Faster skilling with Treasure Hunt?

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
Hi all,

now that Treasure Hunting is released, I would like to know, if "more TT spent = more skills" is true for mining?
I am aware, that this needs to be tested after the launch, but I strongly assume, that the skill system will be the same as with current mining.

My current assumptions are:
If I spend more decay, I will gain more.
Let's say, I make a 100 PED run with ore only, then a 100 PED run enmatters only. I assume, I gain the same skills, when I do a 200 PED ore+enmatter run, is this correct?

If so, then I assume, that mining with amps, will increase my skill gains, but only for the TT value spend of the amp, not the MU ofc.

If both assumptions are correct, then it would not hamr me, if I do ore+enmatter+trasure... in case, TT finds of a treasure is 300% of enmatter finds.

Would love to get some feedback from experienced miners, thanks in advance.

Hi Smo

Amped mining (pros/surv) gives more skills, so yes i believe is related to "tt burn", and so i would presume treasure hunting will be also.

Guess wait for systems to come up to be sure.

I been wondering how amped treasure hunting will work 0.o , awaiting info lol. :D

Wasn't this tested & proven sometime back in the day when the amps were first introduced (not in the so very recent past) and was commong knowledge since then?
The thing with Treasure Hunting is, of course, that you gain very different set of skills than in prospecting/surveying (although probably sharing some general/shared mining skills, like Perception, Geology), so it'll just be the very same thing as watching Prospector gains while you do Surveying.

Decay = Skills more decay more money spent more skills.

This.

Also, you can get most un-eco finder and un-eco excavator:

vrx3k+lvl13amps+RE-105, also slap range enhancers on finder (increasing decay more) and you will get nice green lines!

But not for long.

Not with everything. I thought this was the case also until I recently tried a special item giving WAY more skills than usual for the TT spent.

The tests I did are many years old now, but they suggested skill-gain rate was determined by two components - a per-click rate and a per-ttSpend rate.

Higher decay items tended to have lower skill-gain per ped spent as a result (but higher skill-gain per time).

I'd guess the special item has a high per-click component to it. I'm guessing you don't want to reveal the item, but what profession was it for?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this.
I tried some mining yesterday, but it want so bad for me, I stopped :).

More decay = more skills.

However, it does not seem to be linear. If you double your decay you do not double your skills received. If you double your decay you might increase your skills by say 50%(just an example number).

Hi all,

now that Treasure Hunting is released, I would like to know, if "more TT spent = more skills" is true for mining?
I am aware, that this needs to be tested after the launch, but I strongly assume, that the skill system will be the same as with current mining.

My current assumptions are:
If I spend more decay, I will gain more.
Let's say, I make a 100 PED run with ore only, then a 100 PED run enmatters only. I assume, I gain the same skills, when I do a 200 PED ore+enmatter run, is this correct?

If so, then I assume, that mining with amps, will increase my skill gains, but only for the TT value spend of the amp, not the MU ofc.

If both assumptions are correct, then it would not hamr me, if I do ore+enmatter+trasure... in case, TT finds of a treasure is 300% of enmatter finds.

Would love to get some feedback from experienced miners, thanks in advance.

100 PED enmatter run + 100 PED ore run =/= 200 PED ore/en run

You have to remember ore uses more probes per drop, so a 200 ore/en drop would spend more than 100 PED on ores, and less than 100 on enmatters, unless you switched to detecting only enmatter after 150 PEDs in probes have been dropped.

Same goes for treasure hunting, since it takes more probes per drop, a mining run where you set detector to look for all 3 types at the same time would provide 50% of the skillgains for treasure hunter, 33.3~% for prospector and 16.6~% for surveyor.

Your assumption is only correct if you do not care about the proportion of skills distributed to each profession and only care about skills per PED spent whatever those skills may be.

More decay = more skills.

However, it does not seem to be linear. If you double your decay you do not double your skills received. If you double your decay you might increase your skills by say 50%(just an example number).

TT value of skills received is proportional to value of bombs dropped (including amps).

My statistics prove that.

So I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

In any case, one cannot speak of 'decay' in the context of Mining Finder skills - the decay of a finder has no measurable effect on skill gain.

Well I didn't have any treasure hunting skills. After about 800 ped worth of probes dropped (105 unamped, TT RockRipper (L) driller) I gained about 1040 point in total within the 3 treasure hunting associated skills and went from 171.5 hp to 172.25 hp. So I'm feeling like that's a little faster then seeing disciples mining bouncing back and forth with ores/enmatters. Don't know for sure though. Skill gains are slowing down already. Also... the actual act of treasure hunting (dropping the probes) seems to give faster HP gains than drilling up the claims.

Menace

Also... the actual act of treasure hunting (dropping the probes) seems to give faster HP gains than drilling up the claims.

I expect TH works just like Ore/Enmatter, and both Treasure Hunting and Archaeologist give 1 HP for each 1600 Levels.

I totally forgot about the HP increase... didn't trackthis, but as I droppped more than 1k bombs, I should see a change... or soon...

Back