace? Its bad enough she got a shrine

Thank you everybody for the nice responce on this. Its nice to see so many of you supporting this. And Knuckles this is not only about the foundation. As you may have noticed its only the beginning of the letter adressing it. I mention it here because we are collecting peds for the foundation to HOLD these events because this was what Tina would have wanted in PE and hopefully we will get some help from MA to be able to do it. The idea with the foundation was to help sort out what was happening at the mentioned Shrine, We are friends of Tinas and not people who just want to "ride" on her name and im sorry if you feel that way. And it DID help since the fighting at the Shrine stopped when we started this. I hope this can change your mind on what we are doing here.

Thank you

I don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion here so I will make one comment and then walk away. You state "What someone would have wanted..."

If they wanted that so badly they would have organized it when they were with us.

DD

Ok let me refraze...Its what Neverdie told me that she would have wanted

Sorry if i was unclear but this Thread is not about that. Its about ideas for Event Development

Ace Durlamar said:
Ok let me refraze...Its what Neverdie told me that she would have wanted

Sorry if i was unclear but this Thread is not about that. Its about ideas for Event Development

Agreed. Event tools are much needed. How would someone who say, paid the entry fee just to be a greifer be dealt with?

DD

How would someone who say, paid the entry fee just to be a greifer be dealt with?
How about if you have an interface for events similar to the Team interface, then the team / event leader can invite people who pays a fee and kick people that don't behave.

And perhaps you could have say a boxing ring that you have to rent per hour, and the team who rents it is the only people who can enter it.

Last edited:
art

Imho this world we 'live' in is in desperate need of other ways to express ourselfs next to the onces already ingame.

All the macho and testosterone based stuff is here (weapons, outfits armor etc), it only helps ppl to get even more moronic, MA maybe should take a responsebility here and make sure there is also a way to express yourself in a non-violent way. And equal things out a bit more.

The possibility to have artpieces made ingame 'eternalized' would be a big plus, to be able to airbrush, stack stuff, gaffity, sculpture etc etc would add a lott to the world.
An Exebition centre or an Art Gallery or even a Museum filled with pieces made by avatars tru out the years.

About the events, I dont think MA has new implementations in mind in the near future, tho I hope im very wrong...
I have been asking MA regulary for an Arena/event hall, hopefully it will come someday soon... A combined centre could work too: Arena/Art Gallery something like a huge Community Hall, with event possibilities etc etc

/s dreams on...

I applaud Ace for his initiative to send the letter and I truely hope MA will speed up new implementations to help avatars structure happenings and events.

Back