Every planet should have it's own MU on auction

Do you want each planet to have their own MU on AH?

• Yes

Votes: 56 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
Don't you think that would be better? That way each planet can truly develop their own economy. Market value will then be planet based. Calypso's undercutting economy would then not affect other planets.

+1 for me, i voted yes... However i would like to add a part..

2 options, one MV for the planet(all planets), and another MV for the universe(average)

Market History kills economy since there are people who will always undercut . If you want a real economy get rid of that...

I put no, its up to the player to take the time to learn the markets themselves.
Markets for each planet would cause some crazy fluctuations, since volume wont match.

I put no, its up to the player to take the time to learn the markets themselves.
Markets for each planet would cause some crazy fluctuations, since volume wont match.

Then why have market history at all?

Ideally I would like to have an api available that would allow me to extract data for my own analysis.

Then why have market history at all?

I would prefer if they had no markup history, then we could have a free market economy that involves real cash. Let the market determine current prices and not a stupid history of what desparate players last sold it at.

This has nothing to do with whether or not we have a free market economy. In real life, stock market buy and sell history is available for anyone to utilise. Similarly in the energy market. Transparency does not hinder a free market.
I determine the price I sell at but I do like to analyze sales history to get an idea of what people are willing to pay. The data is there. It's just a matter of how accessible it is.

Yes, I would like this too, but as someone else said, I want both the planet MU and the MU for the whole universe to be showed next to each other.

Edit: one other thing, they should remove the dayly MU and have a weekly MU as the shortest time period in my opinion

when they introdused the planets they talked about how someone could transport common goods from one planet to other planet that they where uncommon for a better price

I would like the Planet Partners to attract that much clientel of their own that MU stabilizes throughout the Universe.
Plus, differences in MU shold stay in effect for the purpose of trading. So I voted no.

Market History kills economy since there are people who will always undercut . If you want a real economy get rid of that...

What? That is how all free markets function.

Anything else and it's price fixing, which is illegal.

I just don't want an ingame function telling people at what price they should sell for due to idiots bringing prices down. Just my opinion and price fixing in EU is toally legal btw.

Having separate MVs per planet will greatly help to shape proper economies on planets other than calypso. Market history is not the reason for people under-cutting prices, that will occur regardless whether there's history or not.

If each planet would display their on MV then the prices would more closely reflect the supply and demand of items on each planet, which is what a true free market needs. Right now calypso dictates the prices of items in all of EU because that's where the highest volume is sold, it doesnt reflect the demand of goods on other planets adequately.

It's quite obvious I voted yes and would encourage anyone who wants to see planet partners and even calypso succeed to also vote yes.

I have a feeling some people want seperate MVs so they can profit via trading w/o doing their own researches. But if it was that easy so many people will do this so the profit is minimal. I prefer it the way it is so you need knowledge and actually have to do something in order to profit.

I have a feeling some people want seperate MVs so they can profit via trading w/o doing their own researches. But if it was that easy so many people will do this so the profit is minimal. I prefer it the way it is so you need knowledge and actually have to do something in order to profit.

The profit potential is very limited as it is now either way. Since everyone on planets other than calypso expects at least calypso prices for their items.

No, tired of having to go to Calypso to get cheaper oils than Arkadia. I encourage universal market value

No, tired of having to go to Calypso to get cheaper oils than Arkadia. I encourage universal market value
Obviously the market are not as big in the other planets compared to Calypso. This is why even though there's a "universal market value" smart people still sell stuff more expensive on certain planets.

But my suggestion would allow each planet to have their own market, instead of only the smart people selling for more % than calypso. This could also give benefits to certain items, an item that is very common on calypso may not be as common on X planet. This would allow players to get that certain item and import it to that particular planet to sell for better markup.

Ask yourself this.. why did MA create space and made it completely lootable PvP? The answer is:
1. They said themselves that they want each planet to grow their own economy.
2. By making it as hard as possible to transfer resources between planets, this makes it possible.
3. The only thing that is keeping it from happening completely is that current MU is universal. They must not have thought about this yet.

I agree with others who have said add a list to see different planet's markup not just the planet that you're on. This would allow for a more in depth "real" market price. And removal of daily markup on AH should definitely be removed I agree with that as well, since then the people who undercut others, won't affect the real markup of items - just because someone is a hurry to sell doesn't mean that it should affect the others who are smart and have patience.

I voted yes as the result of more market information is only positive.

Best regards
Zweshi

Sounds like some of us are talking about two different things.

1. Should we be able to see the MU on items based on prices for the items sold on the planet only (which it think the question was about)

2. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that items have different prices (MU) on different planet or should it have the same price on all planets?

I believe it's a good thing to have different prices on the planets, it's supports the view of them as separate planets. What i don't like is when some basic MA resources are missing on the planets.

MU is entirely up to the playerbase/traders to decide...
I doont believe that MA can do anything at all about the MU-based prices :)
Its like the Egg, what would happen if there were 100 eggs dropping? Would the price be as high as it was?
And Mod Fap - wold it be as high MU as it is if there were 1k of Mod faps?
It has to be with the playerbased desired wishes depending on MU.. :)

I must say that MA can do anything about the prices anyhow, depending on how much they drop in Items/loot but i guess it has a quite good balance in droppings etc. :)

nope, I don't even think it would affect anything...

you can already view every planets auction from other planets! :dunno:

Didn't Kim say he'd bring this matter up with MA last year, shortly after the other planets started to launch?

edit: In fact he did on EF

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/200253-separate-auction-history-planets-2.html#post2573398

It sounds like an interesting idea and I'll have a talk with the rest of the team about it as soon as they come back from vacation.

It's probably a very simple thing to implement as it could be accomplished by adding additional filters to the auction history.

Cheers

I agree, atm the newbies on other planets can't tell what's tt and what isn't on their respective planet because the sales on Calypso are screwing the AH. It also means that crafters end up paying far more on some planets than others or may run out of generic resources because people are tt'ing it thinking it's worthless on that planet.

Didn't Kim say he'd bring this matter up with MA last year, shortly after the other planets started to launch?

edit: In fact he did on EF

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/200253-separate-auction-history-planets-2.html#post2573398

I agree, atm the newbies on other planets can't tell what's tt and what isn't on their respective planet because the sales on Calypso are screwing the AH. It also means that crafters end up paying far more on some planets than others or may run out of generic resources because people are tt'ing it thinking it's worthless on that planet.
Hah, interesting.. well I guess those fellows at Mindark didn't deem it a priority..

I think its a good idea becouse it will increase the amount of traders and help space to prosper.

Back