FAP Bug - Rip Off

JohnnyBravo

Prowler
Society
www.EntropiaForum.pl
Johnny JB Bravo
As many of you already know I am running a Medic Services and am constantly FAPing people. I have noticed a very annoying thing regarding the FAP.
If I FAP someone at exact same time as the mob hits this person, than this person doesn't get any HP. This happens quite often and I'm not talking about situation when person gets a Critical Hit.
So basically everytime this happens (happens a lot) MA gets 8 pec when using Ek-2600. Multiply that by the number of people FAPing a day and there you have a pretty nice number that's added to MA's account.

I'd like that bug to be fixed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
I don't like being ripped off.

P.S. I'm not saying MA did it on purpose.

To MA:
You killed his Fap, you bastards :mad:

Yea I really hate such bugs, I mean you are offering a great service for others and then this damn MA profitable bug just starts messing with your honourable business...

-rep for MA
+rep for you

Keep up the great work and a wonderful service...And let´s hope MA does respond to this as it affects ALL Entropians...

Claire

Bad bad bug!!

Report and see to this getting fix'ed MA :(

A fap is a fap - and should give hp accordingly, even if hit or not.

are you sure that the heal and dmg don't just cancel each other out? does chat say you actually managed to heal him?

are you sure that the heal and dmg don't just cancel each other out? does chat say you actually managed to heal him?

hmm i seam to get that sometimes but it seams when i go to heal it doesnt do anything then u heal again nothing then u get like 1 lagged heal then its alright again for a while. but sometimes the damage might cancel it out abit. not sure

I dont think you pay decay when you dont heal.

I have noticed the same, few VUs ago though. "Sometimes" fap doesn't give any heal and/or message to the chat-screen.

There is a good chance this isn't a bug, just coincidence. Did this person's health not move when he got hit and fapped at the same time? If so, it might be working correctly.

I don't think it's a coincidence. It's happened to me many, many times over several VU's. The lagged heal is a separate thing from this, as your heal is completely skipped, even though you FAPed and have to wait for reload. It's too difficult/tedious to track decay until it happens just to see if it costs an extra few pec. In my case, I've used everything from FAP5 to FAP50 + Vivo T1, so I don't think it's FAP-dependent. It happened twice yesterday when i was bot-hunting, in fact, and it does seem to to happen when the heal attempt is simultaneous to a mob hit.

The most recent thing I've noticed and that is related to this, is a semi-bug that occurs sometimes; if you hcharge a weapon and fast switch from weapon to FAP, the fap bar reloads one time before the fap will give any heal.

In fapping in teams I guess it's more common that the mob or some other player gets between you and the one you're fapping, and then client thinks that it's you who want to get fapped (or the other way around: Even if you selected yourself, if you stand close to a teammate client wants to fap the fully healed teammate instead of yourself). This is probably "by design". A special case of the first problem is when you're healing someone hunting chompers (or maybe some other really big mob) and the hunter gets "inside" the mob, then you can't fap either.

The third thing is probably lag, where lots of strange things can happen. If looting takes say 10 seconds or more, it's probably server lag that's the problem.

I still get that bug. It happens too often to be unnoticable.
I don't know if it's just me who gets it or I don't know about something :)

JB

The most recent thing I've noticed and that is related to this, is a semi-bug that occurs sometimes; if you hcharge a weapon and fast switch from weapon to FAP, the fap bar reloads one time before the fap will give any heal.

In fapping in teams I guess it's more common that the mob or some other player gets between you and the one you're fapping, and then client thinks that it's you who want to get fapped (or the other way around: Even if you selected yourself, if you stand close to a teammate client wants to fap the fully healed teammate instead of yourself). This is probably "by design". A special case of the first problem is when you're healing someone hunting chompers (or maybe some other really big mob) and the hunter gets "inside" the mob, then you can't fap either.

The third thing is probably lag, where lots of strange things can happen. If looting takes say 10 seconds or more, it's probably server lag that's the problem.

YES!!! I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! they really need to fix this... when your out there hunting the big stuff it's life and death, you don't have time for a fap to "miss" and have to wait a whole reload time before you can get any hp. I havn't checked if you lose decay when this happens but I REALLY hope you don't. IMO these couple fap bugs should be addressed and corrected ASAP it's incredibly frustrating!!!:mad:

even when it comes to lag, it's not hard to correct the problem they just have to chage it so that it waits for a responce from the server before resetting the reload timer. As opposed to the client restarting the reload timer BEFORE it sends out the data or hears a responce.

another bug that should be fixed is the locked items thing. where you change to a gun or fap and it just sits there no matter how much you press the button you just stand there holding the item. Or when your shooting for example and press your fap button and nothing happens, all you can do is continue to shoot since it won't change to your fap then randomly it'll switch to your fap. I understand lag can cause this, but it's kinda lame how it lags on you using your items but it never seems to lag and cause the mob to stop tearing into you...

some tweaks are definatly in order...

EXACTLY JAMBON!!!
I always had the same Armor Thighs Bug with Nemesis. I could never take off the Nemesis Thigh-Guards. I had to relog everytime it happened, or go to storage and change them to other Thighs.

FRUSTRATING!!!! FIX IT!!!!

EXACTLY JAMBON!!!
I always had the same Armor Thighs Bug with Nemesis. I could never take off the Nemesis Thigh-Guards. I had to relog everytime it happened, or go to storage and change them to other Thighs.

FRUSTRATING!!!! FIX IT!!!!

This happens to me very often and i have found that every time it does, i have the TP chip equipted.
If i unequipt it the armor parts releases.

This happens to me very often and i have found that every time it does, i have the TP chip equipted.
If i unequipt it the armor parts releases.

He he he :) Thanks for a great advise and I sure will use it but MA should FIX IT so that we don't have to look for such solutions.

+Rep :)

I've noticed a similar thing when firing a weapon. If I fire the moment I'm hit, it appears I didn't fire. Happens a lot to me since I like having multiple mobs agro me at once. (More challenge)

I've paid attention to my ammo and noticed when this happened i did not lose ammo. It's like the command never reached MA. (Not sure how a registered hit, meaning incoming data, blocks an outgoing command completely, but...:scratch:)

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you are getting decay-jipped.

Then again, I have been wrong before.

Possible solution: Learn to time the mobs hits, so you don't fap at the wrong time.

I've noticed a similar thing when firing a weapon. If I fire the moment I'm hit, it appears I didn't fire. Happens a lot to me since I like having multiple mobs agro me at once. (More challenge)

I've paid attention to my ammo and noticed when this happened i did not lose ammo. It's like the command never reached MA. (Not sure how a registered hit, meaning incoming data, blocks an outgoing command completely, but...:scratch:)

Anyway, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you are getting decay-jipped.

Then again, I have been wrong before.

Possible solution: Learn to time the mobs hits, so you don't fap at the wrong time.

ya it's good that we arn't losing that decay... but we shouldn't have to time our hits... MA should just fix the problem :silly2:

sometimes when trying to take down something big you don't have a second to spare and when you try to shoot or fap; not having it execute and only reset the timer can be quite a hinderance and actuallt lead to more armor decay than normal since you couldn't kill the mob quicker.

To MA:
You killed his Fap, you bastards :mad:

Yea I really hate such bugs, I mean you are offering a great service for others and then this damn MA profitable bug just starts messing with your honourable business...

-rep for MA
+rep for you

Keep up the great work and a wonderful service...And let´s hope MA does respond to this as it affects ALL Entropians...

Claire

Well I dont defend MA hardly ever, but here I will. You can't "-rep MA" afterall, Its a bug. I dont think Its deliberate... Its a big system. There's gonna be flaws of course. Best way Is to report It nicely. Not act as If MA should be perfect and never have had the bug happen In the first place.

Back